3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

ZenArcas

Jul 10, 2017
Lol this game has no content. Unless I'm missing something the only thing you get is a skeleton to fight. No sex, no nothing. Tavern says it's under construction

Reactions: IamDead666999!

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Lol this game has no content. Unless I'm missing something the only thing you get is a skeleton to fight. No sex, no nothing. Tavern says it's under construction
so I spawned in a city with a blacksmith and a trader with a skeleton at the end of the area but there's nothing else I can do, even interacting with them cant do anything
Hey guys, can you confirm which build your playing? 0.4.0 definitely has access to Grimgate Tavern cellar, which is where you can find the Lustranomicon and all the sex animations. Check to make sure you're not playing 0.3.0 as this was just an environment test with no adult content in it.

Reactions: srg91

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Sooo I played the latest version.. its nice... really like uhm.... HDRP is incredible!
I was hoping that I could get out of town, but no..
I also see some similarities on the movement animations (trust me I do notice them cause I love 3D female protagonist)
I wish you luck on the development!
Thanks for checking it out :) Yep, HDRP is cool...but having a HDRP wizard on our dev team is even cooler ;) More exciting pretty stuff to come in future once the gameplay is in!

Reactions: mobiuscares101

ZenArcas

Jul 10, 2017
Hey guys, can you confirm which build your playing? 0.4.0 definitely has access to Grimgate Tavern cellar, which is where you can find the Lustranomicon and all the sex animations. Check to make sure you're not playing 0.3.0 as this was just an environment test with no adult content in it.
It says 4.0.

Zazazap

May 22, 2018
Hey guys, 0.4.0 was a patron build with test features for a very small group of players. The updated build on here was uploaded by a mod. It was not intended for mass distribution to new players. As far as I've tested, the build on here is cracked and doesn't require Patreon authentication, so there is no "paywall" here for you. Moving forward, we will have content available for public access and paying players, but it will be much clearer what you are downloading. For new players, we will recommend the official public build (due very soon, with optimisation for a bigger audience), and anyone who chooses to play cracked/unofficial versions are free to do so obviously, but we won't be able to provide official support on these versions. Additionally, the Patreon tiers are unlikely to change in future.
Every dev in the world knows F95 has a unique culture of players with strong opinions on the monetisation of games, which I completely understand and I'm here despite that. I'd just really love to be able to continue having a presence here, so I can personally clarify any gameplay-related queries and be here for anybody interested in learning more, regardless of if they're a Patron or not. If the thread gets swamped with comments about monetisation or distribution, then, unfortunately, there's not much I can engage with.
Let me know if there's anything I can contribute and I'll do my best to assist :)
(in the meantime we'll get back to developing ;) )
Oh thanks for the clarification ! I was wondering why upload the build on there if there is a paywall, but if it was uploaded by a mod this explains that.
IMO, fighting agains piracy is pretty pointless, even more if you're an indie dev and can't afford more expensive protection systems... It reminds me my last work, where they had piracy issues, and I told them to "let it go" and encourage people who got pirated versions to get a genuine version, and it worked, we got new clients thanks to this strategy ^_^
Also, I am not home yet so I have very bad connexion, but I will test the build ASAP.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Why is this tagged character creation? Am i missing something?
Hey there, thanks for checking out the project :)
Character creation will be reintroduced in future, please read the comment below which should clear up confusion with this build:
To try and clear this up...0.4.0 was released to Patrons over a month ago, I was only aware of the updated post here because of the new traffic in the thread. While I am the publisher of the OP, I haven't personally edited it since the very first public build we released here over a year ago. I think that's where all the miscommunication is coming from. We will only update the post here with official public builds, if a mod updates with a cracked release then it's bound to cause confusion but that's just the way it is until our public build is ready to refer people to. The character creation was deliberately not in 0.4.0 as this build was in place to test out other features specific only to our patrons while the customisation is under construction. My only intention is to try and clear up any confusion, I'm not trying to cause offense or even drum up support for our project right now. The coming months will bring new content and a lot of Patreon and other posts updated to improve communication. Not much that can't be resolved with clear communication :)

Tanoub

Oct 8, 2017
Well, as I'm not supporting the project until I really tried it, when will a version with the full game (and character customization) be available here ?

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Well, as I'm not supporting the project until I really tried it, when will a version with the full game (and character customization) be available here ?
Thanks for checking out the project :)

Given the scope of our game (3D and open world), it won’t be “finished” likely for several years. However, we will continue to update playable builds throughout develop to show progress and play new content. Reintroducing upgraded character customization is high priority and on the agenda for the next couple of months. A new public build will be available soon, so you can test it out and make a choice if you would like to pledge or just support us by playing and enjoying the free version :)

Reactions: rodgerroe

ZenArcas

Jul 10, 2017
I retract my previous statement. There is sex in this. Just didn't navigate the tavern menu properly cause I'm dumb. As for the sex scenes. Pretty good animation, performance wise this is rougher than it has any business being. Good for a quick wank but not much else. The MC model is great so just adding more animations, scenes and maybe some actual in story reason for them to happen and it'll feel more fulfilling than seeing a quality 3d model getting smashed by huge dicks. As it stands this is a prototype more than anything else, for what this could become. And if the devs keep deving it should be a quality product.

rodgerroe

Aug 6, 2019
Some feedback for the developer. I know that you're working hard at your game and its looking good, but you REALLY need to communicate better. The last reply from you in the Patreon community section was a year ago. The only other form of communication on your page is Twitter, which hasn't had an update since May. I seriously thought Grimgate was abandoned until I saw your recent comments on this site.

Daedalus43

Aug 1, 2017
So let me get this straight. Is 0.4 the first with adult content (7 scenes) but still with ZERO plot and no exiting the outpost? Environment is great and all, but great games have thrived with 2D cities or just landmark maps, on the strength of their story.

kremek127

Jul 19, 2018
I don't know how did u play this game, 0.3 had adult content same as it is right now, 0.2.6 version didn't have witch/haloween animations. That's it.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Some feedback for the developer. I know that you're working hard at your game and its looking good, but you REALLY need to communicate better. The last reply from you in the Patreon community section was a year ago. The only other form of communication on your page is Twitter, which hasn't had an update since May. I seriously thought Grimgate was abandoned until I saw your recent comments on this site.
Thanks for your feedback, Roger :) we'll try to do better in future but thank you for your continued support and interest.

Reactions: rodgerroe
3.90 star(s) 7 Votes