Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
So you‘re trying to load a part 1 save while using 0.41? That’s not gonna work, my man.
Like it was mentioned before, Start part 1, play until the big „save now“ , save, start part 2, load the part 1 save, play part 2 until you see „save now“ again, save, start part 3, load the part 2 save……. And so on.
Oh and you might want to update your part 3. We‘re on 0.46 now ;)

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
View attachment 3293487 View attachment 3293486
Granmashouse 0.41 pc

Granmashouse0.41 pc
i enclose screen shots of my very first lot of saves at beginning of the game to the latest page of saves and also the exception error i get when i try to load any of my saves. thanks for all your help View attachment 3293486
So, it looks like you (at some point) installed Part 3 over Part 1. When you do go to install Part 2 or 3, install them to new folders.

My suggestion:

1. In the 0.41 folder (or in your personal folders - perhaps someone else can help you locate that, I actually play on Android), locate your save folder, and make a copy of it (just to be safe).
  2. Download Part 1 again, and install it in its own folder.
  3. Launch Part 1. Try your saves to see if they work. It's not impossible that the latest ones were corrupted, try older ones, and auto saves.
  4. If none of the saves work, you can try deleting the original saves folder and copying in the one you made in step 1 above. However, you may be out of luck.
  5. Delete the 0.41 folder version of the game - when you get to part 3, you'll probably want to install the latest version again.
NOTE: don't install any updates while playing parts 1 & 2; they are older versions, and haven't been updated. When done with Part 1, install the full part 2 version in its own folder. Once you install part 3, you can continue to update it until part 4 is released; then, the latest part 3 will be complete, and won't need updates either (do make sure to update it to that last version).

If this is too confusing, wait and see if someone can post better instructions. I'm fairly confident in my diagnosis of your problem, though.

highway1

Apr 25, 2018
So you‘re trying to load a part 1 save while using 0.41? That’s not gonna work, my man.
Like it was mentioned before, Start part 1, play until the big „save now“ , save, start part 2, load the part 1 save, play part 2 until you see „save now“ again, save, start part 3, load the part 2 save……. And so on.
Oh and you might want to update your part 3. We‘re on 0.46 now ;)
Hi thanks for your reply. .you say loading a part 1 save at 0.41 won't work but as you can clearly see by my saves it has worked. I had no problems ..right up until now .??? ....so why has it worked u till now...I've never played parts 2 and 3 I only downloaded them ready for when I need them..but haven't even.opened them???

highway1

Apr 25, 2018
So, it looks like you (at some point) installed Part 3 over Part 1. When you do go to install Part 2 or 3, install them to new folders.

My suggestion:

1. In the 0.41 folder (or in your personal folders - perhaps someone else can help you locate that, I actually play on Android), locate your save folder, and make a copy of it (just to be safe).
  2. Download Part 1 again, and install it in its own folder.
  3. Launch Part 1. Try your saves to see if they work. It's not impossible that the latest ones were corrupted, try older ones, and auto saves.
  4. If none of the saves work, you can try deleting the original saves folder and copying in the one you made in step 1 above. However, you may be out of luck.
  5. Delete the 0.41 folder version of the game - when you get to part 3, you'll probably want to install the latest version again.
NOTE: don't install any updates while playing parts 1 & 2; they are older versions, and haven't been updated. When done with Part 1, install the full part 2 version in its own folder. Once you install part 3, you can continue to update it until part 4 is released; then, the latest part 3 will be complete, and won't need updates either (do make sure to update it to that last version).

If this is too confusing, wait and see if someone can post better instructions. I'm fairly confident in my diagnosis of your problem, though.
Hi thanks for getting back so quickly...I'll try what you said when I've got more time...someone said loading a part 1 save whilst playing 0.41 won't work but what's confusing is it did work up until now...never had a problem...never started parts 2 and 3 or even. Opened them...just downloaded them ready...can't work.out why it's stopped working? Thanks again anyway

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi thanks for your reply. .you say loading a part 1 save at 0.41 won't work but as you can clearly see by my saves it has worked. I had no problems ..right up until now .??? ....so why has it worked u till now...I've never played parts 2 and 3 I only downloaded them ready for when I need them..but haven't even.opened them???
Hi thanks for getting back so quickly...I'll try what you said when I've got more time...someone said loading a part 1 save whilst playing 0.41 won't work but what's confusing is it did work up until now...never had a problem...never started parts 2 and 3 or even. Opened them...just downloaded them ready...can't work.out why it's stopped working? Thanks again anyway
Before you downloaded Version 0.41 which version did you have?

Watch it be something like v0.12 or something and he just downloaded v0.41 without knowing anything

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Never got that far never seen that scene..who is that he's with?
It is Catharine, and it's the first date with her.
Never seen that screen ever I meant if that had come up.id have seen it ?
Again yes, Cat is one of the M7™ meaning she is unavoidable.
You must have run into this.
This is one of the biggest critique points from the detractors of this VN;"7 forced LI"

Concerning, your doubts, about why it worked, there is no clear response,
fact is:
1) The game was designed, to be delivered in 5 parts, allowing you to Export/ Import your Save with the choices.
How Sancho stated, RenPy is a engine that is a bit "tricky" to do so, it requires a lot of coding skill from the dev team.​
2) All parts, were planed to be "Stand alone" meaning that they have all a own exe. and don't contain the foregoing, content.
Atending to this, it is remarked in the thread very often, They need their own folder to run properly.
You can consider version 0.01 - 0.16 as a own VN,aka Grandmas House I ; 0.17 - 0.37 GH II ; 0.38 - (actual version.0.46) GH III.​

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Go to the OP & download "Part 1".
Play through until you reach the "Save Now" screen, that xapican showed. After the date with Cat.
Then download "Part 2" from OP.
Same again, play through until you reach another "Save Now" screen.
Then you're fit to play current version.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I downloaded it way back in September along with a couple of others..finished the others and started this in.October...what version was there to.be downloaded..don't know...just downloaded whatever was available..0.41 as it was then??
Doesn't matter.
You need to start at Part 1, not Part 3.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I downloaded it way back in September along with a couple of others..finished the others and started this in.October...what version was there to.be downloaded..don't know...just downloaded whatever was available..0.41 as it was then??
Its like three separate games. Now you need Grandma's House part 1. When you finish this you can try GH part 2 and after that GM part 3 ;)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Yeah Lol, sorry not laughing at you, more over the situation :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , you downloaded a version (GH III) with 4 updates,ongoing so of course you don't have a clue what is going on, and what this is all about, and from all games on site you choose one that delivers solid updates every 2 -3 week's, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
that explains why you didn't see the Cabin Date with Cat, I recomend that you do how "whichone" suggested, You'll have a few days of playtime with all 3 parts. enjoy
abrazo

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes