mellowfellow

Jun 23, 2018
Lol on another note I purchased the game and all the dlc on DLSITE cause I want to support the creators. My question is does the download here have a better translation than the default eng dlsite one?
DLsite has an english translation for the game now?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Lol on another note I purchased the game and all the dlc on DLSITE cause I want to support the creators. My question is does the download here have a better translation than the default eng dlsite one?
There is no official translation yet. It was announced as being in the works last week though.

Nope, definitely not. The properly translated parts might be better because a whole community has translated it but the other parts are MTL gibberish.
On another note, there's a small mod in the game here that allows players to see the SAN reduced, the number of matings done to each girl and the lewd depictions in theỉ Defeated and Lewd states. That makes management easier and gives the game a lewder vibe.
I think either waiting for this feature to be separated in a mod or waiting for the community to replace the lines will probably give you the best experience.
Is there a demand for that feature to be separated out as a mod for JPN? It's probably pretty easy to setup now that I have a better understanding of KiriKiri games. The only thing I might need to fiddle with is just that there is no JPN lewdjob since I made those up.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
There is no official translation yet. It was announced as being in the works last week though.

Is there a demand for that feature to be separated out as a mod for JPN? It's probably pretty easy to setup now that I have a better understanding of KiriKiri games. The only thing I might need to fiddle with is just that there is no JPN lewdjob since I made those up.
I don't know. Maybe a public vote? I believe that feature is available here.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Usefulness of Magic in regular play caps at around 150. A Shaman with Thunderhawk and 150 Magic can defend the burrow against all attacks, and wipe all offensive encounters. DEF never appreciates in value, because end game team comp should be a Thunderhawk Chief and Thunderhawk Shaman backline with a front line that only loots. Getting to a team that wipes all enemies without any possibility of retaliation is the goal, and DEF does not help that, nor does ATK. The strongest defense is a one-turn clear offense. CMD is always beneficial because pack units add their stats to the overall magic strength. End game comps again won't lose any units, so high CMD is only ever a perk.
Just a heads up, I noticed that parts of goblin shaman+Chloe's (brown-haired thief) dialogue is untranslated

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Just a heads up, I noticed that parts of goblin shaman+Chloe's (brown-haired thief) dialogue is untranslated
Huh, the devs used a different bracket just for Chloe's Shaman dialogue than they did in every other character's dialogue. I also included some minor fixes to the game based on chats in the thread, including figuring out how to fully implement the Sanity until Lewd counter in the Seedbed info menu.

CHANGELOG
v.20210203
- Fixed some untranslated lines in Chloe's Shaman scenes
- Minor fixes to GoblinBurrowValues.pdf
- Changed SAN Consumed to SAN Until Lewd in Seedbed info menu, no longer need to cross-reference GoblinBurrowValues to see how much sanity remains until Lewd

Zack97

Feb 20, 2018
Appearance Sophie the dialogue didn't translate
Anvil - Hobgoblin(Resist) 1 name for hobgoblin not translate
Jada Appearance I think it the villager name not translate

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I think the multilingual version was released already btw. It says there was a correction to it yesterday as well. The translation is a bit unclear though, so I'm not sure if it's the final version. Not sure if it's all the DLCs too or just the base game. ENG Dlsite hasn't updated the correction yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anybody know how good it is?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Appearance Sophie the dialogue didn't translate
Anvil - Hobgoblin(Resist) 1 name for hobgoblin not translate
Jada Appearance I think it the villager name not translate
Just the last line of Sophie? I'm checking the files and her appearance events are all translated except one line.

Weird the names didn't translate, thought I caught all of those. Probably caught them on one list but not the others.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I think the multilingual version was released already btw. It says there was a correction to it yesterday as well. The translation is a bit unclear though, so I'm not sure if it's the final version. Not sure if it's all the DLCs too or just the base game. ENG Dlsite hasn't updated the correction yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anybody know how good it is?
Just downloaded from the English DLSite where I purchased it and there is no multilingual support on the version I downloaded, so not sure if it's actually released.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020

v.20210205
- Fixed missing line in Sophie's appearance
- Fixed missing speakers in a few scenes

Reactions: LancerZero

jokuur

May 23, 2019
Asteria only comes if you have the second DLC installed, and, as i understand, only after you capture Patricia. Maybe you also need to be on some higher difficulty New Game+ for her to come, not sure
i did capture patricia but she didnt come out, she come out when i nasty state alda, however patricia can also be requirement

Zack97

Feb 20, 2018
Just the last line of Sophie? I'm checking the files and her appearance events are all translated except one line.

Weird the names didn't translate, thought I caught all of those. Probably caught them on one list but not the others.
Yup for anvil half first dialogue hobgoblin name were translate but then i saw other half didn't not until the dialogue end for Hobgoblin (Resist) 1
And for Jada appearance at village for villager A ,B and C not translate

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yup for anvil half first dialogue hobgoblin name were translate but then i saw other half didn't not until the dialogue end for Hobgoblin (Resist) 1
And for Jada appearance at village for villager A ,B and C not translate
Perfect, fixed all those in the latest patch.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
I love the premise of this game but wow the gameplay is absolutely awful.

Why is it that enemies sometimes damage me when I attack them? Why can I sometimes select the attack button but other times I can't (seen in attachment)? Why is it that sometimes when I attack, I do 1 damage, no matter what type of unit I attack with, but other times the same unit will do a lot more damage, despite the enemy not even blocking? Managing massive amounts of goblins and manually placing them into units is a chore. Keeping track of generations for breeding is ridiculous, it should just automatically pick the best possible. Why is that when I'm assembling a team, it doesn't tell me what's currently already assigned when selecting a unit? I keep accidentally adding the same unit to different spots and accomplishing nothing.

Keeping track of food and feeding for seedbeds and new generations of goblins is a chore. Then to add insult to injury, the core game has a limited time period, and it's not even a long amount of time, so you feel rushed and like everything you do is wrong. I think the developers overthought this one a little. It's very rough around the edges. Everything about it is good other than the actual gameplay itself. I can't even find a cheat engine table for it either to actually make it playable. Disappointing.

Edit: According to a camera translation, the attachment says "Cannot be selected because of insufficient range." Again, what does that mean exactly? The game does a poor job at explaining anything. Why is there a range in the first place? Why doesn't it tell me about that when I'm assembling the team? I guess there's two front rows and two back rows. The menus and all the visuals do hardly anything at all to portray that. I guess the ogre has to be in a front row?

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019

Why is it that enemies sometimes damage me when I attack them? Why can I sometimes select the attack button but other times I can't (seen in attachment)? Why is it that sometimes when I attack, I do 1 damage, no matter what type of unit I attack with, but other times the same unit will do a lot more damage, despite the enemy not even blocking? Managing massive amounts of goblins and manually placing them into units is a chore. Keeping track of generations for breeding is ridiculous, it should just automatically pick the best possible. Keeping track of food and feeding for seedbeds and new generations of goblins is a chore. Then to add insult to injury, the core game has a limited time period, and it's not even a long amount of time, so you feel rushed and like everything you do is wrong. I think the developers overthought this one a little. It's very rough around the edges. Everything about it is good other than the actual gameplay itself. I can't even find a cheat engine table for it either to actually make it playable. Disappointing.

Edit: According to a camera translation, the attachment says "Cannot be selected because of insufficient range." Again, what does that mean exactly? The game does a poor job at explaining anything. Why is there a range in the first place? Why doesn't it tell me about that when I'm assembling the team? I guess there's two front rows and two back rows. The menus and all the visuals do hardly anything at all to portray that. I guess the ogre has to be in a front row?
Most of this comes with an SRPG/games like this so seems pretty normal. Melee units can usually only attack 1 row in front (unless spears or something alike), managing things etc. An example would be like Sengoku Rance with taking damage when attacked (unless bow VS melee unit or something), managing moves to not die, managing time so things don't take longer, placing units being important, food would just be keeping gold to heal troops then some other random things

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020

Why is it that enemies sometimes damage me when I attack them? Why can I sometimes select the attack button but other times I can't (seen in attachment)? Why is it that sometimes when I attack, I do 1 damage, no matter what type of unit I attack with, but other times the same unit will do a lot more damage, despite the enemy not even blocking? Managing massive amounts of goblins and manually placing them into units is a chore. Keeping track of generations for breeding is ridiculous, it should just automatically pick the best possible. Why is that when I'm assembling a team, it doesn't tell me what's currently already assigned when selecting a unit? I keep accidentally adding the same unit to different spots and accomplishing nothing.

Keeping track of food and feeding for seedbeds and new generations of goblins is a chore. Then to add insult to injury, the core game has a limited time period, and it's not even a long amount of time, so you feel rushed and like everything you do is wrong. I think the developers overthought this one a little. It's very rough around the edges. Everything about it is good other than the actual gameplay itself. I can't even find a cheat engine table for it either to actually make it playable. Disappointing.

Combat has two layers, alpha units and pack units. All pack units have to be killed before you can attack the alpha units, this is why sometimes your damage is very small, but is represented on the screen by sprites, and the info is on the enemy unit cards.

'Best' unit is actually quite complicated, and open to many different play styles.

There is a sort button for generations.

Management games all work like this. What is the 'premise' of the game you like when you seem to hate every part of the game?

Thanks for finding an untranslated line. I'll try to figure out where that is for a future patch if the official ENG release isn't out soon.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019

A lot of your complaints are explained in game, or are normally so easy to understand that it shouldn't need to be explained to anybody even remotely familiar with these types of games. I don't know how to say that politely, lol. People not understanding the breeding mechanics I could agree on, that's something that can fuck you over and it's never really explained in full.

Enemies sometimes attack you when you attack them because it has a battle system like that. Attacks are countered as long as the receiving end is still alive. It's turn based but acts like the attack is happening in real time, where the enemy would have time to respond/counter. This is pretty common. Melee units also can't counter back row units.

Range as mentioned is shown in the goblin tooltip.

Has to do with if your supports are still alive on your lead goblin or not. They count for a lot of your damage. Once they die, your damage drops significantly.

Managing gobs is pretty easy, I don't know what to say here. Mostly you keep normal gobs as supports and you swap your best gobs into your lead slots.

Breeding is a main component of this game, automatically picking the best option would take away from the options/versatility this game allows and requires. There are reasons not to always put your absolutely best units in certain slots (Because they can die). There are reasons to not always breed your strongest gobs (They can inherit skills you don't want them to). You want to be able to protect your breeders, but at times, you may need them to fight to succeed as well. Sometimes you need to sacrifice some gobs to make a future fight easier (Enemies hold their hp for a while when they're on defense). The game needs the option to choose, that's what allows you to overcome the situations you can run into in this game.

Yeah, the game is timed, but it's designed that you'll fail the first time and have to Newgame+ Think of it like you're actually a group of goblins fighting the world. You're at a disadvantage and aren't really supposed to win. Especially your first runs. Once you understand how all the mechanics (Especially the breeding) work, you'll do much better.

Summary:

There's not much wrong with this game for the genre it's trying to be. It's just a matter of if you're used to this kind of game and like challenge or not. You have to learn here to play this game well. It's not something you can just pick up and dominate at immediately. Everybody had the period of "Wtf is going on", it's just a matter of if you want to figure it out and like the challenge, or if you wanna throw your hands up in the air and give up when that happens, lol.

Last edited:

Chillified

Feb 18, 2018
Honestly love the gameplay a ton. It was incredibly difficult at first as I was learning many of the basic features and best tactics to use, but as I learned what to do it became significantly easier. Almost too easy at points, but it is incredibly rewarding. There was one or two points that could have been explained a little bit better, but there was nothing in the game that was so esoteric for it's genre that you couldn't figure it out after thinking for more than a few seconds.

The game probably should have included some kind of cheat system for people who don't want to use a slight ounce of brain power, but if they did that I might have forgone learning it to begin with which I definitely would have regretted knowing how much fun I got out of it. So eh. If someone is still struggling with the game a bit, someone made an incredibly well written guide here on the website called "Goblin Burrow Guide" I believe. Give it a read if you are still struggling, especially with the breeding side of things since It will put you on the right path.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Any news if the game will get more DLC? I just don't want it to end yet. Also I hope we get more days in the game since breaking the last girls is super hard in that little amount of time

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes