Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So this is basically mtl, the manual translation description almost made me think that this was a real translation.
Its very misleading and you should use "edited mtl" instead.
That is semantics. If a translation is good and accurate it doesn't matter how the translator did it. I don't care if they looked up every word in the dictionary or on romajidesu, if they are accurately conveying the text to english by there own hands (which the translator has stated) they translating it manually. How is using a website to look up terms for your translation different then using a dictionary or reference material? By your logic if the translator consulted any outside source it is an MTL.

People are way to obsessed with whether a translator is using MTL or not. If the quality is good which by all rights everyone seems to agree it is. Who gives a shit if the translator used an outside source?

Eliza12

May 2, 2017
That is semantics. If a translation is good and accurate it doesn't matter how the translator did it. I don't care if they looked up every word in the dictionary or on romajidesu, if they are accurately conveying the text to english by there own hands (which the translator has stated) they translating it manually. How is using a website to look up terms for your translation different then using a dictionary or reference material? By your logic if the translator consulted any outside source it is an MTL.

People are way to obsessed with whether a translator is using MTL or not. If the quality is good which by all rights everyone seems to agree it is. Who gives a shit if the translator used an outside source?
If no one cares then maybe don't try to mislead people, and call it for what it is. An edited mtl. Just because the "translator" made it read well doesn't mean that its accurate. How can he know that its accurate if he doesn't understand the language?

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
If no one cares then maybe don't try to mislead people, and call it for what it is. An edited mtl. Just because the "translator" made it read well doesn't mean that its accurate. How can he know that its accurate if he doesn't understand the language?
From what I've seen the translation is done well. Who says the translator doesn't understand the language? Even if you're a native speaker it's probably faster to MTL and then edit than to type out every single word by hand. If you're disappointed in the translation then you're either fluent in japanese and can just play the original and stfu and fuck off, or you're just retarded. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I really have no desire to get in a internet fight with how you feel betrayed because a translator claimed to manual translate a game and you disagree.

For most humans manually means by hand so if he typed up every word himself it is manually translated regardless of what little caveat you want to pull out of the sky to prove otherwise. I'm sure you have plenty of rebuttals just waiting to throw at me to try and prove I'm wrong. Frankly I don't care to be completely honest so let's cut to the chase and agree to disagree.

Secondly, unless you can show me the results of your N5 linguistic competency exam in the Japanese language I really don't have much faith you are qualified to judge the accuracy of this translation. You have no idea if it is accurate or not. You would rather assume it is wrong just to have a justification to be mad about this translation and how you were slighted.

if you don't feel it is a "real" translation that's your choice. I'm not here to change your mind and your feeling are warranted but there's no reason to cop an attitude with the translator. His effort shows and he did a good job IMHO. besides, be honest would you really have known the difference if the translator hadn't told you how he did the work?

Eliza12

May 2, 2017
From what I've seen the translation is done well. Who says the translator doesn't understand the language? Even if you're a native speaker it's probably faster to MTL and then edit than to type out every single word by hand. If you're disappointed in the translation then you're either fluent in japanese and can just play the original and stfu and fuck off, or you're just retarded. I'm leaning toward the latter.
How about tagging it correctly? If it was tagged correctly I would not be complaining. If you are fine with consuming mtl good for you, but plenty of others like me aren't, which is why mtl was started being tagged as such in the first place. So play whatever you want but don't try to mislead others into thinking that it was a real translation.

EDIT:
Silentce the translators himself said that he used translator++, even if he rewrote everything and typed it in manually the fact still stands that it used a mtl as base, and as such should be tagged correctly.

Reactions: ZX03

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
How about tagging it correctly? If it was tagged correctly I would not be complaining. If you are fine with consuming mtl good for you, but plenty of others like me aren't, which is why mtl was started being tagged as such in the first place. So play whatever you want but don't try to mislead others into thinking that it was a real translation.
You are sorely mistaken if you think this translation reads anything like a "raw" MTL translation. It's a good translation. I could not have guessed that this was MTL in a million years. If that's not good enough for you then I guess fuck off then.

Reactions: rainin727

Eliza12

May 2, 2017
You are sorely mistaken if you think this translation reads anything like a "raw" MTL translation. It's a good translation. I could not have guessed that this was MTL in a million years. If that's not good enough for you then I guess fuck off then.
I didn't claim that it reads badly, sure he is a good editor, he edited it to a readable state. But regardless of that it should be tagged correctly as he himself said that he used translator++.

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018

EDIT:
Silentce the translators himself said that he used translator++, even if he rewrote everything and typed it in manually the fact still stands that it used a mtl as base, and as such should be tagged correctly.
This may surprise you but most profesional translators use machine translation for a first draft since it's just faster. Especially considering there are some pretty good translation programs out there, the only reason you wouldn't do it is cause you don't have access to one, and then you have to translate it 100% manually like a pleb.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Hmm, I did some digging on the ci-en blog of the developer and I found some fun stuff about the next game in the series
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
4 Hero better not steal II Hero's little elf...

Also, this one feels like a letdown compared to II, which is seen as universally the best so far.

I was just a generic female protagonist getting raped RPG like the dozens of others.

I and III, from the previous, almost feel like the same game.
While II is the superior wholesome one.

Reactions: kratoscar2008

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018

EDIT:
Using Translator++ and MTL is not mutually exclusive. Some fan translators and professional translators as well use Translator ++. They just do the work manually because the UI is easier for them to deal with then going though notepad or the engine. Shit, I know for a fact that there are major publishers with games on this site that use RPGTrans as part of their toolkit and RPGTrans is way worse with batch translation then T++ ever was. They just don't use the auto translate features because they don't need to.

I can see where using T++ could be BENEFICIAL actually. It is easy to copy to excel, then translate it manually by hand and copy it back to the game T++ to import to the game when you are finished. Or why even copy it out? Just use the program itself and replace the Japanese text with English. It makes formatting easier and saves time. Again, if the quality is good why is it a problem? You clearly can't read Japanese so at this point I don't understand why this is an issue.... You are just complaining for the sake of complaining I guess.

Torrent69583

May 5, 2020
Hey Translator, i know you can see this. Thankyou so much for your hard work and putting this out as fast as you could. I hope you took care of your health and life matters before you finished this. You are amazing and much loved <3

michika

Jun 13, 2017
As long as translator know the Japanese and know what is MTL stand for. Unless its from google translated or uhhh deepl(?) and edited it for grammar friendly user sake, then it should be flagged as edited MTL.

Edit: Im not implying this works is edited MTL, im stating the fact lol.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Troqu
4.20 star(s) 17 Votes