Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
If it wasn't moderated, all games with NTR would be reviewbombed by harem-only supremacists. Now, when I even see NTR mentioned in a bad review, I automatically assume 99% of the reason you gave it 1 star is because you're just an NTR hater and I'm not even gonna take you seriously.

Having it unmoderated would tell us absolutely nothing about "consensus in the community", because people don't hate on vanilla/harem games but their fans often like to hate and shame all other fetishes. That would make it seem like most of the site only like vanilla/harem games but that is not the case, they are just more vocal in their hate for other tags. In reality, most people here simply don't care about fetishes they are not into and lots of people like things that are not vanilla.

I am not saying this moderation is perfect but you should realize that rating score would be be even MORE useless if it was unmoderated.
Maybe if we didn't have a bunch of babies on this site who can't cope with the fact that people enjoy stuff they don't, we could have a looser review policy.
I disagree with this, and I say this as a fan of ntr games (well swinging games, but they're often grouped under). Moderation isn't neccesarily bad; but the manner in which it's done in removes all critical discussion and analysis of how effectively sexual themes are use in the game.

Imagine a movie reviewer trying to convey the story and quality of a film to potential viewers without making any reference to the genre or content. By this standard, someone like Eli Roth is one of the world's best directors, because within his genre of gore-horror he's one of the best known names.

I think the better standard would just be to moderate civility, and remove uncivil posts. I'm fine with people saying "This game had swinging scenes and I personally don't like that stuff, so I'm rating it lower." As long as they're polite, that conveys the content of the game - and people that dont like that stuff will avoid, and ppl that like it will enjoy. Right now it's this intellectually dishonest game of "well it's in the tags you should know"- which is baloney because tags don't convey the relative quantity or implementation of themes.

THAT UNRELATED ASIDE, I'm here to figure out - does this having swinging themes? Or is it more cheating type stuff? Wondering if it's worth a try...

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I disagree with this, and I say this as a fan of ntr games (well swinging games, but they're often grouped under). Moderation isn't neccesarily bad; but the manner in which it's done in removes all critical discussion and analysis of how effectively sexual themes are use in the game.

Imagine a movie reviewer trying to convey the story and quality of a film to potential viewers without making any reference to the genre or content. By this standard, someone like Eli Roth is one of the world's best directors, because within his genre of gore-horror he's one of the best known names.

I think the better standard would just be to moderate civility, and remove uncivil posts. I'm fine with people saying "This game had swinging scenes and I personally don't like that stuff, so I'm rating it lower." As long as they're polite, that conveys the content of the game - and people that dont like that stuff will avoid, and ppl that like it will enjoy. Right now it's this intellectually dishonest game of "well it's in the tags you should know"- which is baloney because tags don't convey the relative quantity or implementation of themes.
That……makes no sense to me. So in your opinion, a review about a horror movie that simply says “Yeah this is a horror movie and I dont like horror movies so I’m giving it 1/5” Is that a fair and useful review that deserves to count in its review score??

You can critique tags and kinks in a game for the way it is portrayed, but you need to be open for that kink to begin with for your review to have any value. Review bombing a game because it has a tag/kink you dont like tells people absolutely nothing about weather its a good game or not. It just tells us that a vocal minority of absolute dumbasses cant ignore things they dont enjoy.

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That……makes no sense to me. So in your opinion, a review about a horror movie that simply says “Yeah this is a horror movie and I dont like horror movies so I’m giving it 1/5” Is that a fair and useful review that deserves to count in its review score??

You can critique tags and kinks in a game for the way it is portrayed, but you need to be open for that kink to begin with for your review to have any value. Review bombing a game because it has a tag you dont like tells people absolutely nothing about weather its a good game or not. It just tells us that a vocal minority of absolute dumbasses cant ignore things they dont enjoy.
No of course not - I read that the same as you would; a lazy review.

There's a subtle distinction between giving a game a low score with no additional information, and giving a low score while explaining why you didnt like it. I'm willing to accept the latter, because without that exception - we get the situation as it is currently: any talk of any tags or kinks (which in this context, really means "SUBJECT MATTER") is verboten.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm less concerned with low-score-review-bombs, and more concerned with lazy, low-information reviews. If a review gives a low score but goes into detail about what that player didn't like; it gives the next potential player more information to make their decision.

And ultimately - we both know the way it is now is just lip service - it's easy to score a game negatively based on the tags, but conceal that by constructing a seemingly thoughtful (but disengenuous) review, a la "Renders were decent; but I didnt like story pacing" etc.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
No of course not - I read that the same as you would; a lazy review.

There's a subtle distinction between giving a game a low score with no additional information, and giving a low score while explaining why you didnt like it. I'm willing to accept the latter, because without that exception - we get the situation as it is currently: any talk of any tags or kinks (which in this context, really means "SUBJECT MATTER") is verboten.

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm less concerned with low-score-review-bombs, and more concerned with lazy, low-information reviews. If a review gives a low score but goes into detail about what that player didn't like; it gives the next potential player more information to make their decision.

And ultimately - we both know the way it is now is just lip service - it's easy to score a game negatively based on the tags, but conceal that by constructing a seemingly thoughtful (but disengenuous) review, a la "Renders were decent; but I didnt like story pacing" etc.
Hmm it seems like we agree. So what exactly would you change with how reviews are moderated now? From the looks of it, you can do everything you described. Afaik, they only remove reviews that is obviously just kink shaming and very low effort. Sure, lazy positive reviews tend to be embraced more as long as it isn't spam/bots.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Hmm it seems like we agree. So what exactly would you change with how reviews are moderated now? From the looks of it, you can do everything you described. Afaik, they only remove reviews that is obviously just kink shaming and very low effort. Sure, lazy positive reviews tend to be embraced more as long as it isn't spam/bots.
ill wrap this up because I dont wanna impinge on game thread further - but id remove the theme/kink discussion block. As it is right now, it's extremely subjective and a dev can get a review removed if it even mentions any tags in less than a positive light, even in a civil manner. I'd allow prominent discussion of how applicable the tags are to the game, as long as it's polite.

In short, "ProGamerJohnny's REVIEW RULES" would look like this: 1) Be respectful/polite, uncivil posts will be removed.
That's it. That's all. (except maybe purging completely low effort 2 liners)

On the topic of this game, have you played? Is there swinging content?

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
ill wrap this up because I dont wanna impinge on game thread further - but id remove the theme/kink discussion block. As it is right now, it's extremely subjective and a dev can get a review removed if it even mentions any tags in less than a positive light, even in a civil manner. I'd allow prominent discussion of how applicable the tags are to the game, as long as it's polite.

In short, "ProGamerJohnny's REVIEW RULES" would look like this: 1) Be respectful/polite, uncivil posts will be removed.
That's it. That's all. (except maybe purging completely low effort 2 liners)
I largely agree, except that part about any review should be allowed as long as it is polite. Again, I think you can criticize a kink in the way its represented without badmouthing the kink itself but it requires the reviewer to go in depth on the kink and the way its shown and works, which haters usually can't bc they don't like it to begin with and usually didn't even play the content.

On the topic of this game, have you played? Is there swinging content?
I actually haven't played yet. I tend to wait for games to complete or be near completion before I give it a go but this is def on my watchlist :p

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 16 Votes