Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Grandma's House - Walkthrough + Music Mod[v0.16a/v0.37a/v0.53/v0.56] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The same thing happened to me
On testing, this only happened on the folder that I updated from 10 to 11 using the update file, but did not happen with the full download for some reason
Weird. I checked it now again with a full download v0.11 and the game update download to v0.11, but in both I had the gallery button. Actually don't know what was causing that in your case.
none of the names are saving in the replay gallery not sure why
Hi. The gallery doesn't have the ability to fetch the name you are giving in the main game so far. I patched the gallery for that, but you have to rename one more time the main character in my rename function to set the new one, otherwise the default name "Thomas" is used.

As far as I know that will change in the new game version v0.12. Then the name you are setting when starting a new game is also used in the gallery.

damupoohbear

Feb 14, 2019
Weird. I checked it now again with a full download v0.11 and the game update download to v0.11, but in both I had the gallery button. Actually don't know what was causing that in your case.
Did further testing after digging the old folder out of the recycle bin
I learned that if I removed that the gallery appeared in the main menu
The same files in both the fresh full download and the updated download blocked the gallery from appearing
By the date and the name I'm assuming they're part of the update 10 walkthrough files that were still in the folder when I updated the game

Edit: I forgot to insert the bloody link

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Did further testing after digging the old folder out of the recycle bin
I learned that if I removed that the gallery appeared in the main menu
The same files in both the fresh full download and the updated download blocked the gallery from appearing
By the date and the name I'm assuming they're part of the update 10 walkthrough files that were still in the folder when I updated the game

Edit: I forgot to insert the bloody link
Ok, now I know the issue. These files are from the old Mod v0.10. In the new v0.11 version I named my files with Z_.... at the beginning, the old ones had X_.... Of course if you did an update download and not a new game installation they are not overwritten with the new ones then. My bad, sorry.

So for those having issues with the missing gallery link please remove all files with beginning X_.. in the game folder. Again, sorry for that.

Reactions: damupoohbear

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018

Hi. The gallery doesn't have the ability to fetch the name you are giving in the main game so far. I patched the gallery for that, but you have to rename one more time the main character in my rename function to set the new one, otherwise the default name "Thomas" is used.

As far as I know that will change in the new game version v0.12. Then the name you are setting when starting a new game is also used in the gallery.
ive changed the names in this menu and i went into multiple files to see if i could just change the default names but no mater what i put my first name would be [mc] and the last name would be none didnt look to see if any of the other name options where working

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
ive changed the names in this menu and i went into multiple files to see if i could just change the default names but no mater what i put my first name would be [mc] and the last name would be none didnt look to see if any of the other name options where working
I have to admit I've have no clue what's causing the issue in your game with the Mod. I tried it in my game, even did a new install, but it always worked. It also kept the new names in the gallery after closing and starting the game again.
My check with renaming to "Thomas-KoGa3", pic is from the third gallery entry:
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0001.png

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018
I have to admit I've have no clue what's causing the issue in your game with the Mod. I tried it in my game, even did a new install, but it always worked. It also kept the new names in the gallery after closing and starting the game again.
could it have something to do with an old save or persistent data data

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
could it have something to do with an old save or persistent data data
Maybe, but I'm not sure. Try to start a new game, skip a little into the game and then try to rename with my Mod. If it works there then it could be something from your saves making the issue.

Here also some saves from me at the start of each chapter which worked in my game:

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018
Maybe, but I'm not sure. Try to start a new game, skip a little into the game and then try to rename with my Mod. If it works there then it could be something from your saves making the issue.

Here also some saves from me at the start of each chapter which worked in my game:
i tried with your saves but the gallery is still not using any names i save im gonna delete the persistent and see if that works

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018
i tried with your saves but the gallery is still not using any names i save im gonna delete the persistent and see if that works
well i tried it and it worked then it didnt so im not sure what could be the problem and at this point i wouldnt even know what could fix it

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
well i tried it and it worked then it didnt so im not sure what could be the problem and at this point i wouldnt even know what could fix it
I admit I also have no clue anymore. The last thing I can offer is a "complete" download from the compressed game with already integrated Mod. If that still does not work it's unfortunately maybe better to not use the Mod if it's causing these problems for you.

Game compressed with integrated Mod v0.11a (1.17GB):

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018
I admit I also have no clue anymore. The last thing I can offer is a "complete" download from the compressed game with already integrated Mod. If that still does not work it's unfortunately maybe better to not use the Mod if it's causing these problems for you.

Game compressed with integrated Mod v0.11a (1.17GB):
its still broken so i dont know not the end of the world so whatever

• Sad

JuggernautWZRD

Jun 5, 2018
are you by chance just overwriting the game folder, or are you doing a clean install with the game?

Try a clean install.
i did a clean install i even used the link KoGa gave me like i said im basically over it if its not going to work its not going to work

forcesage110

Nov 1, 2019
In case anyone else runs in to the same issue, would be good if you could add what you did to fix it :)
Alright, though I don't know if it will be that helpful. First, I essentially uninstalled the mod, then played like 2 or 3 scenes later with the unmodded version, then reinstalled the mod and played normally from there. You could probably avoid it if you saved later or play a little before installing the mod.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Mod info:
If you are updating a previous version with the Game Update Patch and had also my old Mod installed please check if there are still old Mod files (v0.10 and before, the ones beginning with X_....). Remove them to avoid issues.

Also: I've added saves from the beginning of each game chapter now, too.
Download on the Mod main page

Good morning / have a nice Sunday!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote