Jul 24, 2023
All the girls do have different IDs. In the case of ill borne he just uses 0 to 70 for the slots. 15 or so are reserved at the end of the list and have no girl associated. I'm not sure if this was in prep for another dlc or just was making it an arbitrary size cause he thought the cast would be bigger. The old burrow variables are just below that starting from 0 to 24 with 5 slots reserved. I'm not sure why they aren't commented out but they don't impact the game even though a significant amount of girls share the same variable number. I.e. Cotton = 0 & Anvil = 0. Anyone else have input on this and whether peperoncino left the rest of his old files in the following game?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
All the girls do have different IDs. In the case of ill borne he just uses 0 to 70 for the slots. 15 or so are reserved at the end of the list and have no girl associated. I'm not sure if this was in prep for another dlc or just was making it an arbitrary size cause he thought the cast would be bigger. The old burrow variables are just below that starting from 0 to 24 with 5 slots reserved. I'm not sure why they aren't commented out but they don't impact the game even though a significant amount of girls share the same variable number. I.e. Cotton = 0 & Anvil = 0. Anyone else have input on this and whether peperoncino left the rest of his old files in the following game?
Yeah, I think they're legacy code, sloppy but not causing any problems because they aren't referenced by the rest of the game.

Depends what the variable is for and what it points to. Worst case it won't cause an error that breaks the game, but will just pick the first or last set of files that matches that variable assignment, so you wouldn't get unique content. Changing the variable you would also need to find where the variable is referenced in the code, which can be trickier but should be doable, and update it.

Jul 24, 2023
Alright, do y'all know if the scene files for the old girls are still in ill bornes folders? One of my main handicaps in this endeavor is my lack of knowledge on the Japanese language as well as the organization of his asset folders. If they are then things will be fairly simple in just calling up scene data. Otherwise I'd have to pull the data from the first game that you and Thai2410 posted.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Alright, do y'all know if the scene files for the old girls are still in ill bornes folders? One of my main handicaps in this endeavor is my lack of knowledge on the Japanese language as well as the organization of his asset folders. If they are then things will be fairly simple in just calling up scene data. Otherwise I'd have to pull the data from the first game that you and Thai2410 posted.
No, you'll need to copy over the scenario files from Goblin Burrow into I'llborne.

For organisation, it's actually not that important. KiriKiri doesn't need folders, they're only there for human readability. Images can go in any image folder, voice files in voice, scenes go in scenario, and all the system files related to Goblin Burrow are in system2 (system just has stuff needed for KiriKiri to function).

Jul 24, 2023
Much appreciated MuninKai, I'll go ahead and create a version where I merge the folders and work on inserting some of the original girls to the room on start to test scene calls and interactions. I'll let y'all know the results when i finish.

Jul 24, 2023
Does anyone perhaps know which file has to do with taking a seedbed after battle? I'm looking for how they add seed beds to the prison originally. Then I can go from there.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Does anyone perhaps know which file has to do with taking a seedbed after battle? I'm looking for how they add seed beds to the prison originally. Then I can go from there.
I think it would be system2/拠点関数.ks, since it has all the event triggers.

Jul 24, 2023
Alright so I've managed to put another girl in with cotton at the start. I originally started with anvil but her sprite in battle became cottons sprite. Also it seems that cottons opening scene has been swapped with Anvils. I tried swapping the second to Ilari but that had them show up as claire. I think the scenes from anvil must've overridden cotton's somehow as her scenes at the burrow are anvils now.

Jul 24, 2023
Update I figured out why this was the case and now I believe I can stack in girls from the old games into the new fights. Besides some issues with a transitional scene where anvil doesn't appear during her first pregnancy event and the sprite not quite matching up in the prison it is working. This games code is weirdly built.

Jul 24, 2023
So i've run into a weird conflict, seems that peperoncino named a bunch of his sprites for the girls in his game according to their appearance number. So some of the girls sprites from the first game would conflict if I dropped them into the image file of the second. Anyone know where the sprites are referenced for the characters so I can rewrite the old ones to represent their new position?

Jul 24, 2023
So I've got it all mostly sorted. The only thing i find that's not working properly is that the pregnancy announcement is not showing anvil or any others following mating. Any ideas why?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So I've got it all mostly sorted. The only thing i find that's not working properly is that the pregnancy announcement is not showing anvil or any others following mating. Any ideas why?
Wow, that was quick. Good job.

That is an interesting problem.

There are two possibilities. I think the most likely is that a lot of functions use a flag, CHR_HEROINE_END for cycling through all seedbeds in order to check their status. If you just uncommented out the Goblin Burrow seedbeds from the I'llborne variables, the original CHR_HEROINE_END would still be interrupting those formulas. If that is not the problem, it's likely a function in 拠点関数.ks though I am not sure which at this point.

I also noticed while I was doing a quick scan that you might also run into issues with the Seedbed List menu. No menu in KrKr draws dynamically (which is why overflows can be so destructive). You might need to edit that function as well, function drawHeroineList() in 拠点関数.ks.

Jul 24, 2023
Something to specify about the problem is that it'll play the scene text but won't show the girl during it. I'll look into what you suggested.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Something to specify about the problem is that it'll play the scene text but won't show the girl during it. I'll look into what you suggested.
Oh, that's a very different problem, I thought you meant the little alert texts. That's a mystery. The file naming system is unchanged, and if the files were missing I think it would cause an actual error. One thing you can check is the krkr.console.log file in your savedata folder. It might contain some hints about what it is trying and failing to load. If you have the gallery working, it is easiest to delete the log, start the game, and watch the scene in gallery mode, just so there's less clutter in it, but it might still work.

XSFract

May 13, 2022
can you hack like this with goblin burrow game
the thing is that i just freeze the action/turn point so that it doesn't decrease. After that i just refresh rituals to look for some ritual that needs items, so with that i just start looking for the stat value (i don't remember if it was 4byte or float) and once i got one stat address i just tried to give +/- C the address

Reactions: TuanCao

TuanCao

Mar 6, 2023
Jul 24, 2023
Oh, that's a very different problem, I thought you meant the little alert texts. That's a mystery. The file naming system is unchanged, and if the files were missing I think it would cause an actual error. One thing you can check is the krkr.console.log file in your savedata folder. It might contain some hints about what it is trying and failing to load. If you have the gallery working, it is easiest to delete the log, start the game, and watch the scene in gallery mode, just so there's less clutter in it, but it might still work.
So I did a bit of looking and it seems the png it calls for the scene is not the right one in the data folder. It calls st_001_03e which is the original file as per GB. I found that there is a file for anvil locally in Ill borne but opted to simply import the old images from the FGimage folder of GB to the ND folder in Ill borne. Now it all works. All i got to do now is write in where all the old girls will appear and everything in the campaign would be done. Not sure how to add them to the gallery though. Might mess around and add one or two of the old endings for fun.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So I did a bit of looking and it seems the png it calls for the scene is not the right one in the data folder. It calls st_001_03e which is the original file as per GB. I found that there is a file for anvil locally in Ill borne but opted to simply import the old images from the FGimage folder of GB to the ND folder in Ill borne. Now it all works. All i got to do now is write in where all the old girls will appear and everything in the campaign would be done. Not sure how to add them to the gallery though. Might mess around and add one or two of the old endings for fun.
The gallery is hardcoded, so you might need to do some real finessing. There should be code for how to create multiple pages that is used by the individual seedbed's gallery pages that you might be able to use for the gallery table of contents.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
Ok guys how did you win these battles? I'm at the point where this idol chick comes crashing into my dungeon with some adventurers and she keeps fucking buffing them, the previous guy was kinda tough but I managed him but this time it seems too much.

How did you guys go about managing your stuff?

3.40 star(s) 11 Votes