MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Guy, why do you keep jumping to the conclusion that they're playing the wrong game instead of asking? Like instead of saying "you might be playing Illborne" you just answer with the assumption that it couldn't be anything else.
Because it's obvious? There is nothing special about Turn 70 in the original game, and the question is clearly not "I'm being defeated by the non-existent difficulty spike at Turn 70". It is substantially more likely that someone is posting in the wrong thread than it is that they are asking an esoteric question about Goblin Burrow that just happens to overlap with an extremely obvious, simple, and common question from Illborne.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Because it's obvious? There is nothing special about Turn 70 in the original game, and the question is clearly not "I'm being defeated by the non-existent difficulty spike at Turn 70". It is substantially more likely that someone is posting in the wrong thread than it is that they are asking an esoteric question about Goblin Burrow that just happens to overlap with an extremely obvious, simple, and common question from Illborne.
So instead of confirming they're playing the right game, you'd rather assume you're correct and risk sending them to the wrong thread because you've completely dismissed the possibility that they worded their question badly.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
So instead of confirming they're playing the right game, you'd rather assume you're correct and risk sending them to the wrong thread because you've completely dismissed the possibility that they worded their question badly.
Yes? Considering the consequence of sending someone to the wrong thread is marginal, if they ever even check the forum again and don't answer their own question 10 minutes after asking it and never log back in again, I don't think I'm ever gonna feel bad about it.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I keep getting the burrow destruction ending on day 80. Does anyone know how i can bypass this?
You need to either satisfy one of the ending conditions or defeat Asteria (higher difficulty rating), which will increase the limit to 90 days for that playthrough. Someone has previously posted an endings list with conditions.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Ok I am confused: What's the difference between this game and I'll Borne? According to my understanding, I'll Borne is this game + extra content?! In that case, why download this one if the other has THIS + Extra?! Can someone explain please?!

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ok I am confused: What's the difference between this game and I'll Borne? According to my understanding, I'll Borne is this game + extra content?! In that case, why download this one if the other has THIS + Extra?! Can someone explain please?!
I haven't played I'll Borne yet, but my understanding is that the gameplay is the same, but completely different cast of characters. If I remember right, someone said that "complete edition" is both games, but also don't mix characters.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
This post is for those who are looking for cheat in this game and DO NOT like using Cheat Engine. Thanks to MuninKai for the hint on how to cheat since I didn't see any post explaining how to do this:
1) Go to your game folder/data/system 2 and open データ_en.ks with Notepad++ (Make sure it is the en file)
2) Let's say you're farming the good ole plain Bread a lot, use the Search function and type Bread. You'll see something like this (not using the Bread as an example since I already modified it): gobcheat1.png
3) The 0 and 1s there represent which stats the item improves and 'growthpower' represents the amount. 'sanity' well represents the sanity the item gives. Well change all those to 1s and for example, change the 'growthpower' value to 30 (you can put anything you want there) as shown in the second picture (You can copy/paste that line to any item you want really):
gobcheat2.png
4) Save that, go to your game and enjoy: It works: Do not worry about the item says it only adds +30 to HP only: It adds to ALL stats.

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
I haven't played I'll Borne yet, but my understanding is that the gameplay is the same, but completely different cast of characters. If I remember right, someone said that "complete edition" is both games, but also don't mix characters.
some mechanics change, the goblin has passives abilities, there is a lot of seedbeds, you need to sacrifice goblin to get more power like putting more traps, extend the days, increase the burrow capacity, empower your goblin ect, that why every time someone says damm i can't pass day 60 it mostly assume that you are playing the sequel because the sequel (illborne) is limited in your first playthrought, you need to build up power

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ferghus

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'll Borne is a sequel. It has completely different content (and about twice as much as Goblin Burrow), but is based in the same world and you can import a save. And there is a 'make your own H-scene' system that integrates the old content but has no gameplay.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
I'll Borne is a sequel. It has completely different content (and about twice as much as Goblin Burrow), but is based in the same world and you can import a save. And there is a 'make your own H-scene' system that integrates the old content but has no gameplay.
How interesting..... Thanks for the answer and the hint for the cheat btw!

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
How interesting..... Thanks for the answer and the hint for the cheat btw!
You're welcome! And yeah, since the game's values are all plain text there's a lot you can do to modify the difficulty by messing around in those files.

EDIT: Some other important variables, like the max number of goblins in your burrow and turn limits are in this file '定数定義.ks'.

A Rock

Jan 3, 2020
So i have a lot of question regarding this game
First and foremost for the love of god can i Skip the tutorial i don't wanna do it everytime i die smh
Secondly does food affect the breeding stats,
By this i mean, say i have a 50 magic baby goblin shaman and i feed it until its 70 magic and then after its grows up i breed it with a magic+ girl
can i expect to get a goblin shaman with 70~ magic or 50~ magic?
And finally is there a way to remove a spell from a shaman
say i breed the shaman with a spell-less girl or something is there a chance for the shaman to have a free spell slot

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
First and foremost for the love of god can i Skip the tutorial i don't wanna do it everytime i die smh
By this i mean, say i have a 50 magic baby goblin shaman and i feed it until its 70 magic and then after its grows up i breed it with a magic+ girl
say i breed the shaman with a spell-less girl or something is there a chance for the shaman to have a free spell slot
first you need to save after the tutorial so you don't star over again and again xD, the goblin 50~ + magic girl will give you a goblin with more magic but the % of being a shaman is low, the spell are in the breedpool so no there is no chance your shaman don't know a spell (i think), and press F to speed the dialogue

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Don't think so, real oversight on their part.

Sort of. Stats from food is heritable, but only at 10%. So if you have a 50 magic goblin, feed it to 70, and breed it with a magic+ girl, you will have offspring with 53 magic (or thereabouts, there's a range of natural variability in each goblin's stats). So you won't necessarily notice much after one round of feeding, but if you do it often it can have a noticeable impact on your goblins' stats.

Confirming what arucard said, once a skill is bred into a lineage there is always a chance any goblin born from it will have that skill. Even if it is a goblin without a skill slot (Champions and base goblins), they still have the lineage's skill list. It is why it can be helpful to keep a Gen 1 goblin favourited and lying around in your Burrow (favourited goblins are not drafted for your pack units, and don't die in training) so that when you get some of the higher tier seedbeds you can build a lineage that is less polluted with garbage skills. Otherwise, your next best option is dilution. The heritable skills pool is stored as a list attached to each goblin, with a skill being added to the list every time it is bred. The more times you breed a skill into the lineage, the more chances you have that any given offspring of that lineage will have that skill.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: arucard34

adam~

Mar 1, 2018
just saw that that on DL site there is like a complete edition? anyone who know the difference between this version and that version?

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
just saw that that on DL site there is like a complete edition? anyone who know the difference between this version and that version?
this is asked like every once in a month, this is completed, is not stated in the post maybe because 4 girls are mtl that it, maybe ill report the original post so they put completed on the title xD , what do you think MuninKai ????

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes