project 4

Sep 10, 2018
is there a guide for this? specifically endings. sorry but im not browsing 34 pages, its 3 am and i only have enough energy to post this....

project 4

Sep 10, 2018
its the day after, i feel rested and etc. of course i can read that NOW. though i just need the ending guide.

bbnn

Mar 22, 2018
i had 3 lucky passive, but the tower only drop 3 item, i think it must be at least 4? 1 base +3 bonus? 1688528730784.png

Last edited:

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I notice there are passive skills that are not listed under the guide.

What is Demon King and Absolute Magic? What do they do since no one has it and I got it via breeding.

bbnn

Mar 22, 2018

What is Demon King and Absolute Magic? What do they do since no one has it and I got it via breeding.
different name
demon king = king of demon
Absolute Magic = infinitive magic 1688810961146.png

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017

They are combined passives, created by breeding goblin who has passive A with a seedbed who has passive B.

There should be a file named "Passives" in the download folder that talk about them.

XSFract

May 13, 2022
for the people who wants a cheated save
it have a maxed out ritual gains and 21 mill stat increases
ritual.PNG
You need to breed some goblins first for the stats to take effect

Reactions: TuanCao

Isabbah

Mar 11, 2017
To celebrate the update of this game, here is the newly updated guides, with everything you need to know about this game.

View attachment 2700055
I've read the guide (it's VERY well made) but can't figure out how to stop losing pack units way faster than they can be replaced.

Early on it works fine to limit the attrition by keeping a front-line of strong leaders with no pack units (by choosing a mutant goblin I lack as pack unit) or hobs since they have so low command. But by mid-game I could lose 50-100 ordinary goblins in a fight, or having to kill of all my mutated goblins of a certain type.

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
I've read the guide (it's VERY well made) but can't figure out how to stop losing pack units way faster than they can be replaced.

Early on it works fine to limit the attrition by keeping a front-line of strong leaders with no pack units (by choosing a mutant goblin I lack as pack unit) or hobs since they have so low command. But by mid-game I could lose 50-100 ordinary goblins in a fight, or having to kill of all my mutated goblins of a certain type.
If it is your first playthrough, then that is to be expected. Enemies in this game has ridiculous difficulty spikes. Don't rush the main raid stage, stick for a while, raid the adventurer tower and build up your force instead. Raid the tower is vital, because it can give you lots of items, to be used in rituals that increase birth rate.

The things you can do are:
1. The Guard button. It is very, VERY, underrated. By attacking an enemy, you risk being counterattack, so if your goblins dish out lower than they can take in, use Guard that turn.
2. Identify the enemy's damage dealer and take them out quickly (or take out their pack units so they are weakened)
3. Raise your overall DEF. DEF helps reduce all kind of damage, including damage taken by packs. This is why you would see Paladins lose only a handful of goblins everytime he is attacked.

Reactions: Isabbah
Jul 24, 2023
So i've been looking at how the game is constructed and isn't it possible to import girls from the original goblin burrow into ill borne? They even have some left over code identifying anvil and all the old girls in the files. For those a bit more familiar with the files what is your input on this attempt at game splicing?

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
So i've been looking at how the game is constructed and isn't it possible to import girls from the original goblin burrow into ill borne? They even have some left over code identifying anvil and all the old girls in the files. For those a bit more familiar with the files what is your input on this attempt at game splicing?
Yes, I have pondered upon it, actually.
The thing is making a new stages for the imported girls, plus figuring out if the UI would break or not. Those things might be a lot of trouble.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I've thought about it. It would be require a lot of work.

The most insidious issue is space. First, where the sprites go. It's in the variables file, but probably the most likely to cause a game crashing bug. Second, in the gallery, which would need to be completely rebuilt to allow for that many seedbeds to be accessible (or you would not have it). Third would be on the raiding map. Making it not a confusing mess would be very challenging.

Next most insidious issue would be mismatches. I haven't really looked into this, but I suspect there are a few places where seedbeds are referenced by their ID number rather than their name, which would cause very weird behaviour. Same goes for enemies appearing in stages (encountered this with some sloppy patching work I did on Fable) that they shouldn't. These kinds of issues wouldn't break the game, but would cause very odd behaviour.

Then there's just the mechanics. You can probably ignore rewriting the ending conditions, but you would need to create an entirely new set of conditions for how and when seedbeds appear on the map. There is also a GameText file that contains some things which might be misreferenced, but otherwise most of their scenarios and other stats are relatively self-contained.

That's a lot of manual edits and places where things can go wrong, but the codebase is similar enough between the two games that it is theoretically possible.

Jul 24, 2023
Thanks for your input, ideally i'd slot the new seed beds into the reserved ids and call them to do experimentation first. Such as adding them to the big room object they use as well as getting the scene files in the right folders to be called when an interaction is had. Currently just thinking small scale to improve my knowledge of the code before doing anything silly with battles or the world map. Likely placing the sprites would be a trial and error process as i compare against the ill borne seed beds.

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
As far as ids go, I think all girl have different ids. For example, the girls from game 1 would be tagged 001 to 024, while Ill Borne is 101 to 152 (or something) and Fable girls are 201 to 224.

3.40 star(s) 11 Votes