3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
i got stuck in character creation
Perfect, thank you that helps to identify this. The build was set for 1080 resolution, it appears you are using something different as the body slider UI is covering the “finish” button. Resolution options were not added to this build, but will be available in future builds for public testing :)
Hi there, please see above. This will not be updated until next build.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
we have introduced the very first voiced NPC with quest, dialogue and planned animations. This has only been implemented partially
Latest dev talk of the nwe release:

Feb 29 at 11:13am
Grimgate 0.2.7 release notes

We had had huge plans for this build - a brand new, fully voiced NPC, quest, gameplay and new animations. Anika worked on the script and shipped it off for the fantastic Pixie Willow to record, while Amra worked on the new NPC model and gameplay. Unfortunately, we ran into several personal emergencies halfway through the month, which meant we were only able to release the first part of the quest, with item interaction at a very first pass. Despite this, we're confident the concept is solid, and in the meantime, you can still get a teaser of what is to come next month in terms of NPCs, voiceover and gameplay. There will also likely be some additional polish to the NPC and player character. You still have access to all previous content from other builds, however, please make a note to check the "known issues" section of the changelog as there may be a few bugs as this is very WIP.
As always, thanks for your support and interest in the project. Any questions, drop below or jump in Discord for an in-depth chat!
Grimgate 0.2.7 changelog
Changes and additions:
  • Added Grimgate's first voiced NPC, Lilah, and first pass quest setting up her backstory.
  • Numerous back-end upgrades to character customisation system that will be visible in future updates.
Known issues that will be fixed in future update:
  • Mesh penetration issue back of Adventurer's Jerkin.
  • Various UI inconsistencies, ie. certain items do not show correct stats and bonuses in the Character Sheet.
  • No Graphics settings/Control remapping menu. This will be implemented in-game ASAP and released in Grimgate 0.3.0.
  • There are some old barrels laying around the camp area that can be opened but may cause bugs. Beware.
  • Minimap is incorrect in caves.
  • Weapon pivot is incorrect when jumping.
  • Unarmed attacks have no hitbox, so don't attempt to punch skeletons to death just yet.
  • Skeletons have some issues with turning on the spot.
  • To climb out of the pool in the caves, you'll need to try both sets of stairs as one of them is too high to climb out of - swimming will be implemented very soon!
  • Foot IK can freak out a bit when standing off a ledge.
  • Some issues with Planar Reflection flickering at certain view angles.
  • It's possible to get around certain collision geometry and "out of the world" if you're persistent enough and jump upon the right spots. If you get stuck this way please restart your game!
Controls:
  • WASD - move/strafe
  • Mouse - look/aim
  • Tab - toggle walk
  • Left Shift - sprint
  • Left Alt - dash
  • V - toggle combat stance
  • Left Click - attack (in combat stance)
  • I - open inventory
  • E - interact with the current target

Anika

Reactions: Horny Police Robot

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
That’s a shame - hopefully you have better luck with future optimized builds
Sure, just make settings avaible and I think i can have 10 - 15 fps. Usually on my performance affects Bloom, Shadows and his draw distance, Grass density and draw distance, Shaders and quantity of objects on 10m2(or some like that number).

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
Damn, why all the top quality animations & graphics game has to aim for the absolute bigger... I can't get smooth gameplay but the quality makes me drool and also sad that this game might take years to be fully fledged...

I just hope for a game like Last Hope merged with this game's quality and world, with tons of animations and content... It seems i have wait more...

Nevertheless, i was craving for a new game like that. I will wait for the next one or two updates to check it out again, hopefully with my new PC. I like a solid gameplay and a game with good gameplay makes the NSFW content much better but just like everyone else, i am here mainly for the NSFW content.

Just because the top notch quality, as soon as my new PC arrives i'll submit my pledge and i'll probably be a long runner if i keep seeing more of these animations.

Also, amazing work with Unity. Didn't see any other game than Rust that uses this engine like that. I wonder which games you guys worked on :D

Reactions: Grave Companions

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Damn, why all the top quality animations & graphics game has to aim for the absolute bigger... I can't get smooth gameplay but the quality makes me drool and also sad that this game might take years to be fully fledged...

I just hope for a game like Last Hope merged with this game's quality and world, with tons of animations and content... It seems i have wait more...

Nevertheless, i was craving for a new game like that. I will wait for the next one or two updates to check it out again, hopefully with my new PC. I like a solid gameplay and a game with good gameplay makes the NSFW content much better but just like everyone else, i am here mainly for the NSFW content.

Just because the top notch quality, as soon as my new PC arrives i'll submit my pledge and i'll probably be a long runner if i keep seeing more of these animations.

Also, amazing work with Unity. Didn't see any other game than Rust that uses this engine like that. I wonder which games you guys worked on :D
Thanks so much for your feedback! I believe you really will love what we’re creating, especially as we move forward and release more polished content. New animations will be a very high priority also. Look forward to having your join the Companions on Patreon...then we can chat endlessly about it on Discord! :) thanks again for your interest in the project.
~ Anika

Reactions: ak47 and Androinz

avanterious

Nov 15, 2019
OK. I have some issue. Why can't I pick up anything or interact when I start playing? All press key(for example 'E' for pick up) are unresponsive, and when I click the mouse, I hear the sound of a hit, but the character doesn't take any action. Anyone for help?

mikusiek

Sep 28, 2017
yo, both versions the newest and public build are no good for me. the newest one crashes during loading I suppose it's character creation. the 0.1 does work, I can walk, I can fight, but when I enter lustbook it crashes the same way.

here I attach logs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

looks very promising tho, sadly I cant reach the content :(

crash logs in .zip

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
OK. I have some issue. Why can't I pick up anything or interact when I start playing? All press key(for example 'E' for pick up) are unresponsive, and when I click the mouse, I hear the sound of a hit, but the character doesn't take any action. Anyone for help?
yo, both versions the newest and public build are no good for me. the newest one crashes during loading I suppose it's character creation. the 0.1 does work, I can walk, I can fight, but when I enter lustbook it crashes the same way.

here I attach logs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

looks very promising tho, sadly I cant reach the content :(

crash logs in .zip

Hi guys, thanks so much for checking us out and for your interest in the project. Please see response below in regards to performance. I apologize I cannot give a more comprehensive response or a solution, but these issues will be amended in future builds that are specific for public testing. In the meantime, I’d suggest following this thread to keep up to date on changes coming in the next couple of months. Alternatively, you can view teasers of most of our animations on .
Thanks guys, just a reminder as I posted earlier...this is actually a leaked Patron-only test build and was only intended to be played by a specific group of testers with certain rigs. Therefore it has performance issues, bugs and unfinished features. We understand that builds get leaked, it can’t be avoided, but please note that if you are playing a build that has not been explicitly posted by Grave Companions (I will post an additional comment in the thread to identify this), then you can expect to encounter issues. I’ll try and offer support as best I can here though :)

Reactions: mikusiek

tsubakichou

Oct 13, 2018
So the game wont even load on mid-tier PCs, my rig is an i7 4770, GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB RAM. I click on the Exe, looks like its loading but it's not. And it just crashes everything like Chrome, Window's Explorer afterward when you exterminate it.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
So the game wont even load on mid-tier PCs, my rig is an i7 4770, GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB RAM. I click on the Exe, looks like its loading but it's not. And it just crashes everything like Chrome, Window's Explorer afterward when you exterminate it.
Hey there, please refer to posts directly above yours. These issues will be addressed in future builds.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
I'm stuck at char creation...
Hi, please see comment below
Perfect, thank you that helps to identify this. The build was set for 1080 resolution, it appears you are using something different as the body slider UI is covering the “finish” button. Resolution options were not added to this build, but will be available in future builds for public testing :)

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes