Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
True. Had that happen to me once. Also for a new game+ file, I wasn't able to ending 5. Started a new game and managed to get the ending by leting Asteria escape(wasn't aware that was a possiblity before). By capturing Asteria, semms like it locks out some of the endings.
Can anyone explain the escaping part and how to avoid it?

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
Can anyone explain the escaping part and how to avoid it?
Not really "escape" but it happens when she attacks, and while you can't defeat her, you manage to survive for 10 rounds. the battle will be a draw and she retreats.
This happens for other girls, too. But in their case, they can attack again later. In Asteria's case, she appears so late into the game that if you missed her, she won't appear again.

Reactions: Yamemai

Anonymous88

Jun 26, 2017
So, looking through the code, it looks like goblins inherit one tenth of the stats their parent gained through items. I'm not sure if I was reading the code correctly, but that would mean you would have to increase a goblin's stat by at least 10 for it to affect its offspring.
The question is, does the code accept decimals, or does it round down to the nearest whole number? If it doesn't actually round down, then item stats would eventually accumulate into a small inheritance later on in the genealogy.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So, looking through the code, it looks like goblins inherit one tenth of the stats their parent gained through items. I'm not sure if I was reading the code correctly, but that would mean you would have to increase a goblin's stat by at least 10 for it to affect its offspring.
The question is, does the code accept decimals, or does it round down to the nearest whole number? If it doesn't actually round down, then item stats would eventually accumulate into a small inheritance later on in the genealogy.
Yeah, I couldn't figure it out exactly. As to the decimals, depends on how they wrote the code, but generally any arithmetic in a coding language follows regular math rules of rounding. It also depends on how it's stored. IIRC the sum total of all item growth is kept, so it doesn't matter how the rounding works except at the final calculation. If you add 3 HP to every generation, then after 10 generations you'd have 30HP/10 = 3HP, and after 11 33HP/10 = 3HP for example.

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
Yeah, I couldn't figure it out exactly. As to the decimals, depends on how they wrote the code, but generally any arithmetic in a coding language follows regular math rules of rounding. It also depends on how it's stored. IIRC the sum total of all item growth is kept, so it doesn't matter how the rounding works except at the final calculation. If you add 3 HP to every generation, then after 10 generations you'd have 30HP/10 = 3HP, and after 11 33HP/10 = 3HP for example.
Yeah, it is explained so in the Kitchen menu (when you mouse over the ? icon) Sadly that part hasn't been translated. A lot of important gameplay information is taken from those menus, so them not being translated really confuses the game.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
My strategy is mainly to grind in the Tower and breed inferior goblins in large numbers with weak-skilled girls to increase the number for a training session so feeding is not really useful to me. Does anyone else have a better plan?

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
Earlier in this forum someone explained how the breeding mechanic works and it's complicated but basically among the babies there's a high chance that there is one of the same race as the father and the rest are inferior (green) goblins and a low chance of getting superior goblins. So yes, you can but it depends on luck (which is the same as girls with skills) and your understanding of coding. In the game there's a pdf file explaining all of this with numbers.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah, it is explained so in the Kitchen menu (when you mouse over the ? icon) Sadly that part hasn't been translated. A lot of important gameplay information is taken from those menus, so them not being translated really confuses the game.
Yeah, it really sucks that the file it draws from is such garbage. If it was possible to extract the text and reliably change it I'd have translated it. I have about 30 copies of that file as backups because any change always risks permanently breaking it and the text is complete garbage. I should translate them and include them in the PDF though. Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.

My strategy is mainly to grind in the Tower and breed inferior goblins in large numbers with weak-skilled girls to increase the number for a training session so feeding is not really useful to me. Does anyone else have a better plan?
The issue with breeding large numbers is that skill inheritance works similarly to stat inheritance. Every time you breed a skill it gets added to a list. When deciding a skill a random skill from the list is picked. By breeding lots of weak spells into your lineage it will be harder to get good spells because of dilution. That's not the end of the world though, and generally no, feeding is not necessary. Especially because to get good returns requires a lot of high tier items, which means a lot grinding, which requires a lot of breeding. It's at best an accelerant.

Can you evolve advanced goblins without any skills with the No Skill Girls?
In theory, but it would be quite a handicap. You would need to never breed any girl with a skill into that lineage (see other reply). If you kept a Gen 1 Goblin around and managed to keep its progeny separate from any others you breed you could maybe do it in a playable way.

Anonymous88

Jun 26, 2017
I have here a file in which I translated all the in-game help text, as well as some other minor text. Just plop it in the directory, it should overwrite a single file, and voila.

Something I noticed, that I have changed in the help text but left alone in the Meat Bed Review menu in case MuninKai had reasons I don't know of for doing so, is the progression of a girl's state:

The original is 『拒絶』→『恭順』→『淫乱』.
  • MuninKai translated that as 『Resisting』→『Defeated』→『Meat Toilet』,
  • But I think: 『Defiant』→『Obedient』→『Lewd』 is more fitting, especially after looking up each word in the dictionary. I really don't care about resisting vs defiant, but I couldn't find how 恭順 became "defeated", and 淫乱 just means laviscious (though I kinda think "Meat Toilet" is more fitting for that one, contextually)
I would like to hear what others think, especially MuninKai's thoughts. If I'm completely wrong about that, I'd like to hear that too, since then I'd finally have a reason not to get bothered by it.

Anonymous88

Jun 26, 2017
In theory, but it would be quite a handicap. You would need to never breed any girl with a skill into that lineage (see other reply). If you kept a Gen 1 Goblin around and managed to keep its progeny separate from any others you breed you could maybe do it in a playable way.
Favoriting a goblin apparently prevents it from getting added to pack units, so I've had a single lineage of favorited Goblins with no skills. I'm fairly fresh into it, maybe Gen 30? Whenever I need a high-stats Goblin with new skills, I breed it with one of three favorited Goblins I have (A blank Mage, Paladin and Lord from the latest generation they bred into) I just make sure to unfavorite obsolete goblins, and that way I can power through generations quite easily.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I have here a file in which I translated all the in-game help text, as well as some other minor text. Just plop it in the directory, it should overwrite a single file, and voila.

Something I noticed, that I have changed in the help text but left alone in the Meat Bed Review menu in case MuninKai had reasons I don't know of for doing so, is the progression of a girl's state:

The original is 『拒絶』→『恭順』→『淫乱』.
  • MuninKai translated that as 『Resisting』→『Defeated』→『Meat Toilet』,
  • But I think: 『Defiant』→『Obedient』→『Lewd』 is more fitting, especially after looking up each word in the dictionary. I really don't care about resisting vs defiant, but I couldn't find how 恭順 became "defeated", and 淫乱 just means laviscious (though I kinda think "Meat Toilet" is more fitting for that one, contextually)
I would like to hear what others think, especially MuninKai's thoughts. If I'm completely wrong about that, I'd like to hear that too, since then I'd finally have a reason not to get bothered by it.
Damn, thanks for helping me figure out what I did wrong with that file. Got nearly everything else and checked a bunch of other things. Did some updates, and I'm now confident the only untranslated portions are for Online play which is not in my scope. Will add it to the general patch shortly.

And yeah, I'm a proponent of contextual over literal translation, so I took some liberties where I thought they added to the experience. All of the stage names were completely changed to make them more intuitive for example, and I also took some liberties with the spells, threw some Easter eggs into the enemy troop names, and changed some in-game dialogue options.

Not a bad idea either with the blank ones. It would be an interesting challenge to keep an unskilled line all the way through just to get 100% chance of Thunderhawk Shamans and Champs for maximum cheesing.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

As mentioned in the last little section, some new bits have been translated, but there's also an extra bonus. Thai2410 has been hard at work editing the translations for Asteria, so those are also included in the latest update.

Same link as usual.

CHANGELOG
v.20210115
- Translated Help Text (thanks Anonymous88)
- Asteria H-scenes are no longer MTL (thanks Thai2410)

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
TRANSLATION UPDATE

As mentioned in the last little section, some new bits have been translated, but there's also an extra bonus. Thai2410 has been hard at work editing the translations for Asteria, so those are also included in the latest update.

Same link as usual.

CHANGELOG
v.20210115
- Translated Help Text (thanks Anonymous88)
- Asteria H-scenes are no longer MTL (thanks Thai2410)
I forgot to mentioned. I didn't translate the low sanity and suicide event. However, they are short and understandable on their own so shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: GEORGEM

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I forgot to mentioned. I didn't translate the low sanity and suicide event. However, they are short and understandable on their own so shouldn't be an issue.
If anyone kills Asteria they should be punished with terrible MTL. Need to breed that spell in.

Anonymous88

Jun 26, 2017
Not a bad idea either with the blank ones. It would be an interesting challenge to keep an unskilled line all the way through just to get 100% chance of Thunderhawk Shamans and Champs for maximum cheesing.
After a while, I found that focusing on a single lineage, and only branching out when I specifically need a certain magic combination, actually led to better stats for my goblins overall.

Apparently, having a lineage solely focused on power-leveling stats really helped improve overall Goblin quality.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here, but the Tower gives permanent stat boosts on the first clear for every 10 levels, and that clear resets every run, so I've been able to farm permanent stats by going through the first 20-30 levels and then go for the Sayuki + Hibiki ending to avoid a defense wipeout (imo, that's the easiest ending to get without having to go through Zoe). I've got +6-8 stats for everything from that alone (although this is only good early/mid game, since I'm reaching the limit of the lower-level magic).

As a side note, is anyone else having trouble getting CMD from the Adventure Tower? Or is it perhaps only given from clearing the upper floors?

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
After a while, I found that focusing on a single lineage, and only branching out when I specifically need a certain magic combination, actually led to better stats for my goblins overall.

Apparently, having a lineage solely focused on power-leveling stats really helped improve overall Goblin quality.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here, but the Tower gives permanent stat boosts on the first clear for every 10 levels, and that clear resets every run, so I've been able to farm permanent stats by going through the first 20-30 levels and then go for the Sayuki + Hibiki ending to avoid a defense wipeout (imo, that's the easiest ending to get without having to go through Zoe). I've got +6-8 stats for everything from that alone (although this is only good early/mid game, since I'm reaching the limit of the lower-level magic).

As a side note, is anyone else having trouble getting CMD from the Adventure Tower? Or is it perhaps only given from clearing the upper floors?
I would like to add that clearing the last tower level (lvl. 100, the boss is a weaker version of Asteria) you can have Holywoman Meat x1, Virgin Meat x1, Noblewoman Meat x1 and all of your girls (currently captured) get +10 SAN

I don't think you can get CMD from Tower. Your goblins also get CMD inherited randomly (I have seen a brood with 2 paladins or 2 lords have very different CMD, it could be up to dozen points different despite having the same parents) It is also, by far, the most confusing stat and I have seen people say it is bad in many cases.

What my experience with CMD is, it allows your Alpha goblin to lead more pack goblins, and therefore better stats. However, due to how dmg works in this game, a 10 dmg attack equals 10 pack goblins die, it could be extremely dangerous to have high CMD because it will burns through your goblins, especially when higher levels tend to wipe out your entire pack with one hit if your DEF is not high enough. No matter it is the lowly trash goblins or the almighty Paladin with 50HP and 70DEF, they all die to 1 point of dmg if they are in a pack.

Edit: I was wrong. There is a CMD buff on every 10 floors, 30 and above.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes