MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Sometimes it's an unfortunate need, like with Flexible Survival needing to port over to Godot from Inform because it can't handle the sheer size of the game very well anymore.
I'm not sure that's the case here though.
RenPy handles games with phat assets fairly well, just look at some VNs with tons and tons of 3DCG. It's the more fancy features that may cause trouble.

Reactions: Logan3000x

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
RenPy handles games with phat assets fairly well, just look at some VNs with tons and tons of 3DCG. It's the more fancy features that may cause trouble.
BADIK is a great example of that, and last I checked, this game wasn't even remotely close to that kinda size.

So the update is worthless atm ?
Yes. Think of it as a beta tester update.
0.8.1 is still available, but only really play the newer version if you like bugs.

Feb 1, 2022
This change didn't make much sense to me, since if it was made with the size of the game in mind, wouldn't it be easier to divide the game into 2 parts? the same way REBOOT LOVE does with its games. This was a little disappointing, normally I would manually translate the game into Portuguese (I don't speak English), in the Renpy engine this is actually quite easy to do, but this new engine, I don't even know how to explain it.

croPath

May 10, 2017
Welp, looks like this one is going on the backburner for now. Hopefully in a few updates (if they're managed to iron out the bugs and add back in the basic functionality they lost when they ditched Ren'Py) I might check it out again.

A real shame, this was one of the better ones...
it was lacking some basic functions even in renpy like proper integrated scene replay gallery with unlock option

couillon123

Dec 12, 2023
Completely unnecessary engine change, Renpy is a fine engine that is very versatile.

Seems this is becoming a trend of devs making retarded decisions.

Was going to buy it on GOG, not happening now, good show devs.
it's not a retarded decision, it's a money decision.
He can now say that updates will take more time to happen as he still have to learn better how to use godot while gaining his 15k monthly :WeSmart:

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
I'm honestly pissed , I truly did want to BUY this game but now that will not be happening.
(X) Doubt

Lol. So I've downloaded and launched it, honestly, I'm impressed, both in good and bad ways.

They have diligently recreated RENPY ui to a T. Which says good things about their programmer. And says BAD things about their project manager (if the whole engine switch left any doubts about that lmao), because if you waste time recreating every single unnecessary detail, you're... insane.

Last edited:

iLeNathan

Aug 1, 2017
No offense to the devs but what is it with them and constantly doing engine changes and full game reworks before the game is even finished? It delays a lot of story progression and feels like it kills the hype for their game 99.9% of the time. That .1% is the fraction of the Summertime Saga fanbase that's holding onto hope after all this time.

4.00 star(s) 183 Votes