Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not going to jump back into the weeds, except to leave this evidence-filled post implying that READING EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT.

Seriously though, the last post I read from a certain individual before putting them on "The List™" implied that there's no clear indication what specific panel/page/moment is the one to save for transfer to the next version of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not only is there a big "SAVE NOW!" right there for you, but the text STARTS with another "SAVE NOW!" to emphasize the point.
If that isn't enough for you to figure it out, and you click again without having saved, there's a whole paragraph saying the game is over for now and "Rollback" to the "Save now" ... so if you roll back too far, it won't say "Save Now" and if you aren't on the first "Save Now" screen it tells you to rollback.

If you haven't figured out that you should make a save on a screen that says "Save Now!" at this point, you're clearly not paying any attention. It's not like you had these screens after any other updates (except one, which a person would have had to figure out to get this far). And if you get to the Save Now! screens and can't figure out WHICH ONE in particular to save at, then you're not reading even clearly important stuff, so why bother playing an AVN?
If you still haven't figured it out and click one more time without saving, you get this final warning that you need to go back. Only two words, very specific ones. Ones that should let you know "Oh, I might have missed something, I should rollback and see what it was."

Lastly, if you do what the listed person mentioned (something that most people who play these games probably do, I would think ... I know I do) and roll back when the end of the update appears to make a save a few panels early, you still have to REACH the end of the update to KNOW that it's time to save (even if you usually can tell and save on a particular scene that always comes before the goodbye screen before you get to said screen). That means you STILL saw the "SAVE NOW!" screen and chose to ignore whatever text was there telling you that saving on that screen was important, even though it's NOT what a normal update ending looks like.

Anyway, I'm done being a snarky know-it-all for the day. Carry on.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Lastly, if you do what the listed person mentioned (something that most people who play these games probably do, I would think ... I know I do) and roll back when the end of the update appears to make a save a few panels early, you still have to REACH the end of the update to KNOW that it's time to save (even if you usually can tell and save on a particular scene that always comes before the goodbye screen before you get to said screen). That means you STILL saw the "SAVE NOW!" screen and chose to ignore whatever text was there telling you that saving on that screen was important, even though it's NOT what a normal update ending looks like.
To be fair, as you allude to, the scene that ends every update is the MC (and anyone sharing his bed) going, "ZZZ". It's possible that someone would see that and save and quit, knowing the update is over. With the last two updates being single days (in both cases, with the characters waking up in the wee hours for some activity), anyone used to the normal two day updates* might go to the "rollback and save" screen to confirm it's over, but in a two-day update saving when they go to sleep for the night is pretty safe.

*NOT a complaint, as these have been very full days.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Good morning, I have a problem, I've just downloaded v38, I transfered all my saves from v37 but when I load the game I get this View attachment 2987077
I pressed ignore and got this View attachment 2987078
Any help. Thanks.
Well did you save at
because that's the only save that will work in Part 3, everything else is gonna fail and you'll get errors.

It has been asked to Hell and back until now but it's still suprising to see new people with this problem

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
It blows my mind that some of the people on this site can't follow the simplest instructions. Then they refuse to even check the most recent posts for a solution. I wonder how some of these people survive daily life :oops:. I would say they're the reason things like bleach need a warning label... but they don't read the warning labels.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Good morning, I have a problem, I've just downloaded v38, I transfered all my saves from v37 but when I load the game I get this View attachment 2987077
Any help. Thanks.
Well did you save at
because that's the only save that will work in Part 3, everything else is gonna fail and you'll get errors.

It has been asked to Hell and back until now but it's still suprising to see new people with this problem
View attachment 2987104

First, look at the post above yours (from me)
1696680732739.png
This!

1696680824975.png
I don't know how clearer this can be said. Save here. NOT wherever tf you want.

It was at this point the old man calling himself Dark Silence ALMOST threw his coffee mug through his monitor to try and hit the guy who wrote the question.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
It was at this point the old man calling himself Dark Silence ALMOST threw his coffee mug through his monitor to try and hit the guy who wrote the question.
Just read
to learn how to do
:D

Fatalfury10

Dec 15, 2020
Sigh.
The amount of times people haven't understood that SAVE NOW = SAVE HERE. I try to be an understanding person, hey maybe their comprehension isn't fully fleshed you know? But I mean come on.

It's especially worse when you're here, on a forum, playing a VN that lets say hundreds of people have played and discussed at length, and believe that you have found something that no one has ever found, or brought up in said forum before. If you have time to start writing a reply here enquiring or just complaining about "x mistake or bug" perhaps wonder if anyone else has asked it before. Because pretty much everytime, someone has.

And this is partly why I don't write anything, because what I see from the small minority of people just does my head in
If I had a dime for how many times people on this site throughout every game that has ever been on this website missed the concept of SAVE NOW meaning SAVE HERE, I'd be richer than that person who won the biggest powerball in history and and actually have 100% of the money as there would've been no taxes on it

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Any help. Thanks.
Hi Brian ! It's a RenPy problem, when you split the game in Parts that it will only work on that specific point,
I'll PM you a working save If you want, to carry over, (since the other guy's already posted pics of that point I'll spare)
Oh and don't take the "guys" too serious they have a similar Humor as me but they are all good guy's Have fun with the game,
abrazo amigo

• Wow
Reactions: HornyyPussy

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
"Watschentanz" maybe? and I don't know it, just like your bavarian foreign language :ROFLMAO: :p
And I'm being nice by not calling bavarian an alien language:p
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:It's okay, just happens that he is one of the users which I know for longest on this site, ;) and really a nice guy !
Tribe, please meet Brian ! ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wsnlndr

May 20, 2023

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Dear YaYa haters,

===

*Note* Please understand, that this last post was not my original response to my unearned haters, I've toned my post waaaay down to try to squash this. If not, that's on you, I'm out. :)

===

Dev,
Again, good luck with your game.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes