2.90 star(s) 17 Votes

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
they are just milking wallets, like most devs on patreon. that's nothing new
I highly disagree. I see so many devs actually work on their games and only ask for support for the product they make. What this dev is doing is far more insidious. They are adding paid gambling mechanics on top of wanting support. I don't see any kind of real update besides this new system.

KSVreset

Feb 20, 2018
so this years update was microtransactions? <_<
Not quite. You don't pay any real money for the in-game stuff, other than higher tiers of subscription giving you better codes for the "gift" system. The two codes I posted above are for the $5 tier, but if you're silly enough to pay $35, you'd get a code that gives you more gold, crafting mats, etc.

There are loot boxes (which I seem to get a lot of), and they require keys, but it looks like everything is earned via in-game grind, and it is a very heavy grind. It's definitely a more interesting method of progression than just getting (fairly insignificant) stats to level 10 as you used to, but it's pretty disappointing to have it implemented at this stage of the game, at the expense of however many more fights we would have gotten instead. I haven't looked at the new systems in depth, first impression is that there's a lot of bloat. Visual effects are a little better. Earlier fights seem easier while later ones are harder, which is sensible. The janky third-person prototype is gone. Skins are (ostensibly temporarily) gone, which sucks. I'm interested in seeing more fights in the future, though this particular update is a downgrade for long-time players. New players might find it interesting if they like the grind.

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
So here you lot go. This is a save file with 99 of everything just about. At least all the crafting and leveling scrolls.
Save file location is in a text file inside, but generally C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\FWFS\Goddess of Trampling.
I think grinding in this game is pointless. Each enemy has like 6 moves in total.
But hey I think getting stronger, better gear, and winning in the game is just as dumb so screw it.

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
Payment tiers = Better loot box chances... Yikes.
Somebody needs to make a mod to circumvent this bullsh*t.
Save file, right there lol. Also the loot boxes aren't at all worth it.
I opened about 30 of them at each level. What you get is worth between like 200-600 gold depending on level.
Which is about 3 fights. In fact you could just cheat in gold and buy it all.

Reactions: Choo-choo

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
Wait up I don't get it. So there is no new content in this update besides character stats and items?
No new content besides useless weapons and lootboxes. The weapons don't even show up on your character. To expand on this increased grind system they also removed outfits and ranks.

• Wow
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

pablowwq

Apr 22, 2018
No new content besides useless weapons and lootboxes. The weapons don't even show up on your character. To expand on this increased grind system they also removed outfits and ranks.
that's even worse than I thought, what really baffles me is the fact that they still make over 1k with their patreon while technically doing nothing. At this point I'm convinced people just forget that they subscribed to them and their money is just getting sucked away every month to an endless void.

• Sad

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Save file, right there lol. Also the loot boxes aren't at all worth it.
I opened about 30 of them at each level. What you get is worth between like 200-600 gold depending on level.
Which is about 3 fights. In fact you could just cheat in gold and buy it all.
That sounds like a colossal waste of time. Thank you for taking that loss for the team.

They removed outfits and ranks? Are they sure they didn't accidentally release a DOWNGRADE instead? This reminds me of Koda (Creator of Tower of Trample) saying he wanted to take his MC's voice away.

that's even worse than I thought, what really baffles me is the fact that they still make over 1k with their patreon while technically doing nothing. At this point I'm convinced people just forget that they subscribed to them and their money is just getting sucked away every month to an endless void.
This is sounding awfully familiar... Do I hear the clanging of pickaxes?

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
The dev did radio silence for about a year + and their patreon got down to $400. But since they released updates more people joined up just to see the new stuff. If the dev doesn't include some actual content soon then expect that to drop. The part that confuses me the most as I've already stated is why add grind to this game? It isn't the kind of game you want weapons or items in. You want to lose and be abused, so the focus should be on expanding the moveset for the enemies.

I have a suspicion that after 2 years of not doing a damn thing in that regard, the dev forgot how to code and make models/animations. I don't see them making any kind of actual content to the fighting aspect of the game. Could they relearn this? sure. Will they? well I don't trust them to.

Nov 5, 2018
The dev did radio silence for about a year + and their patreon got down to $400. But since they released updates more people joined up just to see the new stuff. If the dev doesn't include some actual content soon then expect that to drop. The part that confuses me the most as I've already stated is why add grind to this game? It isn't the kind of game you want weapons or items in. You want to lose and be abused, so the focus should be on expanding the moveset for the enemies.

I have a suspicion that after 2 years of not doing a damn thing in that regard, the dev forgot how to code and make models/animations. I don't see them making any kind of actual content to the fighting aspect of the game. Could they relearn this? sure. Will they? well I don't trust them to.
Have to disagree here. I would like to have alternate outfits such as different shoes for the female villains otherwise it becomes a bit stale over time whenever she is going to put you in her shoe.
So apparently the dev removed all alternate gear from the game?! Bonehead move! I am not going to update the game to the new version.

Lucress

Dec 10, 2019
Hey ! ^^ I lost all of my saves from the previous version. :eek: I leveled up quite a bit even if, tbh, I don't remember which level I was. It's been awhile. ^^' Could someone please send me a save file ? >< If it's at all possible. I don't even know where they are in the game folder. x) Sorry to bother.

• Sad

Mardion

Feb 23, 2018
Hey ! ^^ I lost all of my saves from the previous version. :eek: I leveled up quite a bit even if, tbh, I don't remember which level I was. It's been awhile. ^^' Could someone please send me a save file ? >< If it's at all possible. I don't even know where they are in the game folder. x) Sorry to bother.
Please read the thread you are replying to before replying to it.
There is a savegame a few posts above, and there are even instructions about which folder to find them in.

Reactions: Lucress

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I can't believe that in a game about sexy girls the dev took AWAY the customization options AND replaced them with loot boxes. Those two decisions together make me worried that he will reintroduce the customization but only as future loot box DLC.

Could EA have secretly taken over creative control of this game? lol

Lucress

Dec 10, 2019
Please read the thread you are replying to before replying to it.
There is a savegame a few posts above, and there are even instructions about which folder to find them in.
Ah, I see. Sorry about that. I admit I didn't think to read before but to be honest, so many threads have so many pages now that I don't necessarily have time to read them all each time. >< Still, thanks for the answer and for the info. I'll go take a look. Great day/evening to you. ^^

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure the dev is going to put the ranks and outfits back in. Just as I'm sure they will be attached to the new grinding system. Thankfully it is pretty easy to cheat in things if you know what you are doing. I'll be happy to add save files down the road. It is the least I can do for a dev that ghosted me for a year despite me being a patreon, and then adding this lootbox garbage.

2.90 star(s) 17 Votes