Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
they should come out with Version 9 in the next couple of weeks
They have changed the game over to GODOT, instead of Ren'Py.

First off people need to know the save games can't transfer over
There are also many bug's for them to work out because of using GODOT.
I played the GODOT 0.8.1 Bata2, and there's a lot of extra content, but many things missing, ie the mini menu's, Cash location's, and many bug's.
So there trying to work it all out.

Here is the Post from Patreon,

Goodbye_Eternity-v.0.8.1-beta2

Hi everyone, after months of development and hard work, we're finally able to bring you the godot version of Goodbye Eternity.
You'll be able to test it and make up your own mind. It's important for me to remind you of a few key points:
- We all have different configurations and different machines, so if you come across any bugs or unusual behavior, please report them in the brand-new bug channel.
- Beta version backups will not be compatible with version 0.9
- You may experience performance problems with scenes that still use video as animation.
- The game is no longer made with Renpy, but with the Godot game engine (old savegames are no longer compatible).
Thanks to all those who will contribute to this bug hunt, we can offer a better game for everyone.
The beta version is only available to patrons and on Windows only (there will be an android version of the game, don't worry).

Next Post.

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is well.
I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to bug hunt, you literally make the game better for everyone!
In view of the bugs to be corrected, it is necessary to postpone the release of 0.9 until the end of May.
It won't be possible to offer a bug-free release, as some bugs, such as crashes, require much more time, and we'll have to rewrite a large part of the code, which would push back the release by around 2 months.
Nobody wants that, not me and not you, who've been waiting a long time. We're going to try to set up a system for recovering backups in the event of a crash. But if the crash is too violent, this system won't work. So you'll need to think about backing up frequently if you don't want to lose your backups. Just until we can rectify the problem.
I'm aware that this isn't necessarily what you want to hear or see, but I prefer a transparent relationship with the community.
Take care of yourselves

Newest Post

Post type

Tier

Date

• Show less
    Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I know that many of you are waiting for the fateful announcement of the release of version 0.9 but to my great regret it won't be possible for the end of May.
    We've done all we can to meet the deadline, but we have to face the facts: we're not ready.
    So what's missing? You have the right to know.
    - In the first instance, feedback from the beta has been plentiful, and thanks to you we've been able to make much faster progress. However, there are still many things to correct and optimize. Lots of sound problems, sudden crashes etc.
    - Another point: I've written much more for this update than for all the others.
    > There's the road Noriko Femdom
    > Alternative choices for Sakuya for those who didn't like not being able to refuse our yandere's advances.
    >
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    - Plus all the invisible extras you can't see but which are necessary.
    All these cumulative additions have brought us to this result, so how much longer do we have to postpone this update? I'm going to go for the end of June, so if it's ready before then, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. It'll also avoid pushing too hard on my dear Selenyhr, who's been running at full throttle for months now.
    My apologies again for this report, it will be the last.
    Please take care of yourselves.
This looks really huge and im really excited for this. At first i was disappointed that it hasnt released yet, but seeing how much work they are putting in, this looks very VERY promising and worth it.
Also I like GODOT very much. Looking at another Dev who has been using Godot for 2 games now (*cough* *cough* NoMeme *cough*) , we can pretty much expect only top tier shit for the future.
Lets freaking go!

Reactions: SHREDDER1976

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
That's a lot of of BS, again. "Extra Life" was the initial name of this game, and it got renamed to "Goodbye Eternity" -- use the Search function at the very top to find out more if you're actually interested in "facts". And "Extra Life" wasn't further, because it's the exact same game.

Quote "The name changes but the content remains".

Btw: Have you every read the OP?

Again, absolute horseshit. This is not a remake, it is the same game.
This looks really huge and im really excited for this. At first i was disappointed that it hasnt released yet, but seeing how much work they are putting in, this looks very VERY promising and worth it.
Also I like GODOT very much. Looking at another Dev who has been using Godot for 2 games now (*cough* *cough* NoMeme *cough*) , we can pretty much expect only top tier shit for the future.
Lets freaking go!
The Beta 2 version also has a big update to the game, but they are adding in even more for version 9
So yes , you will really like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeycii_

N.K

Mar 17, 2023
haha break-neck pacing go brrr
My old account was hacked with a spam link that got me kicked off your Discord server. I just created a new account. Admin, can you unban me and let me in? Username is n.k201203.

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
My old account was hacked with a spam link that got me kicked off your Discord server. I just created a new account. Admin, can you unban me and let me in? Username is n.k201203.
If you created a new account, you wouldn't need to be unbanned, no?
Also, "n.k201203"? What exactly do those numbers mean?

Nickly

Mar 25, 2019
Extra Life is the previous game. Second it was further along than this remake. There was no negativity it was a state of fact that the remake has not caught up to the Extra Life previous game. Remakes the old game called Extra Life is a PREVIOUS game.. that is what it means by previous. It's a simple fact.

Second saying that it's not worth playing yet is not negative... I don't watch movies more than once... I don't read books more than once... Since the remake has no real new content and will not until it catches up to Extra Life it's not worth playing because it's playing the old content over again. I am still waiting for another game to catch up to it's old game that is a remake and I am not playing that one until Scarlet Law catches up so again that game is not worth playing until it's gotten caught up for new content.
How about you stick to whatever native language websites you have and stop shitting up this thread with your moronic ESL reading miscomprehensions

N.K

Mar 17, 2023
If you created a new account, you wouldn't need to be unbanned, no?
Also, "n.k201203"? What exactly do those numbers mean?
I permanently deleted my old account and created a new one but I still can't log in. Maybe my IP address was banned.

ChaoticGoon

Aug 21, 2021
I made a review on this game - so I don't wanna paste what I already said about it, just stating it here if anyone's interested in reading my thoughts out.

Anyways. the BIG BLACK GUY MACUMBA is a true brother, shit, I need him IRL.
If any of you know any jacked, tall, black men with an Afro hairdo and the will to sprint after a white guy in a park, please let me know in the DMs. I want to build up endurance and strenght. Willing to share my music player.

Vendovah

Nov 14, 2022
and it's just my name and date of birth in Vietnam.
I was reading it as "2012/03", which in hindsight was baselessly assuming you use the year/month format.
That being said, if it IS 2012/03, that would mean you're 12, which is not old enough to be on these kinds of sites/discord servers.
If you think they went out of their way to ip ban you, it's possible that they made the same assumption that I did.

N.K

Mar 17, 2023
I was reading it as "2012/03", which in hindsight was baselessly assuming you use the year/month format.
That being said, if it IS 2012/03, that would mean you're 12, which is not old enough to be on these kinds of sites/discord servers.
If you think they went out of their way to ip ban you, it's possible that they made the same assumption that I did.
In Vietnam, the date format is day/month/year. I was born on 20/12/2003.

Last edited:

N.K

Mar 17, 2023
Also, I was banned because my old account was compromised by a bot that spammed links to hundreds of other Discord servers. Now I have to ask the admins to unban me.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 174 Votes