GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Any news if the game will get more DLC? I just don't want it to end yet. Also I hope we get more days in the game since breaking the last girls is super hard in that little amount of time
I think MuninKai mentioned that there was a way to edit the files so that you can increase the day limit?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Any news if the game will get more DLC? I just don't want it to end yet. Also I hope we get more days in the game since breaking the last girls is super hard in that little amount of time
You can modify it yourself. Go to data/system2/定数定義.ks and open it in any text editor. Pretty close to the top are END_TURN, END_TURN2, and END_TURN3. You'll want to increase 1 and 3. 1 is the 'no-Asteria' end, 3 is with Asteria. 2 is irrelevant, it's used in challenge mode.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Honestly love the gameplay a ton. It was incredibly difficult at first as I was learning many of the basic features and best tactics to use, but as I learned what to do it became significantly easier. Almost too easy at points, but it is incredibly rewarding. There was one or two points that could have been explained a little bit better, but there was nothing in the game that was so esoteric for it's genre that you couldn't figure it out after thinking for more than a few seconds.

The game probably should have included some kind of cheat system for people who don't want to use a slight ounce of brain power, but if they did that I might have forgone learning it to begin with which I definitely would have regretted knowing how much fun I got out of it. So eh. If someone is still struggling with the game a bit, someone made an incredibly well written guide here on the website called "Goblin Burrow Guide" I believe. Give it a read if you are still struggling, especially with the breeding side of things since It will put you on the right path.
This is one of those rare "sex" games where I enjoyed the whole design. It was just fun to play.

Making super gobs and one shotting the harder bosses when they steam rolled you the first or second time is an awesome feeling.

Then you get to use their abilities on the next boss or even themselves on the next play through. Great game design here.

Reactions: GEORGEM

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
I love the premise of this game but wow the gameplay is absolutely awful.

Why is it that enemies sometimes damage me when I attack them? Why can I sometimes select the attack button but other times I can't (seen in attachment)? Why is it that sometimes when I attack, I do 1 damage, no matter what type of unit I attack with, but other times the same unit will do a lot more damage, despite the enemy not even blocking? Managing massive amounts of goblins and manually placing them into units is a chore. Keeping track of generations for breeding is ridiculous, it should just automatically pick the best possible. Why is that when I'm assembling a team, it doesn't tell me what's currently already assigned when selecting a unit? I keep accidentally adding the same unit to different spots and accomplishing nothing.

Keeping track of food and feeding for seedbeds and new generations of goblins is a chore. Then to add insult to injury, the core game has a limited time period, and it's not even a long amount of time, so you feel rushed and like everything you do is wrong. I think the developers overthought this one a little. It's very rough around the edges. Everything about it is good other than the actual gameplay itself. I can't even find a cheat engine table for it either to actually make it playable. Disappointing.

Edit: According to a camera translation, the attachment says "Cannot be selected because of insufficient range." Again, what does that mean exactly? The game does a poor job at explaining anything. Why is there a range in the first place? Why doesn't it tell me about that when I'm assembling the team? I guess there's two front rows and two back rows. The menus and all the visuals do hardly anything at all to portray that. I guess the ogre has to be in a front row?
About the 1 damage attack, it's not clearly explained but basically the higher DEF is the less damage it receives. It means the enemies can also cause you only 1 damage if your DEF is high enough and if the enemy's DEF is too high you may only cause 1 damage.

epicrouter01

Aug 27, 2020
The last two DLC were a little bit half-assed to be honest. Only 1 ending per DLC, with the same picture of the girl that was used during the game. Nothing new in terms of gameplay or world building. Was under the impression that developer is trying to get maximum money for minimum time investment, before moving on to the next game

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
The last two DLC were a little bit half-assed to be honest. Only 1 ending per DLC, with the same picture of the girl that was used during the game. Nothing new in terms of gameplay or world building. Was under the impression that developer is trying to get maximum money for minimum time investment, before moving on to the next game
I agree, but to be fair, they've released 5 DLC, and 9 extra girls since their initial release, so I'm pretty happy overall content-wise.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019
View attachment 1039610 what does this mean ,crashed in the end of the turn and this pop up
It says:

An error has occurred.
File:battle.ks Line:336
Tags:eval (- may indicate the tag before or after the error occurred)
Sound effect: cv_04sys_18_04 not found

I am guessing that it means cv_04sys_18_04.ogg as that is an audio file. It should be in the games voice_0 folder (path is Goblins Burrow/data/voice_0) so check if you have that file in the folder.

klyoml

Oct 4, 2019
It says:

An error has occurred.
File:battle.ks Line:336
Tags:eval (- may indicate the tag before or after the error occurred)
Sound effect: cv_04sys_18_04 not found

I am guessing that it means cv_04sys_18_04.ogg as that is an audio file. It should be in the games voice_0 folder (path is Goblins Burrow/data/voice_0) so check if you have that file in the folder.
i only have this files in the game folder
2021-02-17 091432.png

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Got the game from somewhere else and only change the holy meat items
Ah, probably can't help you there then. How did you change the holy meat items? If you unpacked and repacked the files, there might have been an error in that process.

EDIT: data.xp3 is a package containing all the other files. The file that's missing should be inside that package. You'd need to unpack it, readd the file, then repack it, or just run it unpacked (which is also doable). You could also download from the OP, depending on the modification you made it's probably very easy to do to those since the files are unpacked.

klyoml

Oct 4, 2019
Ah, probably can't help you there then. How did you change the holy meat items? If you unpacked and repacked the files, there might have been an error in that process.

EDIT: data.xp3 is a package containing all the other files. The file that's missing should be inside that package. You'd need to unpack it, readd the file, then repack it, or just run it unpacked (which is also doable). You could also download from the OP, depending on the modification you made it's probably very easy to do to those since the files are unpacked.
Thanks for all your help. I fixed it by unpacking the file and add the missing audio files and replacing the old exe to the one from the thread

Last edited:
Reactions: MuninKai

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
Honestly love the gameplay a ton. It was incredibly difficult at first as I was learning many of the basic features and best tactics to use, but as I learned what to do it became significantly easier. Almost too easy at points, but it is incredibly rewarding. There was one or two points that could have been explained a little bit better, but there was nothing in the game that was so esoteric for it's genre that you couldn't figure it out after thinking for more than a few seconds.

The game probably should have included some kind of cheat system for people who don't want to use a slight ounce of brain power, but if they did that I might have forgone learning it to begin with which I definitely would have regretted knowing how much fun I got out of it. So eh. If someone is still struggling with the game a bit, someone made an incredibly well written guide here on the website called "Goblin Burrow Guide" I believe. Give it a read if you are still struggling, especially with the breeding side of things since It will put you on the right path.
There's an explanation somewhere here of the breeding mechanics. While it's extremely complicated, using it well can basically make you invincible. There's no need for a cheat system. What we need is either an explanation of things or a system that predicts the offspring when you put the file of one paticular goblin in and choose a girl from the menu.
If you mean a system that gives items for free, it's also unnecessary. One visit to the Adventurer Tower gives me so many stuffs that I don't even know what to do with them.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
What we need is either an explanation of things or a system that predicts the offspring when you put the file of one paticular goblin in and choose a girl from the menu
This would be entirely useless. The breeding window tells you exactly what to expect: +1 to the stat indicated on the breeding window, and one additional instance of the spell in the spell chance list. All other values are random, with their possible results being laid out in the Goblin Burrow Values cheatsheet I included in the patch. The only thing such a tool would be useful for is maybe calculating the chances of getting a particular spell based on the stored list, but breeding is almost entirely RNG.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
This would be entirely useless. The breeding window tells you exactly what to expect: +1 to the stat indicated on the breeding window, and one additional instance of the spell in the spell chance list. All other values are random, with their possible results being laid out in the Goblin Burrow Values cheatsheet I included in the patch. The only thing such a tool would be useful for is maybe calculating the chances of getting a particular spell based on the stored list, but breeding is almost entirely RNG.
What about the species of the offspring and the brood size? You said in it that the percentages are not directly how the system works but a result from calculation. I also remember a guide in here about how the system works.

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
The burrow I've been using for testing still had a GEN50 Shaman doing all its defense and a GEN54 carrying the offense teams as well on max difficulty. It still works really well.

I took a look at the game files. It looks like food gains do inherit. The relevant functions are function useItem() in 食糧庫関数.ks. Two sets of parameters for each Goblin are modified by using an item, .var and .varInh[0]. The second one is relevant when you then go to the function MakeNewGoblin() in 肉床関数.ks.

That function is an absolute mess but it does, very conclusively, use the .varInh from the goblin parent and there are comments on each line of code relating to it. First it will get the parent's item use stats. It then initialises the baby goblin's item use stats as 0s. The baby's .varInh then gets modified with the parent's. This is stored separately from the attribute gains you receive from the female parent.

There is also the answer to your question about species selection.
var rd = intrandom(0, 299);
var totalProb = 0;
var gobi;
for(gobi = 0;gobi <= UNT_GBL_ROAD - UNT_GBL_NORMAL;gobi++){
totalProb += tf.birthGoblinType[f.game.goblin[parentGoblinNo].unitID][gobi];
if(totalProb > rd){
break;
}
}
goblinData.unitID = gobi + UNT_GBL_NORMAL;
goblinData.name = tf.unitData[goblinData.unitID].name;

It's a bit of a mess to understand, but there is a table of variables in データ.ks called tf.birthGoblinType.

tf.birthGoblinType = [];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_NORMAL] = [275, 10, 5, 4, 3, 3];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_HOB] = [268, 20, 5, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_SHERMAN] = [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_CHAMPION] = [251, 15, 10, 20, 2, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_PALADIN] = [253, 15, 10, 5, 15, 2];
tf.birthGoblinType[UNT_GBL_ROAD] = [257, 15, 10, 5, 3, 10];

To make that human readable, each goblin species is determined by a random number between 0 and 299. Depending on the parent's type, it uses one of those arrays to set a target value and increments. The way it increments is a value, 'gobi' that starts at 0. Lists in this programming language have positions, starting at 0. So, if the parent is a shaman, it will use that type's list [258, 15, 20, 3, 2, 2] and check if the random number is small than the 0 position's value, in this case 258. If that's true, it exits, and the value gobi is set to 0. To determine the species of goblin, it adds the value of gobi (in this case 0), to the position value of a normal goblin (also 0), to get 0, which is the initial position on the unit list, a normal goblin.

If the random number is larger than 258, gobi will be incremented to 1. totalProb has been retained from the last round, so is 258, and now we add the 1 position's value, 15, to that. If 273 is larger than the random number, gobi is set to 1, adding to 0, and you get a hobgoblin. And so on.

By looking at those values, breeding is quite complicated. Champions get the best chance of a non-normal goblin, but a worse chance of paladins and chiefs than a normal goblin (by 2 and 1 in 300).

Also makes me realise that the seedbed's value I thought determined that is entirely unrelated in the end.

Turns out mating was way more complicated than my initial investigation. For determining broodsize, the game uses this function:

var num = intrandom(tf.charaData[heroineID].seedling - tf.charaData[heroineID].seedlingWidth, tf.charaData[heroineID].seedling + tf.charaData[heroineID].seedlingWidth);
for(var i = 0;i < num;i++){
makeNewGoblin(heroineID, goblinNo);

So the GoblinBurrowValues.pdf is only half correct.

To make that human readable, let's use Anvil as an example. In データ.ks you can find her breeding values, "seedling"=>6*2, "seedlingWidth"=>1,. So her seedling value is 12. To determine her brood size, the game takes her seedling value, 12, minus her width value, 1 to determine the minimum brood size, 11, and plus her width value, so 13. The final value will be one of those three, and will make that many new goblins. I'll update the sheet, though I guess it's a bit late for release.

KeizimiREi

Sep 7, 2017
Complete Gallery save except for 3 new girls added from DLC ....goes in Goblin Burrow\savedata
I cant seem to get it to work, the game just freezes (music still plays). Spent a ton of time trying to clear the game but can never get past dragon girl (after that i started a new game+ where i get wrecked by one of the earlier raids and its just stuck there cause my goblins are now somehow weaker)

Edit: The gallery also dont work D: Not even sure if iom using the locale emulator right

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Dummy text. Can't quote a quote.
Trying to explain the tables it uses ended up being too much work for what I wanted to be a quick, accessible guide for new players. That post should be evidence enough that it's kind of a complex process. It was much easier to just put the tables in a spreadsheet, calculate the percentages, and put those in a table, since it's very easy to understand and compare 90% versus comparing different arrays and their values.

I cant seem to get it to work, the game just freezes (music still plays). Spent a ton of time trying to clear the game but can never get past dragon girl (after that i started a new game+ where i get wrecked by one of the earlier raids and its just stuck there cause my goblins are now somehow weaker)

Edit: The gallery also dont work D: Not even sure if iom using the locale emulator right
That save is from August, and may not be compatible with the latest version of the game. Use the save in the download link (it's in the savedata folder) for a full gallery unlock. You definitely need Locale Emulator to be working to play the game, but I can't do tech support on that.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes