3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
This project is literally ridiculous in its ambition and scope.

Usually I'd see this as a sign of almost guaranteed failure, but reading about Grave Companions on Patreon and seeing that they both seem like competent professionals, one with a lot of experience in the industry as a AAA engine programmer (the hardest type of programming IMO) has me intrigued. Their Twitter also shows crediting other professionals for art, VO/Sound/Foley work. This is a big positive.

Just a small FYI for the Patreon description of Arma; in English the more recognisable terminology would be a "full stack developer" rather than a "full scope developer".

This is interesting. The social media side seems well done and the communication is good. Manage a few update cycles well and I have the feeling that this could take off. Not sure if you're already posting this in LoversLab and other places like this but it might be worth it. Especially as people at LoversLab are experienced in making animations for the Bethesda engines so you might get a few bits on a potential modding community.

I know Vinfamy is producing a game which seems to have decent traction over there with his LifePlay game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grave Companions

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
This project is literally ridiculous in its ambition and scope.

Usually I'd see this as a sign of almost guaranteed failure, but reading about Grave Companions on Patreon and seeing that they both seem like competent professionals, one with a lot of experience in the industry as a AAA engine programmer (the hardest type of programming IMO) has me intrigued. Their Twitter also shows crediting other professionals for art, VO/Sound/Foley work. This is a big positive.

Just a small FYI for the Patreon description of Arma; in English the more recognisable terminology would be a "full stack developer" rather than a "full scope developer".

This is interesting. The social media side seems well done and the communication is good. Manage a few update cycles well and I have the feeling that this could take off. Not sure if you're already posting this in LoversLab and other places like this but it might be worth it. Especially as people at LoversLab are experienced in making animations for the Bethesda engines so you might get a few bits on a potential modding community.

I know Vinfamy is producing a game which seems to have decent traction over there with his LifePlay game.
Thanks so much for your interest and feedback :) I’m glad you’re able to see our dedication to this project. There’s a great community of creators out there, hopefully we can all work together to bring as much success and engagement as the mainstream games industry. We understand that frequent updates and consistency is the most important factor in bringing in support, so we have multiple releases scheduled over the next month and continuing in future. Keep an eye out for what we have coming up soon!

druuuk

Apr 24, 2018
Tried this out, looks great and runs incredibly smoothly on my rig (phenom II x4 955 cpu/ 1060 gtx gpu) - only downside is I keep getting a consistent appcrash when trying to activate the lustronomicon. The crash report is telling me that the lib_burst_generated.dll is the problem module causing it. I'll send the player log when I get a chance to take care of it if you still need one. Still, looks really good so far. Looking forward to the upcoming release.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Tried this out, looks great and runs incredibly smoothly on my rig (phenom II x4 955 cpu/ 1060 gtx gpu) - only downside is I keep getting a consistent appcrash when trying to activate the lustronomicon. The crash report is telling me that the lib_burst_generated.dll is the problem module causing it. I'll send the player log when I get a chance to take care of it if you still need one. Still, looks really good so far. Looking forward to the upcoming release.
Thanks so much for letting us know, really valuable and specific feedback. If you have a chance to send the crash log through that would be awesome. Great to hear it runs well (aside from the crash), we've already optimized the game so much further since this build so it should be perfect for you next time! Thanks for your interest (y)

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
is everyone making sure to press on the "free" camera in the upper left corner before trying to move the camera around?
We've already made some major improvements to the camera for the upcoming build. Better controls and gamefeel to come very soon!

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Il be bluntly honest, but, i am right to think that your basicaly the former dev's of Pillars of Peversion? Cause if so, id need more then a version 0.something to be at ease. PoP wasnt exactly the smoothes development in history, with some claiming arguably that most of the features of a earlier build where never truely brought back into the rebuild version.

Now i hope this project fair way better, it is looking rather much better then PoP ever looked, and i simply wish every dev the best of luck in general (i honestly cant even make a decent RPGMaker game, so i know shiz about the dev side, and can barely code).

So, again, good luck, and prove me wrong mate. ;) (y)

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Il be bluntly honest, but, i am right to think that your basicaly the former dev's of Pillars of Peversion? Cause if so, id need more then a version 0.something to be at ease. PoP wasnt exactly the smoothes development in history, with some claiming arguably that most of the features of a earlier build where never truely brought back into the rebuild version.

Now i hope this project fair way better, it is looking rather much better then PoP ever looked, and i simply wish every dev the best of luck in general (i honestly cant even make a decent RPGMaker game, so i know shiz about the dev side, and can barely code).

So, again, good luck, and prove me wrong mate. ;) (y)
Hey there! Yup, that's us! PoP was never our dream game, so we were never fully committed to it. I (Anika) was also not actively involved much in the development either, so it is actually a great example of what game development looks like without a producer! Structure, consistency and clear communication are my main priorities, in addition to of course making sure the game is everything we want to it be.
I'm really glad that you're able to see Grimgate, it means a lot to know there are players out there that have been around for as long as we have. I am aiming to update this thread in the next couple of weeks with an updated public build for people to enjoy and to further display our intentions and dreams for the project.
Thanks again for checking in! :geek:

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure if it's my pc problem or what, but please don't leave the mouse's arrow in front of the game(while in fullscreen). Make it "blend into the game". Sorry for my broken english and my expressions, I hope it was understandable, if not I'll attach a screenshot. As for really far away tips, I hope it won't become a "you MUST lose the game" to have sex scenes with, let's say, orcs, or similar. It would be super cool with me to maybe start a quest where you must escape their lair for example, or similar. For everything else, I'm looking forward to further updates, keep it up. I already read that you made changes to the camera so I'll withhold my critiques and wait for the new sistem.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
I'm not sure if it's my pc problem or what, but please don't leave the mouse's arrow in front of the game(while in fullscreen). Make it "blend into the game". Sorry for my broken english and my expressions, I hope it was understandable, if not I'll attach a screenshot. As for really far away tips, I hope it won't become a "you MUST lose the game" to have sex scenes with, let's say, orcs, or similar. It would be super cool with me to maybe start a quest where you must escape their lair for example, or similar. For everything else, I'm looking forward to further updates, keep it up. I already read that you made changes to the camera so I'll withhold my critiques and wait for the new sistem.
Thanks for your feedback, your English is fine so don't worry :)
The sexual interactions will be integrated into quest and story, having relationships with NPCs or buying sex at the brothel. Sex will not be connected to combat. There will be many types of NPCs and fantasy races to have sex and relationships with, depending on how you talk to them or help them will determine if you have sex with them.
Please let me know if you have any more questions and thank you so much for playing!

Reactions: Ashbringer17

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
. . .next couple of weeks with an updated public build for people to enjoy. . .
This is very appreciated. The lowest tier to buy in is $15, which is very steep if you ask me. That's over half of my active Patreon charges. If you guys want more patrons, I would recommend refining the reward tiers. I'm not saying your game isn't good, but I would have to drop other projects to support this one. Something to consider, thanks.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
This is very appreciated. The lowest tier to buy in is $15, which is very steep if you ask me. That's over half of my active Patreon charges. If you guys want more patrons, I would recommend refining the reward tiers. I'm not saying your game isn't good, but I would have to drop other projects to support this one. Something to consider, thanks.
Hey, thanks so much for checking us out :) Please see earlier response regarding tier pricing

Thanks so much for taking the time to check us out and provide your feedback, Maxies :)
Totally understand where you're coming from, however we feel it is important to confirm the tiers early in the project. We thought long and hard about the tier pricing and did lengthy industry research, in addition to lots of self-introspection.
To us, the quality and potential of our project are appropriate for $15 access (especially compared to other projects). We value transparency and feel it would be incredibly dishonest to charge a smaller amount now, then increase the tier prices as the builds become more progressed and align with community expectations.
We totally understand the need to prove our dedication to the community, and this is why we will endeavour to bring out as many free builds and news updates as possible and practical to show you our progress until it reaches a point where individuals feel comfortable committing to the formal tiers.
Thanks again for taking the time to be so considerate with your feedback, I hope you enjoy what we have to show in future :)

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
Hopefully in the future there will be a slider for the transparency of the men. I get making them translucent but it would just be nice if it could be controlled, feels too much like severed floating penis syndrome which is a turnoff for me.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Hopefully in the future there will be a slider for the transparency of the men. I get making them translucent but it would just be nice if it could be controlled, feels too much like severed floating penis syndrome which is a turnoff for me.
Hey tangre, sorry for the late reply on this one!
Once the male models and characters are in-game, the default option for sex will be with the complete textured characters and the transparency feature will be able to be toggled on or off, or a slider to vary the degrees of transparency. Variety of complete females will be the focus before the male characters are fleshed out.
Hope that helps answer your question :)
~ Anika

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Hey all!
After a positive response from this comment I have decided to share our character customization prototype demo.

PLEASE NOTE: This was prototyped in 2017, and the quality has come miles since then. However, as this system is not implemented in the current public build, I thought it couldn't hurt to give you a proven example of our skills.
We endeavour to reintroduce this system into Grimgate (with 2 years worth of improvements) before the end of the year.
This will include various genders and races.

Any questions, please let me know!

kremek127

Jul 19, 2018
Sooo... after more than one month, there still isn't any new update and also 0.1.2 was the patch with same mechanics from demo with a bigger world. It is becoming another Monster Girl Island or Pure Onyx. And also 25$ for a month, tbh i could easily buy some AAA games on steam with that amount of cash.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Sooo... after more than one month, there still isn't any new update and also 0.1.2 was the patch with same mechanics from demo with a bigger world. It is becoming another Monster Girl Island or Pure Onyx. And also 25$ for a month, tbh i could easily buy some AAA games on steam with that amount of cash.
Hey Kremek127, thanks for checking in :)

We are planning a public post shortly to give an update on development. The $25 build in August was a test for Champion tier and was not considered a new build, we’ll work on the versioning to better identify that. If you were a previous patron of ours (firstly, thank you!), you will have seen daily news and updates in the discord server. We have spent the past 6 weeks working tirelessly on the extended castle environment of Grimgate itself. This is no small task but is vital in order to build a playable world environment in which we can introduce gameplay and RPG features, as well as new NPCs and sex animations. There will be varied tiers of builds to play during October, and we will try our best for a public build also to show the progress. In the meantime, we thank everybody for their continued interest and patience - it’s going to be worth it :)

~ Anika

kremek127

Jul 19, 2018
Hey Kremek127, thanks for checking in :)

We are planning a public post shortly to give an update on development. The $25 build in August was a test for Champion tier and was not considered a new build, we’ll work on the versioning to better identify that. If you were a previous patron of ours (firstly, thank you!), you will have seen daily news and updates in the discord server. We have spent the past 6 weeks working tirelessly on the extended castle environment of Grimgate itself. This is no small task but is vital in order to build a playable world environment in which we can introduce gameplay and RPG features, as well as new NPCs and sex animations. There will be varied tiers of builds to play during October, and we will try our best for a public build also to show the progress. In the meantime, we thank everybody for their continued interest and patience - it’s going to be worth it :)

~ Anika
I can understand your ambitions and i'm happy for your fervor to work. But that won't encourage people to support you. I wasn't your patreon, i am just the guy who is interested in your creation. Right now i'm pledging few patreons which one of them is DerelictHelmsman. I'm supporting him because he is updating his project almost 3 times for the month. I believe people would enjoy smaller but more frequent builds, mostly because there are so many good projects but haven't seen updates in months even years. I would definitely support your game if the price point was much lower and the updates frequent.

Reactions: Thanzo
3.90 star(s) 7 Votes