desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So what do you guys think about Our Red String? I have not played it yet, but for some reason, I have the impression that it will be pretty mild compared to GGGB. Does it have the same level of corruption and depravity that is possible on GGGB?

Is my assumption correct that the dual protagonists are going to be a couple? That always leads me to a tough choice on which side to make into a whore lol. When both of them are cheating on each other, I don't know why but it kinda lessens the depravity for me.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
So what do you guys think about Our Red String? I have not played it yet, but for some reason, I have the impression that it will be pretty mild compared to GGGB. Does it have the same level of corruption and depravity that is possible on GGGB?

Is my assumption correct that the dual protagonists are going to be a couple? That always leads me to a tough choice on which side to make into a whore lol. When both of them are cheating on each other, I don't know why but it kinda lessens the depravity for me.
No, ORS is more "realistic" in every way and focuses more on the relationships (both friendship and love/sexuality) between the characters rather than sex. So yes, in some ways it is more mild.

They may or may not be a couple, it depends on the choices, there are so many branches to this game. But a lot of situations are structured so that they will interact. But depending on the choices, you can make them hate each other altogether. I haven't tried that and can't say for sure what would happen in that case, but I can guess that they would stop communicating.

Reactions: desmosome and Back

alexferno

Sep 13, 2021

GGGB is one of my favorite games but ORS is better in many aspects (art, writing, etc).
Although ORS is more grounded and the pace of the story is slower, the game is only half-way done and it's already almost as big as GGGB. Most of the fetishes in GGGB are also present in ORS or will be added in future updates. Eva talked about her plans for ORS in her .
Some routes are still in early stages of development but ORS already has lots of kinky content and it will get kinkier as the story moves forward, that's for sure :devilish:
The new release will come out this Friday... :BootyTime:

Reactions: desmosome and Back

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
No, ORS is more "realistic" in every way and focuses more on the relationships (both friendship and love/sexuality) between the characters rather than sex. So yes, in some ways it is more mild.

They may or may not be a couple, it depends on the choices, there are so many branches to this game. But a lot of situations are structured so that they will interact. But depending on the choices, you can make them hate each other altogether. I haven't tried that and can't say for sure what would happen in that case, but I can guess that they would stop communicating.
Looks like I might be able to enjoy it if I temper my expectations accordingly. I'm not opposed to a more realistic narrative.

alexferno

Sep 13, 2021
Looks like I might be able to enjoy it if I temper my expectations accordingly. I'm not opposed to a more realistic narrative.
And yes, the protagonists can be a couple, Ian can be a loyal beta male and Lena can be a cheating slut or vice versa. The replay value is huge. There's many different paths to choose from :BootyTime:

Reactions: desmosome

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019

It is a different game to GGGB but also similar. Simply put its bigger in ambition and scope with the dev using her experience in GGGB to create a better game.

ORS seems more grounded and slow paced compared to GGGB. But I think thats because the dev is widening her scope for the game.

However the basic gameplay remains the same. Choices! and lots of them and each choice matters and leads to an outcome. Dev is reworking the game a bit. I assume the game got a bit out of hand and dev is streamlining it further.

I am personally not a fan of dual protagonists. Its a distraction for me but I trust the dev. She has earned it after her work so far so I will give her the benefit of doubt.

Reactions: Back and desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It is a different game to GGGB but also similar. Simply put its bigger in ambition and scope with the dev using her experience in GGGB to create a better game.

ORS seems more grounded and slow paced compared to GGGB. But I think thats because the dev is widening her scope for the game.

However the basic gameplay remains the same. Choices! and lots of them and each choice matters and leads to an outcome. Dev is reworking the game a bit. I assume the game got a bit out of hand and dev is streamlining it further.

I am personally not a fan of dual protagonists. Its a distraction for me but I trust the dev. She has earned it after her work so far so I will give her the benefit of doubt.
I should wait for the revamp to drop before playing it though right? I guess the saves will break if the coding is changed significantly.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I should wait for the revamp to drop before playing it though right? I guess the saves will break if the coding is changed significantly.
You could play it just to get a feel for the game and what to expect. I don't expect a drastic change but yeah previous saves will not definitely work.

Practically yeah would suggest to wait for the revamped version but hey if we were practical we would only play completed games :D

Reactions: desmosome

dav121

Oct 13, 2016

A bridge too far for the developer, or several bridges too far..

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020

Exactly what I was thinking but written better!

Reactions: msleomac

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
My first attempt at a fully new image, still have to work out a lot of kinks....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some feedback/ideas would be appreciated!
I like it. Little rough but I think it would be unfair to compare to the original. Looking forward to seeing more.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
My first attempt at a fully new image, still have to work out a lot of kinks....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some feedback/ideas would be appreciated!
Not bad! The lining could use some more work so it's consistent both in the stroke and shade. I imagine you wanted the art to feel immersive and that's why some lines are more defined, while others sort of blend with the skin color, creating this unusual illusion of depth of field. Arthur's back definition and Iris' feet though look strange because if you wanted to go for the depth of field, then Arthur's back would have to have the same soft lines that Iris' feet have.

Another thing that pops out is the difference in color in Iris' face, chest and her left arm and the rest of her body that looks darker in tone for some reason (Jessica would have this skin tone because she's a bit more tanned). Making it all the same color would look better. Arthur's face appears to be lighter in tone compared to the rest of the body as well.

And final nitpick, I wouldn't contour Iris' shoulder all the way like that, but leave some gap somewhere in the middle so it looks like it connects to her neck. Same with Arthur's shoulder blades area, he's nowhere near that ripped to have his muscles look like two separate humps. Like this he looks like Arnold.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I like that there is a good path in this game where Ashley (MC) succeeds, where she is dominant, where she respects herself and others respect her too!
I like the successful and self-respecting Ashley!

Last edited:
Reactions: Back and msleomac

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I like that there is a good path in this game where Ashley (MC) succeeds, where she is dominant, where she respects herself and others respect her too!
I like the successful and self-respecting Ashley!
Yes most fem-prog games have no good path. But I was surprised with this option in this game and the sizable content it had

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Yes most fem-prog games have no good path. But I was surprised with this option in this game and the sizable content it had
Agreed. I've tried various games with similar female POV corruption games that promise you to have a choice, whether to stay "good" or go slutting on a cheating spree, but in the end some games railroad you into corruption and you can only choose between becoming corrupted sooner, or get taken advantage of later. Some games don't even properly develop the "good" path, and after a certain point you can't progress the story if you don't go for the slut option... While the Good path in GGGB is not perfect, at least it's nice to be able to play through the entire game with your set values and integrity and get a proper satisfying ending.

4.70 star(s) 380 Votes