Others Completed Complete Goblin Burrow: I'll Borne [v.220415] [Peperoncino]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
Thai2410
Can you give link to the last version, because is banned without VPN in my country.
I can use vpn but some people cant.
The entire game, compressed, is 5.5Gb, and I don't have a reliable way of sharing it (e.g MEGA)

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
You can try this, though. It's the game data file. Download and replace your old data file.
May or may not work, I do not guarantee anything.

Doomlord01

Feb 13, 2018
To my knowledge, there is no software that handles Kirikiri games. I wrote my own scripts using Python.
Off the topic of the subject of the thread i guess, but expanding on the question posed.
But as a person unlearned in such things, is there really any programs to help translate stuff like visual novels?

I'm curious about it for a few... untranslated VNs i've seen here. And wanna learn how difficulty it is or even if i could learn to do so. (just haven't found the right place to ask obviously lol)

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Off the topic of the subject of the thread i guess, but expanding on the question posed.
But as a person unlearned in such things, is there really any programs to help translate stuff like visual novels?

I'm curious about it for a few... untranslated VNs i've seen here. And wanna learn how difficulty it is or even if i could learn to do so. (just haven't found the right place to ask obviously lol)
I don't know, there could be really good programs. I wrote my own in large part because I learn best by doing and thought it would be an interesting 'learn how to code' project. All I came in with was a little coding knowledge from summer camps as a kid, working through by Al Sweigart, and a lot of time on StackOverflow.

It would be doable without automation but probably hell. If you are fluent in Japanese, KiriKiri has the scenarios in plain text files you can just edit. The only tools you'd need would be the Xp3Pack.exe to unpack and repack the files, and a text editor of your choice. You'd still need to deal with repetitive lines and duplicating them, and fixing find+replace errors where they destroy something. You'll also need to go through the system files for UI stuff, but there are only a few patterns you'd need to recognise (drawText, gameText, and emb=) for those. If you are doing MTL or editing MTL, then you would spend hundreds of hours just copy-pasting lines of text into DeepL unless you automate it. Using a DeepL script translating all 43000 unique lines in Illborne still took about 50 hours, literally just copy-pasting it into the website and waiting for the output. Definitely better automated.

Automating has just been creating regular expressions to capture text, dumping it into JSON files, pushing it through a web-browser automator, and then rebuilding the text files. From a programming perspective, pretty simple, but also a lot of trial and error.

At some point I will be putting my scripts on GitHub, but I can't guarantee they'll be useful for games that are not made by peperoncino, since they'll be built to handle how they code this game and I don't know if that is always how it will be done.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

Out of date

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

has also gone live. If you want to help with cleaning up or retranslating the MTL, this is your chance! The README has all the instructions.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
No, aside from the narrator and moaning sounds, it isn't fully voiced yet.
The dev estimates it will be added it in (for free) around October.
Good to know, I would actually expect them just to not have fully voiced lines due to the increase in characters if it wasn't for that price hike. Still, while I'm pretty unfamiliar with this particular ecosystem of game development, it seems like a pretty ballsy move on Peperoncinos' part to charge $100 without such a large component of the game.

I imagine it is likely to help fund the voice acting and it did release with a 30% price reduction, but that is only for a month. They are still planning to sell it at full price for well over a month till they get the voiced lines patched in.

I'm not mad myself, I actually purchased the game on its' initial release, because I'm a huge fan of Peperoncinos' games. I'm just shocked that it seems to be selling as well as it is, at least by going on the ranking and average reviews on the DLsite store page.

Doomlord01

Feb 13, 2018
I don't know, there could be really good programs. I wrote my own in large part because I learn best by doing and thought it would be an interesting 'learn how to code' project. All I came in with was a little coding knowledge from summer camps as a kid, working through by Al Sweigart, and a lot of time on StackOverflow.

It would be doable without automation but probably hell. If you are fluent in Japanese, KiriKiri has the scenarios in plain text files you can just edit. The only tools you'd need would be the Xp3Pack.exe to unpack and repack the files, and a text editor of your choice. You'd still need to deal with repetitive lines and duplicating them, and fixing find+replace errors where they destroy something. You'll also need to go through the system files for UI stuff, but there are only a few patterns you'd need to recognise (drawText, gameText, and emb=) for those. If you are doing MTL or editing MTL, then you would spend hundreds of hours just copy-pasting lines of text into DeepL unless you automate it. Using a DeepL script translating all 43000 unique lines in Illborne still took about 50 hours, literally just copy-pasting it into the website and waiting for the output. Definitely better automated.

Automating has just been creating regular expressions to capture text, dumping it into JSON files, pushing it through a web-browser automator, and then rebuilding the text files. From a programming perspective, pretty simple, but also a lot of trial and error.

At some point I will be putting my scripts on GitHub, but I can't guarantee they'll be useful for games that are not made by peperoncino, since they'll be built to handle how they code this game and I don't know if that is always how it will be done.
Understandable. And thanks for explaining! It's very much appreciated

Reactions: MuninKai

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
So whats the trick in getting the game to recognize the save file from the first goblin burrow? About to start it up but want my OP boys
Open the first Goblin's Burrow
"File (F)" tab on the menu bar -> "Register your files (R)"
1627797439656.png

When you start a new game in Ill Borne, it should ask you whether you want to start with save being transferred over.

1627797495423.png

Now go clear the map with your trusty Thunderhawk shamans.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

fogginstance

Apr 11, 2019
my DEF-based hobgoblin with holy prayer & infinite mana has been by far the MVP. basically makes my entire team immortal.

epicrouter01

Aug 27, 2020
How many girls are there? There is just no end to them. I have already encountered more than original Goblin Burrow had with ALL the expansions, and i haven't even finished the game yet. Also, i guess there is some random forks - on some runs you get huge tavern girl and two gnomes (wedding dress one and the hammer one), and sometimes you get Clown Girl instead. Some of the late game girls are random too

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes