4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

Kraxusnz

Mar 15, 2019
Has anyone encountered this weird dialogue error? Looks like it's displaying the string variable names instead of the actual dialogue:
1687111156184.png
It's always in square brackets and hyphenated.
Couldn't find the solution to this when I searched and couldn't find a help channel, so here I am. Thanks!

Kraxusnz

Mar 15, 2019
Has anyone encountered this weird dialogue error? Looks like it's displaying the string variable names instead of the actual dialogue:
View attachment 2706449
It's always in square brackets and hyphenated.
Couldn't find the solution to this when I searched and couldn't find a help channel, so here I am. Thanks!
Looks to be a file-path issue. Putting it at the root level of one of my harddrives fixed the problem :)

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Just a question, in the settings, is it possible to run the game at higher settings than 1080p?

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Just a question, in the settings, is it possible to run the game at higher settings than 1080p?
As far as I can see on my version (v1.0.1, x86), the maximum resolution to set during the launch configuration is 1600 x 900.

However, for Unity games you can add startup commands; just create a new link for Goons Raid Her.exe / edit the link settings / at line "target" add after "...Goons Raid Her.exe" -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 (resp. your wanted resolution).

Just start the game with the new link and ignore the depicted resolution setting during the launch configuration, the game will start with your added resolution.

Of course the game resolution is only scaled, there are no higher texture resolutions etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qixoni

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
As far as I can see on my version (v1.0.1, x86), the maximum resolution to set during the launch configuration is 1600 x 900.

However, for Unity games you can add startup commands; just create a new link for Goons Raid Her.exe / edit the link settings / at line "target" add after "...Goons Raid Her.exe" -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 (resp. your wanted resolution).

Just start the game with the new link and ignore the depicted resolution setting during the launch configuration, the game will start with your added resolution.
With mine, the version availble here, 1.0.1, it let´s you set at launch 1920x1080 at max, but my display is higher resolution than than, and 16:10, but that part isn´t a issue, i just wanted better resolution if possible. Gonna try what you said. Thanks.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
are you meaning higher resolution of the pictures ingame
Well, more like the game itself as a whole. Renpy VN´s when opening adjusts to your resolution. An upscale let´s say it. It´s more in line with that.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Well, more like the game itself as a whole. Renpy VN´s when opening adjusts to your resolution. An upscale let´s say it. It´s more in line with that.
if you are playing in windows mode you only have
1 option and that's the same as your desktop resolution
but in full screen you should see 1920x1080
so check about you have unticked the windows mode

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
if you are playing in windows mode you only have
1 option and that's the same as your desktop resolution
but in full screen you should see 1920x1080
so check about you have unticked the windows mode
Yes, full screen i can select 1920x1080p. Window mode is not an option, it only opens in a small widow and i can´t maximize it.
My resolution is 2880x1800p, but i know the unity games here don´t go that high, but at least a bit more than 1080p

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Yes, full screen i can select 1920x1080p. Window mode is not an option, it only opens in a small widow and i can´t maximize it.
My resolution is 2880x1800p, but i know the unity games here don´t go that high, but at least a bit more than 1080p
try to set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 =16:9
or something there are near 16:10 but under 1080
probably around 1600x900 <---- that's also 16:9 not sure what it is when it's 16:10
but i often use ResizeEnable especial in unitygames
cos sometimes there aren't the small window up in right corner of the game

Last edited:

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Is there a problem with my explanations above? Does the resolution change not work?

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
try to set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 =16:9
or something there are near 16:10 but under 1080
probably around 1600x900 <---- that's also 16:9 not sure what it is when it's 16:10
but i often use ResizeEnable especial in unitygames
cos sometimes there aren't the small window up in right corner of the game
You are missing the point. I already played this game 3 times already to the end. This time, i just want to know if there any way to get a higher resolution in the game itself, higher than 1080p, if not, it´s okay. I was just curious, nothing more.
Wonder Slave trainer for instance supports a 2k resolution as well, besides 1080p, that´s it

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Is there a problem with my explanations above? Does the resolution change not work?
Not really, it´s just that i don´t know how to do what you said. I see nowhere to create a new "link" when i right click on the exe.

will_990

Donor
May 21, 2018
Not really, it´s just that i don´t know how to do what you said. I see nowhere to create a new "link" when i right click on the exe.
My apologies, I'm a German speaker (link = Verknuepfung) and didn't know the exact term in English. :)

I meant: create a shortcut for your Goons Raid Her.exe (see ) => right click the exe / create shortcut / right click the shortcut and edit settings (at the bottom) / at line "location? or path?" add after "...Goons Raid Her.exe" -screen-width 2880 -screen-height 1800 (resp. your wanted resolution).

I hope it's more comprehensible now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: vimmers and Qixoni

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
My apologies, I'm German speaking (link = Verknuepfung) and didn't know the exact term in English. :)

I meant: create a shortcut for your Goons Raid Her.exe (see ) => right click the exe / create shortcut / right click the shortcut and edit settings (at the bottom) / at line "location? or path?" add after "...Goons Raid Her.exe" -screen-width 2880 -screen-height 1800 (resp. your wanted resolution).

I hope it's more comprehensible now. :)
Ah, so that was it, i already had a shortcut created and sent to desktop, i do that with all the games. And now i did what you said, edited, and then started the game without touching anything, just play, and, well, the image looks more cleaner.
Many thanks.
Just wanted to play again with a little more quality and it seems it worked.

Reactions: vimmers

Prinplup

Aug 6, 2016
Run in powershell to unlock all trophies/endings. Should work even if you have some unlocked previously, lmk if it does not work
Any chance for a pin, if this is still working? IK powershell is a bit iffy but the script itself is trivial to inspect

Gogi3

May 22, 2023
When I tried extracting the file it suddenly stopped and said some files are corrupted. How do I fix this?

4.70 star(s) 149 Votes