Janus_Apex

Mar 14, 2020
After finishing chapter 1, I can delete it or not, because my save files are saved in the appdata folder. Let's say I deleted it and installed part 2. Then I installed the mode and started playing and continued where I left off. Did I understand correctly? My second question is that after installing Part 2, I guess I don't need to install the 35>36 update patch?
You can delete the 1st chapter once you have finished it.
The 2nd chapter is always up-to-date. You only need the update patch if it's higher than the one you downloaded: if your version is v0.36, no need, however if you downloaded v0.35 then you'll need it. If you have another version (<v0.35) then you need to download the full chapter 2.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
If v0.37 comes after v0.36, most probably v0.36>v0.37 patch will come and I will install it, right?
If you finished part 1 until then, then yes you'll need it
But if I'm not wrong v0.37 comes out for public today or tomorrow so yeah I'd download the full part 2 after you finished part 1 :)

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm sorry. Thank you for kindly answering. Let's say I finished one game, I downloaded another game and started it. Do I have to delete the saves of the previous game before I start? Or is it okay if I don't?
I don't think I understand your question right, do you mean you finished GH part 1 and 2 and download any other game? is that right? if so you don't have to delete saves because it's two different games so it's two different saves.

Janus_Apex

Mar 14, 2020
I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm sorry. Thank you for kindly answering. Let's say I finished one game, I downloaded another game and started it. Do I have to delete the saves of the previous game before I start? Or is it okay if I don't?
No, you don't need to delete the saves. I would advise you to save on another page so you don't switch to another playthrough by accident though. However, that only applies to the same game. If it's a new game (let's say BB), the saves of the previous one (let's say AA) doesn't even show up in the saves of BB. If it's a question of space, yes you can erase the saves but you'll only get a few MB of data space.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The only save that You can use in the 2nd part is the one you do after "Save here", so no need to keep them, you can if you want but they are useless.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
The only save that You can use in the 2nd part is the one you do after "Save here", so no need to keep them, you can if you want but they are useless.
I wouldn't recommend him to do that after the "save here" screen as the game closes after that screen , I would do it on the "save here" screen :p:D

Reactions: OttO45

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
As a rule, don't touch the saves in appdata.

It is a bit complex to explain to you all the intricacies, but, let's go with an example:

You Download and play a game, let's call it Game A, release 1.2.3
The saves are stored in 2 places, in the Game A, /game/saves and at appdata/Roaming/Renpy/GameA
When you finish that game, you decided to recover the space and delete the Game A folder, along that the saves that were stored there.

Later, Game A, releases version 1.2.4., you download it, install it and you start playing it, the game automatically loads the saves stored in the AppData. Along with the Persistent settings, this stores the changes you made to the Option/Preferences/settings page.

The same goes for all Renpy games. So, don't mess with the appdata, it will save you.

Peace :)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Yeah, my fault you're right, it was a bit reckless to joke about that, it is slippery ground, It wasn't my intention to ofend anyone
on another topic the Update release will be tomorow? did I read that right ?

Grordan

Aug 16, 2020
First of all I am German, and we joke that we are very exact and minucious. It is nothing but a joke, sorry if you felt offended
I am german too. I just didn't understand the joke. Perhaps because we germans don't have any humor.

And when i see the "save now" screen, i scroll a few screens back to avoid bugs when loading the save in the next update. Yes, i am THAT much of a german. Sorry!

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I am german too. I just didn't understand the joke. Perhaps because we germans don't have any humor.

And when i see the "save now" screen, i scroll a few screens back to avoid bugs when loading the save in the next update. Yes, i am THAT much of a german. Sorry!
That could bite you in the ass because we already had people that did that and then had bugs in part 2. You really have to save on the "save here" screen and not before that.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Perhaps because we germans don't have any humor.
that is not true :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: we laugh about our own jokes isn't it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Edit: on a serious note; what Satou says is correct, the export save function in RenPy works like that, it is a flaw from the app. not that your reasonig is wrong, I do the same, and it works as long as the game is not splitted in 2 parts like this one.

3.90 star(s) 280 Votes