Ren'Py Abandoned God's Sandbox [v0.1.2] [UNREDDY]

UNREDDY

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
The tag should be moved to the genre tab as a planned tag.
You are right, as soon as I receive the dev badge I will move this tag to the planned ones, and btw I'll create a label in the thread so that people can see other tags that I also have in mind for future updates, thanks for the advice

Yup! Which is a shame really because I really like the Energy Kyouka's model for the shop clerk, now it got replaced with a more generic one and make me like the game least than before
Your displeasure is completely understandable, it's normal that not only you but other people who played the first demo have this feeling, Some people really prefer KK art style, and transitioning to another can be difficult on a on-going project. However, the GS is at the very beginning, and is still subject to receiving other changes that may not please everyone. The models in KK will not return, and from now on they will be made in HS2.

pretty creepy faces tbh
I'm spending a few dozen hours working on the 3D models of these characters to make them as pleasant as possible, it's a little sad to read comments like this, but it motivates me to try to improve even more.

Thanks for you feedback guys :D

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
You are right, as soon as I receive the dev badge I will move this tag to the planned ones, and btw I'll create a label in the thread so that people can see other tags that I also have in mind for future updates, thanks for the advice

Your displeasure is completely understandable, it's normal that not only you but other people who played the first demo have this feeling, Some people really prefer KK art style, and transitioning to another can be difficult on a on-going project. However, the GS is at the very beginning, and is still subject to receiving other changes that may not please everyone. The models in KK will not return, and from now on they will be made in HS2.

I'm spending a few dozen hours working on the 3D models of these characters to make them as pleasant as possible, it's a little sad to read comments like this, but it motivates me to try to improve even more.

Thanks for you feedback guys :D
Feel sad really but this is your game and you already cemented your decision to change so can't say much about it beside respect your choice, at least beside the models the game story still good and the Ren py version are more enjoyable so that's still a good point

Reactions: UNREDDY

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I can let the totally out of nowhere towel scene slide being a game like this but being given a "choice" you cant even pick this early in the game is just... So it's perv out on your sis/not sis or be a creeper and do it anyway. You should probably just write a KN if your going to force the player into actions. The illusion of choice is just as bad as no choice.

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
Nah, their faces are really cute, someone just have uncanny valley effect, I think

Reactions: mcclem5257

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
A different and fresh art for me, I loved it, I would have liked another title that was not "Sand Bender" for the MC's skills, it is impossible not to remember Avatar with that title, apart from that it is very good and has a lot of potential

worldstar123

Dec 26, 2019
Not really anything going on the game at the moment. The two maid events are just trips to the store and the third event is in the book thingy on the phone but apparently I can't do it, along with the kiss action in the action menu. Plus, I can't see any interactions with Rachel either.

Still, I really like the look of the models and the game (maybe decrease the FOV a bit in the CGs?) so I'll be following the game.

Last edited:

M1918_BAR

Jan 30, 2019
Nah, their faces are really cute, someone just have uncanny valley effect, I think
yeah when I saw the maid for the first time i though "huh weird, is it my perspective or that her sprite is just thin?" prolly just need to fix her sprite aspect ratio and its good imo.

UNREDDY

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
It's not abandoned, I'm working in a really big update. so it'll take a time to finish everything.

I realized that it's not worth updating every 15 days, I can't bring really good content to the game and I end up getting worn out; so I'll release updates when it's ready.

worldstar123

Dec 26, 2019
It's not abandoned, I'm working in a really big update. so it'll take a time to finish everything.

I realized that it's not worth updating every 15 days, I can't bring really good content to the game and I end up getting worn out; so I'll release updates when it's ready.
That is understandable, and the better choice to make. Good luck!

UNREDDY

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
THE GAME IS NOT ABANDONED

I know is taking a long time (pretty long) to the next update, but the are many reasons, from my lack of creativity to create a decent plot, to the lack of time with the various overtime I'm doing at work;

Apart from that I don't want to make releases anymore without considering that the game is at least fun or interesting;

I'm almost done with the first story arc and I've already started writing the plot for the second one, I need to do some renders and add some mechanics in the game (this is the most complex part for me :( )
1658922191415.png
1658922239863.png
1658922284210.png

I don’t consider myself good at python and much less at English grammar. but I’m doing my best to release the next update as soon as possible. Thank you all for understanding and sorry for the delay;

UNREDDY

Oct 2, 2017
THE GAME IS NOT ABANDONED

I know is taking a long time (pretty long) to the next update, but the are many reasons, from my lack of creativity to create a decent plot, to the lack of time with the various overtime I'm doing at work;

Apart from that I don't want to make releases anymore without considering that the game is at least fun or interesting;

I'm almost done with the first story arc and I've already started writing the plot for the second one, I need to do some renders and add some mechanics in the game (this is the most complex part for me :( )
View attachment 1949248
View attachment 1949249
View attachment 1949252

I don’t consider myself good at python and much less at English grammar. but I’m doing my best to release the next update as soon as possible. Thank you all for understanding and sorry for the delay;

UNREDDY
Well, as long as you can get yourself able to pull this off.
(Also, include some Macro!)