Jwats

Jan 10, 2018
I hope you know that you can skip the minigames (ESC), so you won't suffer :)
I can't get past the final race at the end. I can sometimes make it up to the platform, but can't time the lasers, or, I miss a boost to get up there and he beats me.

So, I saw this and thought "YEA!" then I hit ESC and only got "Main Menu/ Quit" nothing else..

Sad, cause I would like to see the ending..

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
I can't get past the final race at the end. I can sometimes make it up to the platform, but can't time the lasers, or, I miss a boost to get up there and he beats me.

So, I saw this and thought "YEA!" then I hit ESC and only got "Main Menu/ Quit" nothing else..

Sad, cause I would like to see the ending..
I did not play a single mini game, you should check again, there is a "skip" option.

Jwats

Jan 10, 2018
Ah ok. I tried it the first time and it killed the game, so the second time I was in robot form, but still not in the actual "mini-game" so tried it again and got it to work!

Weird ending for sure!

bobccoburn1982

Oct 28, 2019
There are many sexual themed games online now, but none like this game.
Someone stated earlier that you should be working for a company like Square Enix and I can second that.
I think the better company for you (should you be looking) would be to go with Atlus. This game both story and game-play reminds me of a cross between Final Fantasy series and Catherine. Mild dreamlike state solving a series of puzzle to escape only to make choices a bar while you are awake.
I wonder how many people out there will also not catch the very subtle ending where the two big robots are looking down with glowing eyes to enter the last puzzle.
If others reading still do not know, it is from the Neverending Story.
Was that on purpose for us to hope that this will also be a neverending story of its own.
Thank you for the great game and looking forward to playing the completed version of Areas of Gray

Reactions: u z i and NOTvil

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
Who can spoil me the story?

P.s Nvm I finished the game myself. Did the choices affect something? Playing it after Areas of Gray really enlighten on a certain stuff.

Last edited:

M.Sato

Jul 4, 2018
Dear NOTvil

When I reached that sort of corridor in the space phase, after the first Space Invaders part, I felt like Satan himself trapped me in Battletoads lv.3, but put it in slow motion just to taunt me. I was about to rage quit, when I found the skip button. Despite all that, when I saw "First one will win" latter on, my soul screamed "must beat bad robot or die trying".

I'm glad you realized platformer was a mistake. The minigames themselves are nothing extraordinary, it was the music, visuals and pace in which you put it all together that create this overwhelming atmosphere that compelled me to go through with it, even parts I wasn't particularly found of.

You are an obviously competent programmer, but you are an amazing storyteller. In a parallel universe, I'm sure you took Terry Gilliam's place.

It is a crime you're only on the 300 patrons range, I will increase this number as soon as I can.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
So I just finished the game and I have mixed Feelings...

What a depressing end!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In terms of the minigames. Once I figured all the mechanics out. It was actually doable. I skipped almost all the initial mini games as I did not know that the robot will continue to travel if you keep the mouse button in.

Maybe a bit more hints in terms of game play would have made the minigames easier for a lot of players.

Well done for the dev.
Story 9/10
Characters 8/10
Mystery 10/10
Gameplay 6/10 (Without hint's it insanely difficult. Thank gods for the skip button)

Just by giving more hints on tactics, The Gameplay can easily move up to 7/10

Reactions: u z i

sc69

May 24, 2018
Well i just finished the game, a little late i know, but i was wondering if you could replay/rewatch the cg animations in the game? i've already unlocked all the images in the room (plasmorium) but there were only 2 animations there and were not the ones in the game...

Nov 13, 2017
Surprisingly underrated game. Perhaps due to missing some basic features? No save/load slots nor replay room, so scene replayability isn't there. Still though, the art is perhaps the best I've seen in a lewd game. The renders are great and the visual interjects are phenomenal. The story was definitely compelling and the atmosphere was interesting.

Actually thinking about it more, it's probably underrated because it's not the sort of game you really fap to. The game has a lascivious atmosphere with nudity and sexual content, but there are not lengthy sex scenes as a reward for game play. The sex is just a part of the narrative.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Just finished the game. The last few levels were taking me too long, so I went away from the game for about a week and then came back to plow through. And I really do mean plow : it was drudgery.

The concept of the game and its storyline was certainly interesting: a fantasy mystery with touches of expressionism strewn throughout.

But, I truly disliked the robot games after awhile: they began souring the entire experience for me and finishing each level left me more frustrated from the experience than satisfied in overcoming the challenge. Not merely because of difficulty and need to repeat levels (and sub-levels) in order to learn all the timings, tricks, etc. - but because the controls were skittish and inconsistent, as well. The same action could yield different reactions in back-to-back plays.

I was ready to toss this whole experience in the Trash and then decided that - in a twisted way - I was going to beat every level out of pure spite for these unenjoyable games. And, that's exactly how it ended up! I was not happy by "winning," in the slightest. What a weird feeling of non-accomplishment.

So, real mixed feelings for this game; in addition, the actual story ended up seeming more about style and less about the meaning or impact that was being foreshadowed throughout earlier levels.

At least the ending matched the title ... so, props for truth in advertising, there.

Although I didn't unlock about half of the bonus cards, this game feels resistant to replays without save points - so, I don't feel the need to bother.

Last edited:

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Can't believe you're making me platform for the ero scenes, the Force be praised for the Skip function.

imdamann88

Nov 16, 2017
This game was so much hotter then his new work, Areas of Gray. Hope his next project moves back towards this direction.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes