Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
alright, i played the first goblin burrow and the mtl was...not great, but understandable enough that i only contracted three hernias instead of the usual life threatening eight. how's the mtl in this one? because my hopes are high when i see the 'ENG' stamp on the main profile image.

• Haha
Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
alright, i played the first goblin burrow and the mtl was...not great, but understandable enough that i only contracted three hernias instead of the usual life threatening eight. how's the mtl in this one? because my hopes are high when i see the 'ENG' stamp on the main profile image.
I'llborne is a blend of MTL and fan translation. A majority of the text is fan translation, but there's still a lot of MTL. The MTL is MTL.

james_watcher

Oct 23, 2019
OK, so after searching this thread and finally figuring it out myself through a hint someone left, I'm hoping this particular post gets picked up by google and can help others with the same problem I had.

TO IMPORT SAVE FILE FROM GOBLIN BURROW TO GOBLIN BURROW: I'LL BORNE

1. Open Goblin Burrow (the first one)

2. From the main title screen, click "File" in the upper left, then click "Register Goblin Burrow"

3. Your game may spit out Japanese here even if you have the english version, this is fine. Just keep clicking through, and when a selection box pops up, pick the top option.

4. Once you've gotten back to the title screen, you can now close Goblin Burrow 1.

5. Open Goblin Burrow: I'll borne, and start a new game. The game should now ask if you would like to import your Goblin Burrow save.

And now you have the most overpowered start to the game you can.

james_watcher

Oct 23, 2019
So I'm back in here again because I found an exploit. Not a very big one, but one that can help people who are going through the game normally like me.

So the sacrificial ritual has a button that is "replace all the content of the ritual" that costs an energy to switch out, in case you need to sacrifice a bunch of goblins but didn't get a good roll.

However, I've found that the autosave saves after you've gone through all the cutscenes for the day, but *before* the sacrificial ritual is rolled. Meaning that if you reload that day's autosave, you'll get a brand new set of rituals at no cost to you.

As an aside as well, I feel like the english translation patch needs a once-over. I know it's mostly machine translation, however there's a couple of text boxes that are just "Timed out", indicating that whatever machine they were using to translate the game gave up.

Also this, presented in full context:

Pakistan.png

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
This game is one of the best h games out there but its design feels so stupid and they haven't changed it at all even though there are 3 "different" games. There is an insane amount of dialogue for breeding which may seem like a good thing until you realize that it doesn't make sense to breed certain goblins depending on what your captive girl specializes in or else you will cloud up the gene pool with bad genes. with each captive, it usually only really makes sense to breed them with like 2 different types of goblins making paragraphs of dialogue written out for them effectively pointless. This also makes it much harder to have an actual translation with a decensor like Welcome to the Adventurers In even though it's one of the most sold games on dlsite. It's also a shameless reskin of the previous game with more girls and no new mechanics or goblins. (if you ask me the goblins themselves could stand to have a redesign but that's just me) The breeding system is just way too draconian and if they want the dialogue that they've obviously spent a lot of time on to be seen they need to figure out how to make it to where it doesn't harm you in the long run to breed any captive with any goblin.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This game is one of the best h games out there but its design feels so stupid and they haven't changed it at all even though there are 3 "different" games. There is an insane amount of dialogue for breeding which may seem like a good thing until you realize that it doesn't make sense to breed certain goblins depending on what your captive girl specializes in or else you will cloud up the gene pool with bad genes. with each captive, it usually only really makes sense to breed them with like 2 different types of goblins making paragraphs of dialogue written out for them effectively pointless. This also makes it much harder to have an actual translation with a decensor like Welcome to the Adventurers In even though it's one of the most sold games on dlsite. It's also a shameless reskin of the previous game with more girls and no new mechanics or goblins. (if you ask me the goblins themselves could stand to have a redesign but that's just me) The breeding system is just way too draconian and if they want the dialogue that they've obviously spent a lot of time on to be seen they need to figure out how to make it to where it doesn't harm you in the long run to breed any captive with any goblin.
I'm not sure how much of real life logic could apply here. Like first of all, the goblins are a completely separate species on its own, but is capable of breeding with a variety of other humanoid females that will only result in the birth of more true goblinoids rather than hybrids. As far as I know, that isn't possible in real life. Secondly, it's already established in-universe (through alchemist girl) that goblins have an inherent magical ability to assimilate flesh, which is how she thinks they're capable of breeding so easily with other species. Taking these points together, you could interpret this to mean that goblin reproduction largely involves magical mechanisms that exist to bypass natural reproductive limitations. Something like genetic defect from inbreeding could very well have been filtered out in the process of assimilating the mother's traits. Plus, if I'm remembering right, they're not naturally occurring creatures born from evolution. They're biological weapons made by an evil god. They don't necessarily play by the rules of nature.

OgreIt

Oct 13, 2021
There is an insane amount of dialogue for breeding
In addition to your points, the insanity system works against it, too. The girls tend to have thresholds that don't neatly fit with the amount of dialogue for each state, so you'll end up with a girl needing, say, five breedings to reach her obey sanity state but goblins each have three resisting state dialogues. This means that without save scumming, you'll unlock resist 1, 2, and 3 for one girl and goblin pairing, but have to play the game again to get the third resist scene for the second goblin you paired with her, and that's if you even understand how the scenes work in the first place.

I actually unlocked every scene and the amount of grinding and save scumming was ludicrous. I wasn't even reading anything. It's all just ultimately padding because dialogue is cheaper than cgs. A better game would have one story for each girl and unique cgs for each combination. Then you'd unlock everything after breeding each girl once with each goblin.

The breeding system is just way too draconian and if they want the dialogue that they've obviously spent a lot of time on to be seen they need to figure out how to make it to where it doesn't harm you in the long run to breed any captive with any goblin.
Technically, you're not harming your line by breeding goblins with any of the captives since they only inherit skills for, I think, 10 generations before they forget them, but breeding is too rng heavy in the first place.

Each goblin type should have a guaranteed chance of producing 1 of the same type every time they breed. This would make it easier to breed separate lines for the stats they want.

There should also be a way to guarantee you get the correct skills you want. As things are now, the best way is to breed them, save to a spare file, and jump forward two days to see if you got what you wanted.

superman222

Oct 6, 2022
For local emulator use this

Download the zip file from the link, extract them to a folder, run the LEInstaller.exe, press install for all users.

Now find the VN's exe file, right click, and there should be a new menu called locale emulator -> run in Japanese.

Arrascaeta

Oct 29, 2018
so apparently one of my goblins just randomly drowns the entire next and kills everyone, how do i avoid that?

3.40 star(s) 11 Votes