aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but there are some BGM errors. First at the house with yhe heart, people in the south part of the city, and the second event of the port, i see just now.
i tried exactly as you said but it still crashes midgame with the error "Unable to find file:Audio/BGS?[Japanese writing] 1 0 and a square" ....
Same here, exactly what i got. Which prevents entering the houses with a heart icon on top, and also cannot view the scene with two people doing it in public at the park either.
I have a feeling you didn't extract with Japanese encoding as described in that other commenter's explanation.

Open your "Gran Ende/Audio/BGM/" folder. Inside, you should see this (look at the filenames in kanji):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you see this instead, you did something wrong (look at the filenames with garbled and random characters):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To fix it:
1. Download and install
2. Download the gran_ende.zip from the OP again (if you've already deleted it)​
3. Right click the downloaded gran_ende.zip, click "Open with WinRAR"​
4. After it opens, click the Options menu at the top and select "Name Encoding >> 932 (ANSI/OEM Japanese Shift-JIS)"​
5. Drag the Gran Ende folder from the WinRAR window to your desktop (or whereever you want it saved)​
6. Check the BGM folder (or any of the other folders for that matter) to verify that it shows kanji in the filenames as above​

You will also likely need to run the game in Japanese Locale. If you don't know how to do that, see this post for more information: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/

I use "HF pAppLoc" from that post, on Win7 64bit and it works great. After installing it, just right click the .exe of the game you want to play and select "Run with Japanese locale as administrator". Install this once and you won't ever have to worry about the "hassle" of Japanese locale games in the future, because 99% of the time AppLoc will work without issue. For the other 1% NTLEA seems to be more effective (again, see above post for more info on this). This is, of course, provided that you extracted the game correctly as described above.

Good luck.

(EDIT: Changed instructions to numbered list for better clarity, and corrected the locale emulators I use)

Last edited:

GG Jack

Apr 5, 2018
I checked within the .rar of 3 different sources and the file the game says is missing is not within the .rar...
Can someone upload only that audio file?

edit: Extracted in japanese, files in japanese, running in japanese, that file is still missing and it is not in any of the 3 .rar I downloaded from 3 different sources here in f95.

Could someone provide me a copy of only that file, if possible?

There is a file with this name instead: BGM ・鴣・鰰.ogg

if someone at least Ctrl C Ctrl V the name of the audio file, it already helps, as I can make an empty file to put in its place and have mute scene instead, but it will at least not crash the game, I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: Saralds800

Delphi

Jul 8, 2018
Where is Dumon? Unlocked everything except his chain of events. I must be blind.

ilian82

May 20, 2017
Was anyone able to defeat Yellow Dragon(optional bossl) in the tower of trials?That thing is a real pain.You can get to the Tower of Trials by talking to Ku in her apartment at one point in the game.
There you will face different kind of bosses which gives you acces to some nice things if you able to beat them.
At the very top is Yellow Dragon.Very annoying boss who can one shot you and inflict all kind off status effects.
Status effects can be countered with a accessory you can get if spend enough nights at the expensive inn.
But so far have no idea how to survive his one shot spell.I was able to get pass it only once by somehow stunning him.
Otherwise the only way I think is level grinding and buying stat boosting items.

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
Where is Dumon? Unlocked everything except his chain of events. I must be blind.
He will approach you if you try to enter "the park" in the bottom right corner of the city. You can go there to sleep (and get raped) if you are out of money. Just go there during a day and Dumon should approach you and offer you a bed in his house.
btw. 100+ lust is needed for the last event with him so work on this stat during the day/night in between watching his events.

Delphi

Jul 8, 2018
Any idea where i could find this "Flirty Adventurer"?
The first event for the Flirty adventurer is at the Forest Temple, iirc. It's the only event outside of the city. The 2nd event with him is at the non-sex brothel. I don't know if the day is important though. Final event will be in the regular inn.

He will approach you if you try to enter "the park" in the bottom right corner of the city. You can go there to sleep (and get raped) if you are out of money. Just go there during a day and Dumon should approach you and offer you a bed in his house.
btw. 100+ lust is needed for the last event with him so work on this stat during the day/night in between watching his events.
Thanks. I never walked into that exclamation mark because I assume that I'd end up sleeping there. In the end, it was the trigger to his chain of events. Managed to get it all now.

Reactions: mao-disgaea

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
I can't wait for Gran Ende 2 to be translated!!! Someone get to work on that please! :D

FyeNyo

Jul 8, 2017
so this game will make you grind to get the End, but almost all the H-scene obtainable before unlocking forest temple?
=w=")

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Just out of curiosity, can you get all scenes WITHOUT "buying" lust?

FYI, you can buy charm and lust items from a building to the right of one of the heart buildings. in the day time it will say to return at night.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
You need to go to the room filled with bookshelves. There should be a sparkly thing on the table. I missed this at first too.
All that is, is a riddle. The key to that room is in a room with a skeleton. You can see it behind a locked gate. the room to the north has a hole in the wall.

Now I'm trying to find my way into the silver door.

EDIT: Ok it's the mirror next to it. That table seems like it's needed though as she wouldn't have had the clue she needed without it.

Watters

Nov 9, 2017
In case anyone is interested, I have a 100% full save with Iria in the Recollection Room equipped with the strongest stuff in the game (this includes the rewards gained from the Secret Boss at the top of the Tower). I thought this game was fairly decent with good CGs, though the text was a bit slow at times, even when I was holding down Ctrl.

Nov 15, 2017
Was anyone able to defeat Yellow Dragon(optional bossl) in the tower of trials?That thing is a real pain.You can get to the Tower of Trials by talking to Ku in her apartment at one point in the game.
There you will face different kind of bosses which gives you acces to some nice things if you able to beat them.
At the very top is Yellow Dragon.Very annoying boss who can one shot you and inflict all kind off status effects.
Status effects can be countered with a accessory you can get if spend enough nights at the expensive inn.
But so far have no idea how to survive his one shot spell.I was able to get pass it only once by somehow stunning him.
Otherwise the only way I think is level grinding and buying stat boosting items.
I did kill the dragon but it's quite long and you must be carefull during battle to have enough HP to tank the charged attack. I think that upgrading defense, magic defense and speed (with drugs) is recquired so you can tank damage easier and always strike first (not to maximum but I would say to about 20 ~ 30 /50, or more, is a minimum, + LVL50).
To survive the charged attack you need to have at least 2050 ~ 2100 HP and simply use guard, it seems to halve damage by 2 (base damage is about 4000 ~ 4100). Even with higher magic defense it doesn't seem to lower the damage, or if it is the reduction is really low (I boosted my magical defense to maximum with drugs and potions and I still get a bit more than 2000 damage, almost identical to the damage without all boosts).
You can also use the skill "Heal guard" which heals you (by 600 ~ 800 HP) and guard on the same time, but you need to have a shield equipped. The skill seems even better than the regular guard because damage is reduced to about 1600. And because the boss does quite a lot of damage, using the skill can save you if you have less than 2000 HP when the boss prepares its attack. The skill is given by a NPC in town, I think he's inside the pub.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
He will approach you if you try to enter "the park" in the bottom right corner of the city. You can go there to sleep (and get raped) if you are out of money.
Really? Damn, I never slept there because the first time you go in there the game itself tells you that there are no H-scenes there. I went there at the very beginning of the game expecting to see a scene and when I saw that message, I never went back. Liars!

At least now I have a reason to fire the game back up though, haha. Thanks for the post about that, I'd have completely overlooked it otherwise.

4.10 star(s) 11 Votes