FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Is there a way to manually delete skills from the skill bank of an individual goblin?
Nope. As some people have mentioned, best thing you can do is save some tier 1 gobs and wait until you have seedbeds with no skills, then start breeding them them together. You'll have a goblin line that has no skills on them and you can give them skills as needed. I always make a Champion line with those no skill gobs. I also usually skip over the heal skill for my Shaman line. It sucks dumping the tier 2-4 gobs you created with Anvil to advance to the point where you get a no skill seedbed, but it saves you a lot of trouble later on when you're trying to breed Shamans with higher level attacks to not constantly have them overridden by the basic heal.

The magic line kinda gets fucked with that because they need some damage abilities to function but those need to be replaced with higher level versions. It's pretty hard to avoid having trouble with them later, that's why I really try to avoid having any useless skills on them.

Last edited:

Vala10

Aug 27, 2019
I'm honestly amazed how passionate people in this thread get about selective breeding, which is a topic most normal people wouldn't even know about. More so when it's crossbreeding between human girls and goblins

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
What I do with breeding for skills is that mark 2 "pure boi" at the start of the game. Some will continue to breed with Jada and Anvil for the starting skills (tips: at the beginning of turn 2, after the tutorial you can already go for Jada with only gen 1 trash goblins, just focus the vigilante first, use defend when your front line doesn't have pack unit left) Wait for Anvil give birth and then use those offspring of hers to breed with Jada. If everything goes correct, you should have gen 3 goblins equipped with 2 skills. Use them to breed with Anvil only, since she gives magic stat buff and has larger brood size. If you're lucky, you can get a few hobs or even shamans. Put two hobs in the front line and using the healing skill and you will be strong enough to clear the two stages after Village (the girls from those stages give trash skills so don't even care unless you're going for endings) Since you will be breeding Anvil and get MGC stat from her, you don't need to feed the offsprings.

Until Illari appears (which should be turn 7), use the marked "pure boi" to breed with her. Feed and mark her offsprings (at least 2 of them) and unmark the previous "pure boi" and keep breeding up. They will be one or two gen lag behind, but that's fine, since it won't make much difference.

Here is when things get a little tricky. You don't want to mix up your pure boi and your diluted boi. If you follow above steps, then only the pure boi is marked. Which is what you want. But if you use both pure boi and diluted boi to breed in a same turn, then their offspring might get mix up, so avoid doing that. And always, always remember to mark new pure boi when they are born.

Tl;dr: Only feed and mark "pure boi" Don't breed pure boi and diluted boi in the same turn.

I feel like I might even write a complete guide on goblin breeding for this lol.

MarkChaser

Aug 26, 2020
Does anyone have the issue of the game just randomly autoclicking on its own? Here's vid of mine:

Note the only time I clicked anywhere was the gallery and game start, then alt f4 when the base tutorial came up.

Anonymous88

Jun 26, 2017
Unless you know enough about the programming language to decode the save files and manually edit them, no.
That is true, but since you already extracted the data files, it is technically possible to modify the breeding code to give a random chance for a goblin to not inherit skills its parent did not actively gain.

Difficult, yes. Confusing as hell, yes. But possible.

However, due to how dmg works in this game, a 10 dmg attack equals 10 pack goblins die, it could be extremely dangerous to have high CMD because it will burns through your goblins, especially when higher levels tend to wipe out your entire pack with one hit if your DEF is not high enough. No matter it is the lowly trash goblins or the almighty Paladin with 50HP and 70DEF, they all die to 1 point of dmg if they are in a pack.
Edit: I was wrong. There is a CMD buff on every 10 floors, 30 and above.
That's true, but you can easily get around losing all your goblins by switching to Hobgoblin pack. They're smaller in number, and at least for me they're basically unused except for breeding (since they have a slightly higher chance for higher tier species and also show inherited magic).
Favorited gobs won't be used in packs, so you can also just favorite the gobs you like and they won't disappear.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
That is true, but since you already extracted the data files, it is technically possible to modify the breeding code to give a random chance for a goblin to not inherit skills its parent did not actively gain.

Difficult, yes. Confusing as hell, yes. But possible.
Yeah, making changes to the goblin generating code is possible. You would need some kind of storage though, otherwise your goblins would only ever have 1 directly inherited skill. Two methods jump out as being pretty easy to code: set a max length to the skill inheritance list and have new skills then overwrite old ones; or never add duplicates to the list. The first allows for almost guaranteed hits of high-tier spells without too much effort. The latter basically caps your chances at 1/20, rather than an x/n chance of getting it. Either would allow the breeding of low-tier seedbeds without too much concern for their dilution effect.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
Yeah, making changes to the goblin generating code is possible. You would need some kind of storage though, otherwise your goblins would only ever have 1 directly inherited skill. Two methods jump out as being pretty easy to code: set a max length to the skill inheritance list and have new skills then overwrite old ones; or never add duplicates to the list. The first allows for almost guaranteed hits of high-tier spells without too much effort. The latter basically caps your chances at 1/20, rather than an x/n chance of getting it. Either would allow the breeding of low-tier seedbeds without too much concern for their dilution effect.
Is it right to assume the system chooses from a list of skills and a new skill is added in the list of the new goblin and it doesn't remove the same skills that are already there, possibly creating many duplications which would increase the chance of getting the skill? If so, will removing a few lines from the code be enough to delete the skills?
Are there even any skills in the list of champions?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is it right to assume the system chooses from a list of skills and a new skill is added in the list of the new goblin and it doesn't remove the same skills that are already there, possibly creating many duplications which would increase the chance of getting the skill? If so, will removing a few lines from the code be enough to delete the skills?
Are there even any skills in the list of champions?
First question, yes. The game stores all inherited skills in a list for every goblin. Every time you breed a seedbed with a skill it gets added to the list. When making a baby goblin with spells, it chooses a random skill from the list of possibilities. The more times you breed a seedbed into a lineage, the more likely the skill pops up, with chances of x/n where x is number of times that skill has been bred and n is the total number of times any skills has been bred.

As to changing the code, that data is saved for each individual goblin in the save file. I have not looked into editing the save files as I have no interest in making a cheat engine for the game. So I don't know. The solutions I posted earlier would be changing the game code to change the behaviour of the game when it creates goblins, rather than trying to edit a particular lineage.

List of champions? Goblins have no native skills, all of them are from breeding.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
First question, yes. The game stores all inherited skills in a list for every goblin. Every time you breed a seedbed with a skill it gets added to the list. When making a baby goblin with spells, it chooses a random skill from the list of possibilities. The more times you breed a seedbed into a lineage, the more likely the skill pops up, with chances of x/n where x is number of times that skill has been bred and n is the total number of times any skills has been bred.

As to changing the code, that data is saved for each individual goblin in the save file. I have not looked into editing the save files as I have no interest in making a cheat engine for the game. So I don't know. The solutions I posted earlier would be changing the game code to change the behaviour of the game when it creates goblins, rather than trying to edit a particular lineage.

List of champions? Goblins have no native skills, all of them are from breeding.
By the champions, I mean do they even have the parent's skill added to their list because, let's see, what can they even do with it?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
By the champions, I mean do they even have the parent's skill added to their list because, let's see, what can they even do with it?
Well, they can do their most important job with it, pass it on to a new generation of goblins! Even goblins who can't use skills inherit the same list of skills from their goblin parent plus the new skill from the meatbed parent even if they can't use them.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
The game have a new dlc
Should already be in the download. Can get the ginger/redhead on turn 14, and she's really useful for your MGC line.

After a while, I found that focusing on a single lineage, and only branching out when I specifically need a certain magic combination, actually led to better stats for my goblins overall.

Apparently, having a lineage solely focused on power-leveling stats really helped improve overall Goblin quality.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here, but the Tower gives permanent stat boosts on the first clear for every 10 levels, and that clear resets every run, so I've been able to farm permanent stats by going through the first 20-30 levels and then go for the Sayuki + Hibiki ending to avoid a defense wipeout (imo, that's the easiest ending to get without having to go through Zoe). I've got +6-8 stats for everything from that alone (although this is only good early/mid game, since I'm reaching the limit of the lower-level magic).

As a side note, is anyone else having trouble getting CMD from the Adventure Tower? Or is it perhaps only given from clearing the upper floors?
Edit: I was wrong. There is a CMD buff on every 10 floors, 30 and above.
The stats from tower are random, imo; I got a +1 CMD after clearing the floor 10 on a new game. Useful, but too much CMD is annoying (kills my fodder too quickly).

And as Thai mentioned, plus I personally believe, it's better to go through the game first. Both the tower and game are easy enough to clear, if you can get a good line going, and higher levels give better foodstuff. I didn't have much trouble with any of the gals, besides Asteria, while starting fresh, and it was thanks to the tower and planning the line. Some advice:
1. Retreating can be useful; and allow you to slowly pick off the heroine group.
2. It's better to take it slow at the start, to build up some fodder gobs.
3. The other goblin types give different bonuses (With the Tower one being really useful). Not sure what they all give, but goblins allow you to loot, and the tower ones increase Atk or Mgc.

PS. The first page, linked walkthrough should really be updated; imo, it's better to farm tower, once you get some units better than green goblins. Even starting out, you can clear a couple levels there, which will give you more food.

Edit: Huh, seems you don't need to NG+ to be Asteria; just needa focus the stats and continue feeding. Though, guess that's why challenge mode exists, but it's till hard due to no Tower to farm food.

Last edited:

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
Well, they can do their most important job with it, pass it on to a new generation of goblins! Even goblins who can't use skills inherit the same list of skills from their goblin parent plus the new skill from the meatbed parent even if they can't use them.
The problem here is there's a high chance they'll just give birth to even MORE champions.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
The ones which truly matter are Chiefs and Paladins tho.
Shamans are the only unit you need to beat the game even at max difficulty. Even with high CMD, Chiefs just can't output the magic damage a Shaman can. Paladins have miserable magic stats, they're really only useful as meat shields or clerics. Also the most important thing any goblin does is make more goblins.

Reactions: Yamemai

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
I also want to add one of my personal favorite strat to deal with higher-level stages, called "kamikaze gobbos." One of the few things people may not notice is that battles don't need to be finished in one assault. How much dmg you dealt to the enemy will stay the same until the next assault (unless your next assault is too long, then the enemy will heal up) so it is possible to send multiple waves of goblintide on the enemies instead of one single decisive attack (which, is completely lore friendly)
My strat involves using low gen hobgoblins (and shamans if you have them), equip them with Vivian's Wrath and suiciding them into the enemies, soften their unit before sending the real squad. Spam 4 Wraths on the enemy, then tries retreating. Because the hobs have miserable CMD, they will only bring 1 or 2 goblins, so they can tank the first attacks with minimal loss, no matter how strong the attacks are (eg. enemy hit them with 30 dmg attack, they only lose their 1 pack goblin), and will only die if being focused. Chances are only 1 or 2 hobs survive the attack, but that's what they're supposed to do.

The meta in this game is AoE magic spam, and surprisingly the hobs use magic attacks better than Paladins, so the moment you get Vivian, you're supposed to breed her as much as possible (until you get Rikka) and thus will have quite a lot hobs with Wrath on hand.

Reactions: Yamemai
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes