NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
As for the current iteration, it looks okay except that it demands much more micro-management to use effectively, particularly because it also requires a nearby ally, which seems contrary to the spirit of the dungeon-half of the game.
Yes and no? My long term goal would be for grouping up vs not grouping up to be a choice with trade-offs and neither option being so much better than the other that decisions don't need to be made. Presently, it's still difficult for most individual threats to actually be much of an issue for grouped up knights. That's somewhat countered by a lot of effects being much less dangerous if the knights are spread out from each other, as well as grouping up being less efficient in terms of floor clearing speed, which has corruption wave consequences. Still, even if you're not grouping up 100% of the time, it's not like the knights will always be entirely separate from each other either. Layouts won't always allow for that.

Basically, the intention with both interaction and special skills is to give more options to consider on a turn by turn basis. Yeah, these things aren't really compatible with someone using autoplay and just coasting, but that's fine by me. Only speccing into passive skills so they don't have to micromanage anything at all is also a trade-off the player would be choosing to make.

Somewhat related, I'm also slightly buffing base stats for a lot of monsters and traps this next update (except artistic nude, which is slightly nerfed instead, although the nerf to masturbation that I just realized I never included in any patch notes might have already been enough). It's mostly just adding +1 or +2 here and there, so it probably won't be enough to make a huge difference, but it's probably the type of thing that's better to approach slowly anyway.

It also seems like a skill worth augmenting with a secondary skill (one that consumes charge for boosted effect or turn it into an aura/aoe maybe?).
Yeah I'm kinda thinking of it gradually being a branch of skills for Lucette like Elli has Grace. Not that I have a huge amount of ideas for it currently, but it'll probably still get more use than people get out of Cooperator.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Two things.

Will there be an extra section in the log book for skills the inquisitor can learn? I memorized them based on appearance, but I feel like knowing what the skills do will help if its also in the book.

The Suggestive curse is confusing to me. I get that its basically the skill where trying to snap someone out of a trance will cause them to fall into it, but I noticed two issues. One is that its extremely difficult to get this skill. IDK why its so rare in contrast to the seven sin curses or god damn paranoia. Second is that the chances of actually being in a room with someone in a trance is really low because its more likely the trap/enemy in the room will trance the other knight first before they can even snap someone out of said trance. So I have it maxed out but it does absolutely nothing and it just feels odd when most curses are hinderances in general. I was wondering if it could have the same effect as that one inquisitor spell where if someone has a mantra, they have a high chance of obtaining said mantra as well (control mantra going to the other knights thus its hard for them to actually remove it altogether).

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Will there be an extra section in the log book for skills the inquisitor can learn? I memorized them based on appearance, but I feel like knowing what the skills do will help if its also in the book.
The Spells? Yeah probably. I mean, you don't really need to memorize them yourself since you can always view the ones you have, and clicking on the icons when they're in the Witch's Den pops up the description for them so you can figure out if you want to buy them.

The Suggestive curse is confusing to me. I get that its basically the skill where trying to snap someone out of a trance will cause them to fall into it, but I noticed two issues. One is that its extremely difficult to get this skill. IDK why its so rare in contrast to the seven sin curses or god damn paranoia.
Some curses have requirements to be naturally gained and some don't. Suggestive requires a character to have gained the Trance status effect at least 3 times. There aren't a huge amount of threats that inflict Trance (yet), so it's somewhat rare.

Second is that the chances of actually being in a room with someone in a trance is really low because its more likely the trap/enemy in the room will trance the other knight first before they can even snap someone out of said trance. So I have it maxed out but it does absolutely nothing and it just feels odd when most curses are hinderances in general.
Some curses are too easily ignored currently, yeah.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
although the nerf to masturbation that I just realized I never included in any patch notes might have already been enough
What was the nerf?

Also, Tweet time:

Tweet said:
Definitely at least something that should be able to be toggled off if it's gonna go that hard. (On that note, still not a fan of the new path marker.)

Now how about those arrows next to the picture? Poor Coraline deserves a better outfit. For real though, this would be a good spot to show some pics that don't really have any events associated with them and otherwise wouldn't be in the game.

Yeet! ...I'm having a hard time seeing this ever be worth the trouble, though.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
What was the nerf?
I actually DID update the description in game properly, but if you or anyone else doesn't want to open the game to find it, Masturbation is now:
This character gains 3 Lust at the beginning of their turn and will not move until interrupted by an ally or Corruption Break. For every 10 Lust above 50 this character already has at the beginning of their turn, deals 1 extra Lust damage.
So the "curve" of how many turns you have before a corruption break from Masturbation is no longer linear, giving you more time at low lust and less time at high lust. This is more commonly going to be a nerf to the effect than a buff.

Definitely at least something that should be able to be toggled off if it's gonna go that hard. (On that note, still not a fan of the new path marker.)
There is already an option to turn it off, yeah. Though the fact that I already have it turned off myself doesn't seem like a good sign for it honestly.

Now how about those arrows next to the picture? Poor Coraline deserves a better outfit. For real though, this would be a good spot to show some pics that don't really have any events associated with them and otherwise wouldn't be in the game.
That's the plan eventually, I just haven't hooked it up.
Also I haven't actually made a pre-Eschahn Coraline outfit.

Yeet! ...I'm having a hard time seeing this ever be worth the trouble, though.
I was thinking about this as well. It's not that likely to have the different knights be different ENOUGH that you would want to spend one knight's turn to move another knight instead. I don't know if that will always be the case, but currently yeah.

ryuujinx

Dec 30, 2020
Still in the middle of my first run, game is interesting so far. I did cause a crash from what I assume is a feedback loop - all three of them had the shared lust curse (The one where if you take lust damage, you deal X to all allies in the room). Elli got stuck on some monster and needed help so I pointed the other two at her room, they coincidentally both arrived at the same time. Elli got hit by another lust attack, which dealt lust damage to the other two.. which I assume then caused some kind of exponential loop and the game crashed to desktop.

If only it had resolved the loop properly and game overed me I would have thought this hilarious and a perfectly fitting end to my first run, unfortunately since it was a crash I'm just back at the start of that floor.

Druid

Dec 15, 2017
Did points get nerfed at some point? You used to get a fair beat for beating the game and I had a good bit saved up, but either this version or last I had to take off several bonuses because suddenly I had too many equipped. Even beating the game doesn't seem to give more.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Still in the middle of my first run, game is interesting so far. I did cause a crash from what I assume is a feedback loop - all three of them had the shared lust curse (The one where if you take lust damage, you deal X to all allies in the room). Elli got stuck on some monster and needed help so I pointed the other two at her room, they coincidentally both arrived at the same time. Elli got hit by another lust attack, which dealt lust damage to the other two.. which I assume then caused some kind of exponential loop and the game crashed to desktop.

If only it had resolved the loop properly and game overed me I would have thought this hilarious and a perfectly fitting end to my first run, unfortunately since it was a crash I'm just back at the start of that floor.
Hm, originally Pheromones lustbombing a room was what prompted me to add a safeguard to prevent effects from repeating themselves infinitely (a completely identical check can't get added to the stack), but I could actually see how that would have broken with some changes made to how the check/trigger stack is handled recently. You're probably right about there being an infinite loop there, but I'll have to look at it.

Did points get nerfed at some point? You used to get a fair beat for beating the game and I had a good bit saved up, but either this version or last I had to take off several bonuses because suddenly I had too many equipped. Even beating the game doesn't seem to give more.
They did, yeah. KP is determined by the events you have seen, so just beating the game doesn't guarantee you'll get any more than you already had.
Basically, there were never enough points to buy EVERYTHING, but the amount of points that an event gave were pretty arbitrary. I standardized the per event amount which also meant an over all decrease to the amount available. It should be fine over time since the number of events is only going to go up as the game develops, though in an immediate sense it will have made it harder to buy as many bonuses.

ryuujinx

Dec 30, 2020
Hm, originally Pheromones lustbombing a room was what prompted me to add a safeguard to prevent effects from repeating themselves infinitely (a completely identical check can't get added to the stack), but I could actually see how that would have broken with some changes made to how the check/trigger stack is handled recently. You're probably right about there being an infinite loop there, but I'll have to look at it.
I might be in the minority, but I think the feedback loop is hilarious and a great way to cause the end of a run so I'd personally check to see if it results in an infinite and skip the steps to get to the endstep of maxed our corruption.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I might be in the minority, but I think the feedback loop is hilarious and a great way to cause the end of a run so I'd personally check to see if it results in an infinite and skip the steps to get to the endstep of maxed our corruption.
Erm... I would definitely say that's not good for the game's balance, no. An insta-death condition that's so arbitrary and easy to slip under your nose is *not* something that you want to have in a game with semi-permadeath. Particularly one where taking damage is inevitable, but taking a certain type of damage under arbitrary conditions will cause a game over from full health.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Tweet time:

Tweet said:
We knew she was coming sooner or later. Jelly is still superior to goo, though. Although I suppose if you count the latex construct, we kinda got a variation/relative of the jelly variety before the goo variety... But

So, like... This triggers on-hit effects four times? I feel like that could wildly swing things for or against your favor depending on the setup. Unless there's some other reason for it to do "20% damage 4 times" instead of "80% damage".

Get smoked, scrub

FxFFHbIWwBE6ohE.png
Hold up. Is that a reference to a very specific generic FF6 enemy that has an abnormally large fanbase among fetish communities?

Reactions: Seamonkey

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
We knew she was coming sooner or later. Jelly is still superior to goo, though. Although I suppose if you count the latex construct, we kinda got a variation/relative of the jelly variety before the goo variety... But
Man, it's a shame what happened to FEH. I still have yet to find a more fun game on the phone (not that I really have time for one), but it has absolutely gone to shit ever since Aether Raids and I just can't support it. I still miss my every day...

So, like... This triggers on-hit effects four times? I feel like that could wildly swing things for or against your favor depending on the setup. Unless there's some other reason for it to do "20% damage 4 times" instead of "80% damage".
Yes, the character attacks 3-5 times in a row depending on the skill's rank. So while Opening Strike would only apply to the first hit, something like Spellsword (or even a small thing like Reckless) would be magnified greatly due to getting applied 3-5 times. On the flip side it also means that monster armor is applied to every attack individually, which magnifies that as well (to the point where this would basically be utterly worthless against something like the Shield Maid). At the very least, it's generally easier to stack up boosts to Reflex than boosts to Physique. There's trade-offs to using this special in particular, but I'm more concerned with it being difficult to calculate WHEN you would want to use it.

And I'm behind on writing (as is usual) so I doubt I'll have a lot of time to play the game normally with it and see how it feels. Guess we'll see when the update comes out (assuming anyone actually gives feedback on this one skill of the many new ones that are going to be included).

Hold up. Is that a reference to a very specific generic FF6 enemy that has an abnormally large fanbase among fetish communities?
Truly inspiration can come from all kinds of places!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Man, it's a shame what happened to FEH. I still have yet to find a more fun game on the phone (not that I really have time for one), but it has absolutely gone to shit ever since Aether Raids and I just can't support it. I still miss my every day...
(I should've figured you'd recognize FEH since you accidentally named a character Elli Linwood.)

I mean, nobody should support it financially to begin with since it's a gacha game, and I deliberately stay at lower ranks in the PvP modes because the entire concept of "meta" is cancer. But I stick around to watch people squirm when the story starts hinting that the hot snek lady that everyone's been horny for might actually be the player's daughter from the future. (My money's on her being the baby-momma, though, and we may finally get the answer next week.)

Yes, the character attacks 3-5 times in a row depending on the skill's rank. So while Opening Strike would only apply to the first hit, something like Spellsword (or even a small thing like Reckless) would be magnified greatly due to getting applied 3-5 times. On the flip side it also means that monster armor is applied to every attack individually, which magnifies that as well (to the point where this would basically be utterly worthless against something like the Shield Maid). At the very least, it's generally easier to stack up boosts to Reflex than boosts to Physique. There's trade-offs to using this special in particular, but I'm more concerned with it being difficult to calculate WHEN you would want to use it.
My immediate thought was the Target Marked skill (I think that's what it was called) and the silliness of repeatedly applying and consuming the debuff. Hmm... If this mechanic wasn't unplanned, the Marked debuff might have actually worked better as something that only gets consumed on active skills like this instead of normal hits. Maybe something that could stack up to X times, and then active skills would either consume them all at once or use them like charges. Then letting this skill slap four stacks of Marked onto the enemy would be a very viable strategy.

Guess we'll see when the update comes out (assuming anyone actually gives feedback on this one skill of the many new ones that are going to be included).
If there are going to be a lot of active skills, this might be the perfect time to include some sort of "submissive" curse where the knight takes lust damage whenever she's ordered to activate a skill. Or maybe it could be a downside to the Control Mantra... Or perhaps both, a curse that's acquired by leaving them with a mantra for too long. The implications of the Inquisitor directly giving them a curse (even if it's on accident) would certainly be intriguing. Although perhaps you already have plans for a plot development along those lines...

Beau Karla

Formerly 'Xennte'
Jun 5, 2020
Is Scatterbrained suppose to force you to walk around for 350 turns? I was just cleaning up a dungeon when I told one girl to rest and the other to go to the stairs when they overlapped and the girl with Scatterbrained got the shaken status because she also had Paranoia. It took until the girl stumbled into the rest room and also lost the shaken status for her to finally stop and rest, which took about 350 turns. I have a screenshot of what my screen looked like after it already ended though I don't think that will help much.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
(I should've figured you'd recognize FEH since you accidentally named a character Elli Linwood.)

I mean, nobody should support it financially to begin with since it's a gacha game, and I deliberately stay at lower ranks in the PvP modes because the entire concept of "meta" is cancer. But I stick around to watch people squirm when the story starts hinting that the hot snek lady that everyone's been horny for might actually be the player's daughter from the future. (My money's on her being the baby-momma, though, and we may finally get the answer next week.)
I have no idea what might be happening in FEH's plot and as far as I can remember it was always dumb, boring garbage. For context, I quit back in early 2019. This was coincidentally shortly before dancer Nephenee happened, so it was probably for the best.
I got up to top tier arena and got a crown once, realized I did not enjoy playing that way at all and also had no more goals to reach.

My immediate thought was the Target Marked skill (I think that's what it was called) and the silliness of repeatedly applying and consuming the debuff.
1685489602367.png
Wheeeeeeee

Hmm... If this mechanic wasn't unplanned, the Marked debuff might have actually worked better as something that only gets consumed on active skills like this instead of normal hits. Maybe something that could stack up to X times, and then active skills would either consume them all at once or use them like charges. Then letting this skill slap four stacks of Marked onto the enemy would be a very viable strategy.
Currently special skill cooldowns are action based and are all >=15 turns so stacking that kind of thing up wouldn't really be possible.

Is Scatterbrained suppose to force you to walk around for 350 turns? I was just cleaning up a dungeon when I told one girl to rest and the other to go to the stairs when they overlapped and the girl with Scatterbrained got the shaken status because she also had Paranoia. It took until the girl stumbled into the rest room and also lost the shaken status for her to finally stop and rest, which took about 350 turns. I have a screenshot of what my screen looked like after it already ended though I don't think that will help much.
... WOW I really did NOT think that buff through at all. Obviously if the status effect doesn't decrease from movement then you can't do much to stop a cycle of getting dazed forever. I don't know what I was thinking there, but I'll have to revert that.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I have no idea what might be happening in FEH's plot and as far as I can remember it was always dumb, boring garbage. For context, I quit back in early 2019.
Ah, so you dipped right before the big reveal that's still remembered as "that one time they actually had a pretty good twist". It actually involved the character I linked, namely that Lif and Thrasir are actually Alfonse and Veronica from an alternate future where they accidentally killed everyone in the world except themselves, then made a deal with Hel to bring back the dead in exchange for killing everyone in an alternate universe.

In any case, I loved the design of those two and wish there was more out there like it. Who would have thought the key to making a skeleton sexy would be to encase it in transparent, human-shaped Jell-O? Or that Jell-O could be made sexier by putting a skeleton inside of it?

Currently special skill cooldowns are action based and are all >=15 turns so stacking that kind of thing up wouldn't really be possible.
Not even from two knights working together? Elli marks an enemy four times at once, then Raine nukes them? I guess I'll have to wait and see how this mechanic is actually implemented, since I'm making a lot of assumptions.

Gonna throw in a lone Tweet this time since I have a question about it.

Tweet said:
So... Does this address the issue of how the AI always attempts to attack a monster or disarm a trap upon entering a room unless you tell them otherwise, or are we gonna have to babysit the knight to make sure she doesn't attempt to cancel this ability every time she's in a situation that would make use of it?

CurseWave

Dec 12, 2018
I think the latest book of FEH is entertaining, if only because of all the memes and shitpost surrounding it. I enjoy the game casually though, I whip it up only if I have nothing better to do... which is shockingly common.

Errr, on topic posting, is the latest events added in 11.1 secretive and hard to find? I don't think I've gotten through all of the experiments special area by now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I think the latest book of FEH is entertaining, if only because of all the memes and shitpost surrounding it.
I love me some time travel bullshit. There's a non-zero chance that the villain is her own daughter and is caught in an infinite incest paradox with the player.

Errr, on topic posting, is the latest events added in 11.1 secretive and hard to find? I don't think I've gotten through all of the experiments special area by now.
It should show up automatically in one of the last five floors. I think it was floor 11. I'm actually not sure if you have to *not* be in the experiments special floor, though... Probably not. It's a main story development and happens as part of basic progression.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
The plot event in A11 should happen at the end of floor 8. If you happen to wind up doing the experiments reference floor instead of floor 8, it'll happen on floor 9. If not there's an issue.

Somewhat related, update... Probably tomorrow honestly. I wanted it to be today but it may be wiser to give it another day to cook.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Update up on itch.io. tl;dr version of the changelog says:

• Added systems for Interaction and Special Skills
  • 2 new camp sexy scenes
  • 2 new traps
  • 19 new skills
  • 2 new curses
  • 3 new monster status effects
But I'm seeing three new scenes in the list? Was one of them added in a previous update and I just missed it, or is it not mentioned in the changelog? (Taking bets on whether it's a scene that wasn't supposed to be added yet and will trigger a bug when it starts because the data isn't all there.)

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes