ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
They said because OPENGL is a pain in the ass and too old, so they switch to Godot and Vulkan
That's nonsense, it's not like you even touch openGL from RenPy level. Everything is encapsulated and kept away from you, to the point that the game may be actually running directX renderer instead of openGL one, if the user so chooses.

ultimatenongay

Feb 16, 2020
Changes like this should really be saved for a new game. Trying to change too much as you develop one game will only take time and resources that should be aimed towards content instead whilst risking your current audience that's been supporting you.

Hope this turns out to be a good idea in the long run.
The devs stated that RenPy was quite literally limiting what they wanted to make. It might slow down or cause some technical issues but treating those early and getting them out of the way sooner will ensure the next updates the game undergoes doesnt break even more and allows the devs to add whatever funky stuff they want that they said they couldnt with Renpy.
Either way it is still a good thing to do now before the end of the first season of the game as the dev hinted at before in the past

Reactions: Marvoch

Clerickones

Jun 7, 2020
Thx,
A guy on the server managed to fix it and overcome this problem, but the admins asked him not to share the save. From what I've seen, if you change the time of day in the save it's possible to skip this step, but I don't know how I would be able to edit the .sav.

drioj

Aug 8, 2020
Thx,
A guy on the server managed to fix it and overcome this problem, but the admins asked him not to share the save. From what I've seen, if you change the time of day in the save it's possible to skip this step, but I don't know how I would be able to edit the .sav.
i will try here

4.10 star(s) 179 Votes