4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

salesman91

Sep 17, 2020

Hi folks !
That's it ! Another project done ! 4 in the bag !
It's a major f-ing relief! I was pushing 2 years working on that game, and the longer it takes the bigger its list of problems grows. And worse... It becomes boring...
Each minute you spent playing with those characters are result of hours of work and messing all that time with the same base assets, story and mechanics become less and less joyful. I couldn't be more grateful for the patrons support, and it helps me a lot to keep my hardware updated, but... The campaigns never reached the status of something I could do for a living, so I keep working on these projects in my free time mainly for the fun of it (however keeping the responsibility that involves being backed by a community).
So... What comes next !?!
Those who are here for a long time know that I like to experiment a lot between projects. I don't like much repeating the same formula, so I use this period to try new stuff, know new games and also have some full nights of sleep for a change.
During this period I release here some playable tech demos, ideas and "conceptual" art". I keep the page up for those who just discovered the old games and want to support, but feel free to pause your pledge until the actual start of a new project if you may.
I'm actually already preparing a tech demo that will be posted here soon.

Keep tuned!
Peace!
Looking forward to it XX

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Great game, good job. Perfect control over which direction you want the game to travel in. (y) Felt a little sorry for Winston, the only thing missing from my ending was the hulk walking away music during his scene.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
For adult games, I know of as a western alternative to Steam. They do have some backstory with censorship, but it's mildly when compared to .
I don't know their cut for publishing your game, but I would assume it's less than Steam's 30% cut.
I submitted Hack'n Stalk 2 to review at Nutaku. I don't know what to feel about the feedback:

1603223824762.png
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK? How the hell did they came to that conclusion?:LOL: :LOL:
I believe it has to do with one of the endings where the MC appears outside the White House, saying there's a "blonde MILF" in there that is his next "target" while Max says to him "not fuck with the Russians". It appears that was too much real world in the face :sneaky:.

I am more amused by the realization that there's a dude out there that play adult games as job...

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I believe it has to do with one of the endings where the MC appears outside the White House, saying there's a "blonde MILF" in there that is his next "target" while Max says to him "not fuck with the Russians". It appears that was too much real world in the face :sneaky:.

I am more amused by the realization that there's a dude out there that play adult games as job...
Likely a trump supporter played your game. :LOL: :LOL:

friendmb

Oct 4, 2020
anybody else have trouble at the beginning of chapter 1 moving the character to the light switch? my player is stuck off to the left and nothing i can do will make him move.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Oh hey, this game is finally finished! I haven't played the last couple of chapters yet, but congrats to the dev for doing it! So many projects get abandoned, it's a relief to see such a good game like this one get completed. I'm looking forward for what comes next!
I feel like there should still be more to the story (especially certain branches), though. Maybe a part 2 would be in order. :)

D

Deleted member 225296

The Architect

I am confused now. Is there a 1.0.1 for Windows? The thread was updated with the 1.0.1 version for Mac, but the Windows version remains at 1.0.0.
Someone pm'ed me a 1.0.1 version from another website, but their download link is Keep2Share, which is terrible, and I haven't been able to download it thus far to check it out.

I am still awaiting for your hotfix to start with my playthrough.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi folks!
I always been curious about working with a real time 3D system and this tech demo is the result of a couple o weeks messing with the third dimension Unity offers. Main main goal was to make a proof of concept of a very basic character clothing system and learning a bit about Unity's real time illumination system. I don't plan to use player controlled character movement in a 3D game yet (it's a huge pain to make it right), but to build scenes with characters than can be much more dynamic than those in a 2D game.
But... Is real time 3D really better than 2D ? Of course, there are pros and cons.
The Good
It's MUCH easier to implements concepts of character/environment customization in a realtime 3D game, and it's my main interest on trying it. On a 2D game, each combination of customization/pose/animation needs to be pre-rendered or combined in some paper doll system that most of the time and have a lot of limits in terms if animation.
Setting up characters and simple environments in a 3D game takes a more of work on the beginning, but once the foundation is done it's a lot easier to expand animation, illumination and camera angles without having to render countless images again and again (and waiting a lot for these renders). Animations can be combined in real time and produce some nice results.
The Bad
One more dimension adds a plethora of possible new problems. It demands better system specs, it can generate more different results in different hardware / drivers, it asks for a lot of work in optimization of models, textures and low level stuff I not much into, like real time shaders. Stuff like hair and "fluids" are also very hard to make right in real time 3D.
The Ugly, I mean... the Art
Which one looks better? Well... This is a mostly based on personal opinion. 3D can have great visuals (if you have a big team on a studio), but making a 2D scene "beautiful" is much easier in a one man army. It's hard to tell if I could make something not much visually below the previous games. Also, there are "license complications" when using some third party assets in a real time 3D system.
So... What's you opinion? Run the tech demo, move the camera around, try different clothes and "shapes". Then post what do you think of it.. It would be cool to hear your thoughts.

[DOWNLOAD] (winx64)

Peace !

Elixi0r57

Apr 13, 2019
It's great to have the option to change the language. Has anyone started French patch ?
Un français dans le coin ? ^^

4.70 star(s) 149 Votes