Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me out with something.

View attachment 2408989

As you can see, my MC is named Jace and everytime Cat adresses him, it's displayed in this weird way. It only looks like that with Cat adressing the MC though, all other instances of MC name are as they should be. This has benn this way since like forever. I only now got around to 0.17 content (yeah, I'm a bit behind) and had kinda hoped it would be fixed with the new game version, but alas, that's not the case.

If anyone could help me fix this I'd really appreciate it.
So to be clear, Kat's never called you "Monkey" or "Daddy"?

(EDIT: not that I can help, just curious ...)

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
Ok, often when writing long story content you don't have it ALL figured out. You will have the overall story plot points and where they land in the overall scheme, details and side plots are then often written in as the true story takes shape, hopefully it happens organically as it takes a deft hand to shove in a fully fleshed out side story into the main story without it feeling off.

This same principle also gets applied to shows and series of novels for the most part, shows however tend to have multiple writers who may have different ideas on where it should progress to hence why there are often plot holes, add to the fact the longer a story goes the harder it is for the writer/s to keep track of all that has happened, don't forget they may have created a few different outcomes let alone detail changes for a certain plot point.

Too often we all think in terms of binary choices / possibilities, it's ether a or b and not thinking it could be so many more things. A plan for example can range from a rough rudimentary idea to a fully fleshed out detailed plan or a range in between.

I have a lot of respect to those who actually try creating stories, more so the longer ones as it takes so much more forethought as to not shoot yourself in your foot.
To add to your interesting post;
one thing that gets neglected when thinking about stories of the TV series is how they're under constant influence of their 'overheads' i.e. the networks producing the shows.

Once the few pilot episodes have aired, the network aggregates their findings regarding the 'watchability/popularity' of the show as well as 'which arcs/characters' of the show people are interested in the most.
And that's why they monitor their statistics and conduct overt and incognito polls all the time. Writers are then tasked with following those seams.

A writer friend of mine once told me, "Long-term procedural stories are less about the creative process and more about the supply and demand."

I'd imagine writing for the AVNs isn't that different, albeit in a less official capacity and smaller scale, with patrons playing the role of said overhead.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
You can't at the begining of ver 2 you will be asked about the choices,
It is a general problem with RenPy that the saves can't be transferd from one ver to another some games have a code to do so but often it won't work properly

Edit: thank's for the reminder HornyyPussy
I was a little confused about your post since I know that you know how it really works :)

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me out with something.

View attachment 2408989

As you can see, my MC is named Jace and everytime Cat adresses him, it's displayed in this weird way. It only looks like that with Cat adressing the MC though, all other instances of MC name are as they should be. This has benn this way since like forever. I only now got around to 0.17 content (yeah, I'm a bit behind) and had kinda hoped it would be fixed with the new game version, but alas, that's not the case.

If anyone could help me fix this I'd really appreciate it.
I see your problem. MC is named, Thomas. You should start over and play properly ;) har har har!

Edit: although.. Jace Miller does sound like a pro snowboarder or something. Fits the body/vessel that is meant to carry Zeus around.

Reactions: elbo911

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Well, no, it's only like this when she calls the MC by his name. 'Monkey' works fine.
Is that image from the start of 17 when you wake up with Catherine? In which case:
Code:
42     c "Morning [catMcNick]."
Enable the console set these two variables to Jace or whatever:
Code:
catMcNick = 'Jace'
persistent.g_catMcNick = catMcNick
It seems to be set to u'Jace' somehow.

• Red Heart
Reactions: elbo911 and xapican

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
Fits the body/vessel that is meant to carry Zeus around.
Zeus? You mean Mr.Bones? :cool:

Is that image from the start of 17 when you wake up with Catherine? In which case:
Code:
42     c "Morning [catMcNick]."
Enable the console set these two variables to Jace or whatever:
Code:
catMcNick = 'Jace'
persistent.g_catMcNick = catMcNick
It seems to be set to u'Jace' somehow.
Yep, you pinpointed that right. Thanks a bunch, I've never used the console in RenPy games before, I'll check it out when time allows. :)

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks again! :)

Last edited:

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
Keep checking in to see if Nana gets banged... never seems to happen.
I hate to beat a dead horse to dust but will the MC have sex with his grandmother, before the nukes fly?
Tbh if you're asking, you'll probably get sick of the game before it happens. Might wanna wait for it to be completed, or at least till the warning in the OP is gone.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
GrandmasHouse-P2-0.24
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
GrandmasHouse-P2-0.24
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
At least give me time to announce my own update, fast mf :ROFLMAO:

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes