maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
Praise is fine and dandy, but in order to hire a programmer (being a new goal established by Evakiss few weeks ago) what the project needs is more patrons, lol. Like a thousand more if the ratio $ per patron remains the same; it'll take months if it ever happens.
Oh yeah that's where I saw that "hire a programer" thingie post. Im pretty sure non patreon can see this as its on the overview page. But yeah, either she needs x2 of her current total of patreons to reach her goal, either each og us pledge her for $30 each month haha. Or she could lower her goal, I bet she can still hire a decent programer with her current income and still keep a good amount of cash for herself, shes being a bit greedy on that if you ask me

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah she was talking about hiring a programer or something like that but that won't be for now I think, prob for the next game or toward the end of GGGB if Im not wrong
So far she is keeping a good pace of development, so no prob here. And for the greedy part, idk, people like the dude from DMD was making bank before hiring anyone. Compared to him Evakiss is still a small fish in the Patreon sharks' pool.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Oh yeah that's where I saw that "hire a programer" thingie post. Im pretty sure non patreon can see this as its on the overview page. But yeah, either she needs x2 of her current total of patreons to reach her goal, either each og us pledge her for $30 each month haha. Or she could lower her goal, I bet she can still hire a decent programer with her current income and still keep a good amount of cash for herself, shes being a bit greedy on that if you ask me
From her Patreon:
And a new goal. Some of you pointed that my previous goal had been reached and surpassed long ago. Truth be told, at first I had my doubts that would happen, but you guys have blown me away! So this new goal is not something I "need" but something to aspire to. seeing the support for GGGB grow is awesome motivation for me to keep trying my best at giving you the best game I possibly can.

As I wrote there, my goal is to push as much content, graphic and gameplay-wise, each month. Right now I don't want to spread my efforts into other things that would slow that goal (as of now, the game is almost 270k words, longer than a lot of books!). But in the future I would like to polish the experience, add more art, background music, some sexy voice SFX, a gallery, improve the save mechanics, tweak the UI, etc... Those are just the icing on the cake to me, and first I want to build a fun story full of choices you can enoy!

So, thanks again for sticking with me another awesome month, and if you're new, welcome to GGGB!

So she's saying it's not something she really needs, so if she reaches it or not it's not really important it seems. It looks like she will hire the programmer either wat down the road, most likely when the game is almost finished to polish it up, or at least that's what I understand. So I wouldn't call her greedy, specially when she delivers a lot more than other creators who make much more than her. If anything, I think she should get more support.

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
I bet she can still hire a decent programer with her current income and still keep a good amount of cash for herself, shes being a bit greedy on that if you ask me
I don't know where Evakiss is from, so I don't know things like average programmer salary, income and other taxes and the like; but in my country the short answer would be no: with her actual income you can't hire a half-decent programmer, pay taxes (as high as 45% of your income here) and fees -only the Patreon and processing fees suppose around 7%-15% of the pledges according to a recent Patreon mail- and still keep enough for herself, knowing she apparently left her day job to work full time on the game.

So to appraise the fairness of the goal we should know some data we don't have, but in general no, I won't say of this particular developer that she's being greedy. As a matter of fact taking in consideration the quality and quantity of her updates, the communication with her patrons and general audience (with constant polls, Q&A, suggestion posts, even a fan art contest) and other goodies like the monthly drawing, I would even say that as of now she probably is making less than she deserves.

Last edited:
Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Oh yeah that's where I saw that "hire a programer" thingie post. Im pretty sure non patreon can see this as its on the overview page. ...
She wrote that this goal "is inspirational" and "not something I need". So I dont think she is being greedy here. In this post
she writes she wants to polish the game but only later, presumably after finishing the game. So as for now she has no need for a programmer anyway.
I guess she realized that having no goal is a bad idea because it looks like she doesn't want more money. So she made up a goal. Unfortunately she can't paint/write any faster so she doesn't have a real incentive to offer anyway.

maisbordeldemerde

La rabia del pueblo
Donor
Dec 19, 2016
@Brickman @Cabot @dundun Aight I didnt want to start a debate on whether she's being greedy or not. Yeah I know its not something she wants to do right now, maybe greedy isnt the proper word it might be too strong, Idk, that was only how I felt about that, just my 2cents. I shoulda considered which country she's from tho so yeah maybe Im mistaken about the income needed to hire a good programer, sorry guys.
Isnt she from Germany or the Netherlands? I thought I might have read somewhere either on her patreon or here? Either way thats not something that would cancel my support to her, cuz yeah she's doing a very good job to give us news & communicate with us and providing some rly good quality updates so far

Im a baguette and Im pretty sure in my country you can get a decent (maybe not a great one but at least a decent) programmer for ~$2.5K. Idk about the other countries but it must be something similar in the Netherlands & Germany eg (not sure if shes from there tho, its just for the example)

Anyway I didnt want to start a debate on that topic sorry about that.
Btw @dundun thanks for the updated walkthrough that's really cool. Maybe you could message her on her patreon to send your walkthrough she may appreciate that?

Reactions: dundun

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I was inclined that Eva was French. Also, didn't Eva imply that she was in fact a "he" in a Q&A post? Not that either of these things matter; I just want a wonderful game--which this is! \^-^
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: Spoiler added.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I was inclined that Eva was French. Also, didn't Eva imply that she was in fact a "he" in a Q&A post? Not that either of these things matter; I just want a wonderful game--which this is! \^-^
In one of the previous Q&A, she mentioned that her mother tongue is Spanish.

Which makes me think that Eva in the game is in fact a fictionalized version of the game's author in real life.

Don't see any reasons to suspect she's not female, not that it matters.

Brickman

May 26, 2017
That's a reference to a South Park episode about Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg where they say he's a robot. So she was answering with a joke.

Reactions: dundun

Reila

Nov 13, 2017
Programmers are expensive, but Renpy doesn't exactly require a full stack developer. All you need is someone with enough Renpy experience to implement branches at a decent pace.

The position would likely be a part-time one, considering the art and writing takes longer than implementation. $1000-$2000 per month seems fair.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
South america or there about ( a southern country, could be Italy, Spain or Portugal also )
Italians speak italian, portuguese speak, well, portuguese :). Leaves spain and middle/south america. As there are 40m spanish and 400m latin americans the numbers clearly point to the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Maybe you could message her on her patreon to send your walkthrough she may appreciate that?
If she posts it on her site that would bind me to it update it regularly and timely or else she would get complaints. That would also apply to any bugs in it. I might be off the internet or busy or simply not in the mood to sift through her code and then through my notes to find all the requirements for a scene.
Also she would have probably whipped up something like this by now, if there were a need.

Nov 21, 2016
Italians speak italian, portuguese speak, well, portuguese :). Leaves spain and middle/south america. As there are 40m spanish and 400m latin americans the numbers clearly point to the latter.
Well I'm almost certain that she isn't brazilian, most as my gut feeling is not detecting her as a countrymen, but my gut feeling isn't always right so I can be wrong this time too.

4.70 star(s) 380 Votes