arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
You'll capture a man and woman, he'll have feelings for her or be in some type of relationship.

Happened before in one of the DLCs for the first game.

At least for the Lord, he makes the guy watch until he gives up in the end and dies.
the dwarf lady has one guy in the town that was crazy for her

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Interestingly, and I really appreciate this, they seem to have split the voice lines, image files, and base game files into separate pieces. Makes doing updates and patches so much easier. Will be interesting to see how it affects my ability to translate it, hopefully a lot easier and a lot less MEGA bandwidth consumption.

Though that being said, there are 3.5GB of voice lines, 2.5GB of CG, and the base game files are 1GB alone. This really is AAAroge.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Fuck. I'll be lucky if I can get all this MTL done by the end of the week. There are 2631 scenario files. I should put a progress bar on my MTL script just to see the progress because I'll be lucky if it takes less than 48h.

EDIT: Alright, the trial version and my Goblin Burrow library took care of 11000 unique keys, only 33392 left to go let's roll!

Also, for anyone who missed it, the actual translation updates, not just my bemoaning the gargantuan size of this project will be posted in this thread.

Once the MTL is done, it will probably only take me a few hours to cleanup all the system/UI related entries so that everything runs and is playable. I'll push that as a MTL/Partial release so people can start playing. I am using DeepL, so hopefully the MTL is not completely incoherent?

Last edited:

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
Fuck. I'll be lucky if I can get all this MTL done by the end of the week. There are 2631 scenario files. I should put a progress bar on my MTL script just to see the progress because I'll be lucky if it takes less than 48h.

EDIT: Alright, the trial version and my Goblin Burrow library took care of 11000 unique keys, only 33392 left to go let's roll!

Also, for anyone who missed it, the actual translation updates, not just my bemoaning the gargantuan size of this project will be posted in this thread.

Once the MTL is done, it will probably only take me a few hours to cleanup all the system/UI related entries so that everything runs and is playable. I'll push that as a MTL/Partial release so people can start playing. I am using DeepL, so hopefully the MTL is not completely incoherent?
don't rush it too much take your time 1 week or 2 weeks only make sure it don't crash and be playable

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
don't rush it too much take your time 1 week or 2 weeks only make sure it don't crash and be playable
Oh, it's not a labour question, it's literally just how long it will take to translate. I have a script set up for automating DeepL, but DeepL takes about 2-3 seconds to output its final translation. I have my script set to wait 3 seconds for each line to get quality output, max 10 seconds before timing out. With 33300 unique lines to translate at 3 - 10 seconds each, it will take anywhere from 28 - 72 hours to translate all the content from the game.

Making it playable and stable is relatively easy. I built a translation platform for Goblin Burrow and Virgin Lode 2 that is very consistent now with how it affects the text. As long as I do a quick proofread of changes I make to the system files I'm quite confident it will be stable.

Some Guy 9001

Jul 6, 2018
Yea but you don't ever meet him directly. She just mentions him or in the case of the Shaman, *thinks* she sees him.
The Dwarf girl on the other hand, her boyfriend (or I suppose "guy who wants to confess his love to her") shows up (in text) in the Goblin Lord's scene. Imagine my shock when I actually saw another male show up (even if only in text and not the art).

viktor2104

Jul 30, 2017
Only 70 days? Yikes. Either there'll be more things that extend the limit, like capturing Asteria does, it's just a trial version thing, or they expect you to have to choose a conquest path or something, making it hard/near impossible to take everything.
It does have ways to increase the turns.

In fact, the shitty "Training" mechanics from before has been completely re-made. Now, instead of sacrificing half of the goblins to increase one stat by 1, you now have this

1626798153313.png

Every turn you have 3 random options.

For example, the 3 options up there are:
"Increase max turn by 5: sacrifice 5 Paladins"
"Increase Shaman birth rate by 1%: sacrifice 24 Shaman"
and "Increase Lord birth rate by 1%: sacrifice 28 Shaman."

The white line under the menu is "reroll", spending 1 action to change the options. Not only the rewards but also the requirement is randomized. It could be as simple as "sacrifice 25 goblins" or as outrageous as "Sacrifice 25 Lords" and even "Sacrifice one girl" for one same reward.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes