SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I totally agree with most of that, except for this
It's a bit like if you went to a restaurant but there's no menu
The menu was provided in terms of being able to choose the game from the variety that exists on the site. Yeah, it's not 9/10 and it clearly did not appeal to your taste, which is perfectly fine
Chef doesn't prepare each meal for a year and a half, so it's unreasonable to expect them to be able to please everyone
It is quite reasonable not to order that meal again though

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
God among Kings [v0.194] [SolidDoc] - Compressed

Win/Linux [448 MB]
- - - -

Mac [443 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
I totally agree with most of that, except for this

The menu was provided in terms of being able to choose the game from the variety that exists on the site. Yeah, it's not 9/10 and it clearly did not appeal to your taste, which is perfectly fine
Chef doesn't prepare each meal for a year and a half, so it's unreasonable to expect them to be able to please everyone
It is quite reasonable not to order that meal again though
My comment was meant to clarify my feelings on kinetic vs choice-based games in a general sense in response to a commenter (that I quoted) who said they couldn't understand me. Not that they disagreed but that they couldn't even understand me. This was just an attempt at making myself understood.

Nothing in that post was specific to your game or to its quality (I was carefully trying to avoid doing so as I already gave my feelings on the game in the previous post). While I might have my preferences, I dislike having my criticisms dismissed as simply being the result of my taste in games as I generally think quality can overcome one's personal preferences, it's just that it's a greater challenge.

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I dislike having my criticisms dismissed as simply being the result of my taste in games
Well, you would have liked more agency in the decision making, while i do not want that. It's my taste (whether good or bad) versus your taste, so it kinda does boil down to preferences
I can perfectly see where you're coming from but it's not what i am going for with the project
If we take a look at the situation with Belladonna. It's not something you would have done. If i am to take your criticism and act on it, i would ruin the game for those that liked this part. It wouldn't make the game better either way, it would just shift it into different direction. I could have done choices for that part, but that would interfere with the story that is going to come in the future and it would not necessarily improve the quality in the long term, it would satisfy the preference of some in the short term. It would require for me to make two different games, while the player would only choose to play one. And there thousands of things they players would like to be able to choose or change the outcome of. I do not have the time to do that, and i don't want to make choices that don't matter in the long run. That's why i address that as a preference

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
Well, you would have liked more agency in the decision making, while i do not want that. It's my taste (whether good or bad) versus your taste, so it kinda does boil down to preferences
I can perfectly see where you're coming from but it's not what i am going for with the project
If we take a look at the situation with Belladonna. It's not something you would have done. If i am to take your criticism and act on it, i would ruin the game for those that liked this part. It wouldn't make the game better either way, it would just shift it into different direction. I could have done choices for that part, but that would interfere with the story that is going to come in the future and it would not necessarily improve the quality in the long term, it would satisfy the preference of some in the short term. It would require for me to make two different games, while the player would only choose to play one. And there thousands of things they players would like to be able to choose or change the outcome of. I do not have the time to do that, and i don't want to make choices that don't matter in the long run. That's why i address that as a preference
You DONT get where I'm coming from! If I have a preference, it's for something like NOT roleplaying being an apologist and ally to slavers like you forced us to do. I simply suggested choices as a way to avoid being forced to be friendly with the distasteful lady that sadistically rules over people like they're bugs. It simply boggles my mind that our humble-of-origins MC would so easily have a change of heart when it comes to her.

If I didn't like my previously honorable hero making friends with Hitler, would you really put that down to my preference for games with choices? If you want to say it's not to my tastes than fine, but I had liked it UP TO NOW. It's just that when the narrative suddenly dives into the gutter, I felt powerless to stop it but I guess that's more power to you.

Last edited:

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
I like her and don't think she is a blemish on the game. She may be unlikable, she might be doing immoral things. She was also thrusted into power and had to do them. Hitler was content with accelerating the demise of his country, all the while exterminating millions of innocent people. She is picking a bad option, because she doesn't have a better one, to establish some semblance of order, prioritizing her citizens over the criminals. Yeah, Kreios is trying to be honorable, he is also at times naive
For you it made the game less enjoyable. Okay. Some people liked the character, including me. If i were to make a game that does not allow anyone to be left disappointed, i would have no game at all

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
I like her and don't think she is a blemish on the game. She may be unlikable, she might be doing immoral things. She was also thrusted into power and had to do them. Hitler was content with accelerating the demise of his country, all the while exterminating millions of innocent people. She is picking a bad option, because she doesn't have a better one, to establish some semblance of order, prioritizing her citizens over the criminals. Yeah, Kreios is trying to be honorable, he is also at times naive
For you it made the game less enjoyable. Okay. Some people liked the character, including me. If i were to make a game that does not allow anyone to be left disappointed, i would have no game at all
Have you seen the reviews? People are properly rating your game so good work!

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Being passionate about a thing you're working on is good, so long as it serves the people who play the game
They are also one of the players, and can easily be one of the reviewers, and that's their right to voice their opinion
Games are there to invoke emotions. My job is to try and induce these emotions. Whether it lands the way I intended or not is another thing entirely. There can easily be a point where i fail at it, but it does not seem to me that it's the case here, it's just the matter of perspective. Different people perceive things in a different way after all

Last edited:

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
I don't like when a game waterboards you with long introductions and walls of text that you are going to forget the next minute. The story gets delivered by bits and pieces here and there, mostly organically. Some may like the former, some the latter, that's just the way i chose it to be
Well. As someone whos into story driven stuff,. I tend to like seeing how he got such strong girls serving him, to be able to command them for himself. How they ended being fuck buddies where they even share shim. What attracted them to him. But being thrown in a story were this is already pre established just feels kinda off. It feels like being thrown into the middle of a story.

But if you wanted to rush into the action and fucking, you do you do. I know people here have very short attention spans. I really only asked because it was said to be story driven, and I feel like I been thrown into the middle of the story expected to know everything already. With no beginning, in the middle of a campaign and 4 or so girls loyally serving him already.

I really like the idea a MC has girls as his weapons, but in this is feels like I missed all the development for this >< Part of the fun, for me at least, is learning how he tamed these strong girls under him.

Last edited:

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Nobles You are thrown into the middle of an established story, yes. But you do get to know the characters as the game progresses, it's just done differently. There are no flashbacks and I start from a specific point, mostly to sow this confusion about who we are, and what we are doing. It's a conscious decision on my part, the starting point of this story. How far along should we start? Telling everything from his birth? I can tell it's not something everyone will like, but that's what felt better for me, to avoid boring the player, to avoid some cliches, like isekai MC or MC who lost their memory
You can get a decent grasp on dynamic between the starting characters by the end of the current version, and I will be exploring their past even more as the game goes on, as well as MC story

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Nobles You are thrown into the middle of an established story, yes. But you do get to know the characters as the game progresses, it's just done differently. There are no flashbacks and I start from a specific point, mostly to sow this confusion about who we are, and what we are doing. It's a conscious decision on my part, the starting point of this story. How far along should we start? Telling everything from his birth? I can tell it's not something everyone will like, but that's what felt better for me, to avoid boring the player, to avoid some cliches, like isekai MC or MC who lost their memory
You can get a decent grasp on dynamic between the starting characters by the end of the current version, and I will be exploring their past even more as the game goes on, as well as MC story
There's plenty of dialogue explaining the relationship between characters and the last update explored Sherry's past without being annoying, then there's the travel with the princess planned that will probably give us insight about the MC's past.
I agree with your point about the long intro, starting with the MC from birth could've been another idea but having us complete the tutorial battle to show us a 2h long intro about how the meets the heroines is well.... info-dump.

Reactions: Maulis47

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
GodAmongKings-0.197
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

SolidDoc

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
last update there were lv 6 upgrades For Kreios, Calypso, and Sherry, bot the have their SP back too
That's news to me, and I was the one making them. Currently the last upgrade wave was for level 5, and it was mostly stat upgrades as I was planning to work on skills for the next wave
Let's troubleshoot
Character lvl 6, 10 available SP, no upgrades, right?
rvmjynh.png

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes