RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Walkthrough Update

I've updated my walkthrough on my post

Or here is a direct link:
GrandmasHouseP1-0.16_walkthrough-rev-1.11.pdf
GrandmasHouseP2-0.37_walkthrough-rev-1.11.pdf
GrandmasHouseP3-0.39_walkthrough-rev-1.11.pdf

Visit my thread to post suggestions for my next work.

Walkthrough is also available here:

Cheers,
Mr Bubu
Hey, MrBubu! How about a nice pick-a-nick basket?

(Because I'm sure no one has ever made that joke based on your username.)

Meykyumabeet

Apr 19, 2020
What does the watch and receive email notification means? Cause I have email notification on for all my watched threads and never receive nothing on email, how does that work?

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Up-to-date play, although Pre-v39 release save won't load. :(

*HAPPY NOW?*

Last edited:

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
Just gotta ask, because that error has been seen hundreds of time now, did you save EXACTLY at the "Save Now" screen of part 2(V0.37) because only that single save will function in part 3. It is imperative that you save at the "Save Now "screen

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Just gotta ask, because that error has been seen hundreds of time now, did you save EXACTLY at the "Save Now" screen of part 2(V0.37) because only that single save will function in part 3. It is imperative that you save at the "Save Now "screen
Hi,

The save now screen even says to rollback and NOT to save on it, or my reading comprehension has gone wonky.

I may be wrong, but at lease my code "hack" EDIT allowed me to load my game and finish this update.

I always save at least 2 screens before the ending (NOT BLACK save now) screen, and at every important (to me) in game choice. :)

I do this for most games, because Players never know where Devs will pickup the save in the next update, but usually saving 2 screens before the end, those scenes are still in the next update. Don't do this with this game!

This is not a perfect system for save compatibility *crossing-fingers*, but Players have to do what they have to do, so we don't lose all the time we've put into playing the game.

So, the consensus is, that Players have to save the game on the BLACK background Save Now screen, for the next update to read the previous saves.

If you look at the screen, yes it says SAVE NOW, but it doesn't say you HAVE to save on that screen, you see my dilemma, I made a choice to save before that screen, and had to edit the code to load my save. I'll save on that screen from now on, happy angry people?

Okay, then that should be explicitly stated and added to that screens text, that it is Mandatory to save on "that" screen and "nowhere" else.

And why all the hate from you guys, damn, you act like I'm slinging false info to down on the Dev's game, I just wanted MY save to load this time!

Last edited:

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Hi,

The save now screen even says to rollback and NOT to save on it, or my reading comprehension has gone wonky.

I may be wrong, but at lease my code "hack" allowed me to load my game and finish this update.

I always save at least 2 screens before the ending save now screen, and at every important (to me) in game choice. :)

I do this for most games, because Players never know where Devs will pickup the save in the next update, but usually saving 2 screens before the end, those scenes are still in the next update.

This is not a perfect system for save compatibility *crossing-fingers*, but Players have to do what they have to do, so we don't lose all the time we've put into playing the game.
The typical end of update screen has a nice picture of Allison and somebody (Shizuka?), and tells you to roll back and save.

The "SAVE NOW" screen only happens at the end of a part (we just started part 3 with the 0.38 update). It's a black screen with white letters, with "SAVE NOW" in large prominent white letters. It tells you to save on that page. As noted, when moving from one part to the next, it's the only save that works properly.

Your hack may bring data forward to the new game properly, but I for one don't know for certain. I do know that if you never reached that "SAVE NOW" screen in Part 2, you almost certainly didn't see all the content.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hi,

I may be wrong, but at lease my code "hack" allowed me to load my game and finish this update.

I always save at least 2 screens before the ending save now screen, and at every important (to me) in game choice. :)

I do this for most games, because Players never know where Devs will pickup the save in the next update, but usually saving 2 screens before the end, those scenes are still in the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So If I got you right you found a hack to bypass what ? the first picture in the spoiler or the second (at least is what I understood you found) don't get me wrong that is great news, and I apreciate the hack.
What we are afraid of is for those who start playing from Part 1 and want to transfer their choices to Part 2 and those altogether to Part 3 read your post and end up in the woods. so please don't be ofended or feel scolded and clarify what exactly you mean.
abrazo amigo

Last edited:
Reactions: YaYa_UnTIN2

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
for all we know nana could be the kinkest of them all but couldn't be due to her husband being mostly vanilla or not doing anything with her

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi,

To piggy-back on xapican's post, The "Save Now" screen is there for a couple lines, but you HAVE to save the one where the graphic says "Save Now" AND the text starts with "Save Now", as it does in his screen shot.

You have to do this for both the end of Part 1 to play Part 2*, and now the end of Part 2 to play Part 3.

Part 1 goes to v0.16, part 2 goes to v0.37.

There is no need for "compatibility" hacks if you do this correctly.

(*or you can answer a bunch of questions at the beginning of part 2, but you can't do this for Part 3 anyway)

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018

Up-to-date play, although Pre-v39 release save won't load. :(

In the script.rpy I've change original game code to this # Commented code, and then my save loaded, and then I immediately made a new save before playing the latest version). :)
Code:
label start:
    #scene blank with dissolve
    #"You need to load the save you made at the end of Part 2 to continue."
    #$ ShowMenu("load")()

#return
Maybe this "hack" not "fix" could help someone else with the same issue.
Short note to the hack: this will maybe work now, but at least the variable "partTwoFinished" is not set correctly when not loading the correct game save from part 2. Don't know if that can cause troubles in the long run, but I do not recommend "bypassing" that in the game.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Whoa, peeps what the Hell, all the hate, misunderstandings!

My hack term was to say the code was commented, and that was all, no secret content bypass, etc.

I posted what worked for me, not that you should do this, this way, damn, all I was sayin' was what allowed ME to continue playing on my pre-v39 save.

xapican
Yes, I meant that I don't save on the second picture example you posted, a go back at least 2 content scenes, not the black save now screen, and before that second (your example) image or screen is shown. :)

Dark Silence
Did I misrepresent what my "hack" EDIT was? All I did was to comment out the code and load my pre-v39 save that was not loading with that code in the script.rpy file. I'll go back and edit my post, maybe it will be clearer to new readers.

P.S.
Facepalmers = unthinking douche, waste of life, straight ignore, F95 doesn't need more of you, not sorry.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican
3.80 star(s) 286 Votes