deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Well i been playing this game from all most from the release of it and only today did i realize on the title screen when you open it say grandmas house bar and grill never notice it said bar and grill i feel a little stupid now for not seeing that lol :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.
In the part 1, the family patch replaced it with one that just said "Grandma's House." In the unpatched game, the bar is Grandma's House Bar & Grill but in the patched one, it is O'Reilly's.

This is how it looks in the patreon rels.rpy vs the patch rels.rpy
Python:
barName = "Grandma's House Bar & Grill"
barName = "O'Reilly's"

After looking at the relationships screens, I think I understand the use of strings for the pregnancy variables, so I apologize for my tired complaints last night.

Now, I'm curious how Molly is only 3 and the MC has such a good relationship with a dog that moved in while he was gone to college.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
Seriously why do players like you play vns when you no interest in the main li. Like the ones they played avalon or Hailey but don't want either respectively.

Not trolling but could you explain to me this rationale?
Not a difficult concept to understand...the other characters are beautiful, i want to play the game for them, but not interested in banging granny. Game looks well made, lots of pretty characters, but content with 60+ year old women doens't interest me, even if they're made to look like their 40. I get it, there's lots of content out there that fits what i'm looking for...doesn't mean i don't wanna play this for the other characters. i'll probably play anyway and just push through the parts i'm not interested in, but that doesn't mean i won't ask first.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not a difficult concept to understand...the other characters are beautiful, i want to play the game for them, but not interested in banging granny. Game looks well made, lots of pretty characters, but content with 60+ year old women doens't interest me, even if they're made to look like their 40. I get it, there's lots of content out there that fits what i'm looking for...doesn't mean i don't wanna play this for the other characters. i'll probably play anyway and just push through the parts i'm not interested in, but that doesn't mean i won't ask first.
My time is too valuable to suffer through things I don't enjoy for little bits that I do. I would just be frustrated and only have myself to blame. Thank you for explaining your pov, I get the statement but totally not how I play.

Reactions: MoonBox and kcaldw

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Gotta say the quality of the renders has gone way the fuck up since the initial release. It seems like MoonBox now actually knows how to use other types of character lighting besides a high powered floodlight. :Kappa:
Nah seriously, shit looks pretty great now. Only need to figure out the animation hustle now.

Also, MC needs to hydrate more. That pee was the color of barrel aged bourbon. Not healthy. :WutFace:
LMFAO... "aged bourbon"... I'm dying here... :LOL:

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Scene with Mama Mabel is great. Always like it when you think a scene is over, but then it just keeps going on, especially when it's reflected in the writing.

I think Moonbox is right to stay away from animations for now, many other games have had intervals between updates get progressively longer because of feature creep and ambition. Of course, I miss them during some of the more intense scenes, but I appreciate the rapid pace of progress much more.

My time is too valuable to suffer through things I don't enjoy for little bits that I do. I would just be frustrated and only have myself to blame. Thank you for explaining your pov, I get the statement but totally not how I play.
In this case though, there's no proper sexual content with Nana after 17 updates, and plenty of scenes with other women. So at the moment, there's more immediate gratification for players who prefer the other characters over Nana, which doesn't sound like a waste of time.

And the game pushes new updates more frequently than any other game here, which is automatically a big plus. Even if you don't care for some of the characters, you'd be getting some sort of fix on the regular. For example, the younger characters don't do it for me, so there were some updates which were light on my preferred content, but I'm still getting more out of my playtime than any other title out there.

I have noticed that with the more games I've played, I've become more specific about what I look for in a game. So there are a lot of games that I would've tried before, but now will give a pass (standard mother-2 daughters incest tropes, school settings). On the other hand, if a game has specific content that suits what I'm looking for, I'll put that on the priority playlist, even if that content is not the main focus of the game. Just trying to maximise the effectiveness of the hits where I can find them, and Renpy makes it easy to skip the parts that don't do it for me.

Reactions: MoonBox

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
Scene with Mama Mabel is great. Always like it when you think a scene is over, but then it just keeps going on, especially when it's reflected in the writing.

I think Moonbox is right to stay away from animations for now, many other games have had intervals between updates get progressively longer because of feature creep and ambition. Of course, I miss them during some of the more intense scenes, but I appreciate the rapid pace of progress much more.

In this case though, there's no proper sexual content with Nana after 17 updates, and plenty of scenes with other women. So at the moment, there's more immediate gratification for players who prefer the other characters over Nana, which doesn't sound like a waste of time.

And the game pushes new updates more frequently than any other game here, which is automatically a big plus. Even if you don't care for some of the characters, you'd be getting some sort of fix on the regular. For example, the younger characters don't do it for me, so there were some updates which were light on my preferred content, but I'm still getting more out of my playtime than any other title out there.
Honestly, I don't mind the lack of animations.

And Grandma's House is like a candy shop, you have a bit of everything for everyone's taste.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Hmm, so we're gonna fly out to Paris. Fingers crossed we're meeting Shawna during our travels again.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I have to say something weird here... Sorry folks...

MoonBox and Grandma's House has made a really BIG change in what content I look for and appreciate and how critic I am. I'll not even go into the release schedule, it's simply incredible, only thing that kinda keeps up is Terminus, but, I haven't even started the 2nd one.

What I mean is the type of writing, the humor, the trust that the decisions will not lead us astray, the simplicity (deliberately misleading) of the story, the happy undertones, the wholesome relationships, the HUGS (I'm a hugger, all of us here at home hug each other multiple times every day, it's our thing). The road is clear, it's a enlarged family falling in love with each other in ways they didn't expect. And that is true if you play the patched or unpatched game, the story is about falling in love... and in LUST too, nothing wrong with that.

After feeling this involved, this immersed in such a story, I simply can't find patience for VN's that try to force binary decisions down your throat after spending hours and hours developing a relationship with 2 characters, suddenly, none of that matters, bah... what a load of crap. I will not mention the ones I mean, they are very famous.

Or, find the patience to byzantine plots of increasing Machiavellian complexity always inferring content that the author swears will never be present, it was fun for a bit, in a puzzle solving manner, then it went really bad. You know what I mean, and if you don't, be happy that you don't.

I am becoming more and more interested in slow burn stories, with some lateral fast releases, just to keep the interest. It can have incest or not, sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it feels forced, sometimes shouldn't even exist. I know it is a major trend, I'm not stupid, but, bah... it's fine when it's well done, but when it isn't, it's simply horrible.

Allison, Shizuka, Liz, Katie, Jamila, the whole O'Reilly clan, are such great characters, I end up measuring (unfairly, I know) other VN's characters by them. Priya, Tanya (that I think was truly a mistake to make optional, sorry MB) even Annabelle are very relatable. Jada, Aallyiah and Jerome, so so, there's potential for more, but they have been neglected for so long it's easy to forget them, but still, even so, they are relevant, interesting. The whole thing is filled with interesting characters. Not cardboard cutouts, they have flavor, depth, interest. Yet, they are simple, easy to understand, to immerse in.

So, I've started to measure most of the VN's I play against this unfair standard. Does that mean that they all fail, no, not by a long shot, but I have become a lot more critical, a lot less forgiving, a lot less impressed by animations and fancy graphics when there's no substance behind it. Many, many, VN's here, rise to the challenge, also, many others, no matter how famous, are leaving me a really bad taste.

So, Mr. MoonBox, you can feel proud of what you have been doing, it's working. Does that mean it's perfect? Obviously not!! But for each thing that is less stellar here, there's a bunch of really good shit very well done.

I hope I made clear that this is my very personal view, YMMV and it's quite OK. I don't presume to be anything more than a single player that only has one person to please, himself. If you disagree with what I said above, it's fine. No hate.

Thanks for reading.

Peace :love:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Shizuka, girl dogs squat when peeing, they don't lift their leg. Molly is trans, you don't need to copy everything she does the way she does it.

Worst update 2/10 would not bang. ;)
Yeah, I live with my brother on acrage, I live in the house taking care of our mother, while he works/lives in the granny flat, he has 2 greyhounds, and one of his dogs picks her leg up and pees like a male dog, she almost pissed on my thongs (I am Aussie it's footwear) and one time she did piss on my brother boots when he was walking her.

I had a female beagle for 8 years and right up until she passed she would squat but would kick out one of her legs when she peed so it was off the ground.

Also, it makes sense, I am 99% sure Moonbox said Shizuka would be Inu/dog play girl.

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
I replayed the game from the start and i gotta say can we fken get less content for Shizuka moving forward? I dont get why she get so much attention. Yeah she is shy and cute or whatever but sheesh she got way more screen time than the rest of the characters.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I replayed the game from the start and i gotta say can we fken get less content for Shizuka moving forward? I dont get why she get so much attention. Yeah she is shy and cute or whatever but sheesh she got way more screen time than the rest of the characters.
She's considered a member of the core group. She's like the immediate family. She's not going anywhere

OptimusGrind

Sep 17, 2017
I thought Aunt Liz was going to be the first of the core group that would get pregnant with the amount that the MC has blasted into her. This update make me think Cat wil be first what with her actively asking for it.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I thought Aunt Liz was going to be the first of the core group that would get pregnant with the amount that the MC has blasted into her. This update make me think Cat wil be first what with her actively asking for it.
We don't know yet what the result was with Liz. She may already have our new cousin in the oven.

With "Thomas" super sperm I would say that it is a 100% chance, but, there is no confirmation yet. I think the stores in that city need to order extra stocks of Pregnancy tests, but, above all, really go nuts on ALL pregnancy products, from clothes to care products, also, the baby explosion will undoubtedly change the whole dynamic of the place.

If I lived there, I would invest seriously in everything baby related... Thomas baby boom is about to hit ground zero.

bam-boom.gif

Peace :D

3.90 star(s) 281 Votes