4.70 star(s) 149 Votes

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
It's a shame the game doesn't have a proper save system or gallery implemented. Honestly, I wonder why devs use Unity at all. It's a pretty difficult engine and the ero games made in it never seem like they actually needed any of the Unity functions.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It's a shame the game doesn't have a proper save system or gallery implemented. Honestly, I wonder why devs use Unity at all. It's a pretty difficult engine and the ero games made in it never seem like they actually needed any of the Unity functions.
The saves just take some getting used to yeah it's not the greatest but as long as it works, and I think for this type of game unity is the best option I'm not sure what other engines the dev could use and don't say RPGM :p

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Multi-layered state machine animation system.
Visual animation editor
Particle system
Post-processing engine
Sprite mesh editor supporting 2d bone animation
Visual collider editor
Direct access to game loop
High quality DXT image compression
C# scripting

But, yes. it usually demands more time.

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
Multi-layered state machine animation system.
Visual animation editor
Particle system
Post-processing engine
Sprite mesh editor supporting 2d bone animation
Visual collider editor
Direct access to game loop
High quality DXT image compression
C# scripting

But, yes. it usually demands more time.
So would it take less time or more time to do the typical Daz rendering and Ren'py combo the average dev does? Cause the walking/gameplay sections could simply be recreated with the typical render slide.

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So would it take less time or more time to do the typical Daz rendering and Ren'py combo the average dev does? Cause the walking/gameplay sections could simply be recreated with the typical render slide.
Making a typical VN with still images/pre-rendered animations and some superficial branching is obviously much quicker in Ren'Py. However, as an engine focused on a specific workflow, it restrains your ideas because breaking out of it's default behavior is much harder (making a lot of games to feel pretty much the same). This doesn't change the fact that lots of the most popular games follow the formula, leading players to 'miss' Ren'py features. So... usually this makes me wonder why the heck do I try do do something different (for fun, basically)

I never digged much into Ren'Py though (hate the dynamic typing mess of Python). What is a render slide?
Specifically the exploration scenes are all based on collision boxes hierachy (not available in Renpy).

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Making a typical VN with still images/pre-rendered animations and some superficial branching is obviously much quicker in Ren'Py. However, as an engine focused on a specific workflow, it restrains your ideas because breaking out of it's default behavior is much harder (making a lot of games to feel pretty much the same). This doesn't change the fact that lots of the most popular games follow the formula, leading players to 'miss' Ren'py features. So... usually this makes me wonder why the heck do I try do do something different (for fun, basically)

I never digged much into Ren'Py though (hate the dynamic typing mess of Python). What is a render slide?
Specifically the exploration scenes are all based on collision boxes hierachy (not available in Renpy).
I used to love ren'py until you came along with your games and corrupted me. Honestly as pain staking as unity is in your case it works, every game you make is better than the last and the dedication to your craft shows alot. Still images are great dont get me wrong but this is just like playing a proper pc game high graphics and all.
Never i repeat never move to Ren'Py your games are amazing the only problem i have with your games is that there are not more like them. Makes other games look like crap in comparison imho. Keep up the good work and very much looking forward to the next upate

Reactions: Tarona

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
What is a render slide?
I'm referring to the way you move around in a Ren'py game. There's usually an arrow or several arrows that if pressed will direct you to another room/environment. It's much quicker.

I congratulate you for doing something different, since I agree that Ren'py tends to be pretty limited. It's just that almost every Unity game like this that I've played has the exact same problems, with a messy save system, absent or janky galleries and inconsequential gameplay sections.

Reactions: OGRey

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I'm referring to the way you move around in a Ren'py game. There's usually an arrow or several arrows that if pressed will direct you to another room/environment. It's much quicker.

I congratulate you for doing something different, since I agree that Ren'py tends to be pretty limited. It's just that almost every Unity game like this that I've played has the exact same problems, with a messy save system, absent or janky galleries and inconsequential gameplay sections.
I imagine save system will be ironed out in time aswell as a gallery. Same as hack and stalk 2. Just takes time to implement them and tbh I would rather the dev focus on content and smoothing engine out before adding it anyway. As saves are not really compatible from one version to another as they cause bugs, stats drop to zero or game crashes. Give him time and those issues you speak about will be addressed.

Boombaru23

Aug 11, 2017
Can anybody help me?I've checked the walkthrough but I don't understand how to get the Bribe the Guard the second time.

Spong3

Aug 1, 2017
Can anybody help me?I've checked the walkthrough but I don't understand how to get the Bribe the Guard the second time.
You need to jump the wall to the village then don't take the gun or fight and you end up in the cell the first time. Then bribe the guard and go along with that scene.

Then go and try to free the elder, then head back and try to get into jail. Annoy the guard till he puts you back in the cells and then you can get the second scene in the cells.

Reactions: Wener

RayAnimus

Dec 1, 2018
just a quick check for people here, does getting her violent / corrupted / trust etc etc have any effect in the current build? will i get different outcomes because of the level? does it lock certain things if the level is not met?

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte
4.70 star(s) 149 Votes