3.90 star(s) 7 Votes
Oct 17, 2017
FIFTEEN dollars just to get access to the character creation. Dev just killed his game. lol
Honestly I was like fuck it, usually this stuff is 5 bucks a month to get access to, I'll throw the dev some cash. Nope, lol, I was going to see if the old versions were free, but the patreon post for 3.0 said I need to become a $25 patreon to access it.

Deleted, I'll check back in a few months to see if the dev isn't charging super high fees.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
We need more previews, I can't tell anything about the quality from 3-4 pictures which doesn't show much.
FIFTEEN dollars just to get access to the character creation. Dev just killed his game. lol
Honestly I was like fuck it, usually this stuff is 5 bucks a month to get access to, I'll throw the dev some cash. Nope, lol, I was going to see if the old versions were free, but the patreon post for 3.0 said I need to become a $25 patreon to access it.

Deleted, I'll check back in a few months to see if the dev isn't charging super high fees.
nice game,nice graphics but the patreon cost is too high
Not the worst patreon bullshitery I've seen, but it's bad enough to avoid on general principle. So unless someone makes cracked versions to post I'mma pass on this.
Looks promising enough for me to support but 15$ per month for the full game content is bs. Pass.
Hey guys, thanks for checking out the build! I appreciate your perspective. If you have a read through the most recent replies over the past 6mths you'll see a lot of your concerns addressed. We are undergoing big updates to the project, which involves heaps of new content for the public, so you can get a better trial before you choose to pledge. Due to COVID, this has taken a bit of time but we're still on track. At the end of the day, of course, we rely on Patreon support for the game to even exist, but we want every person pledging for the right reasons and to be happy with their choice! Moving forward, the overall user experience will be much more transparent and enjoyable so everyone's expectations are met, patron or f95er :)
I'd encourage you to definitely check in again at the end of October, I'll be sure to update the post here so you can keep up to date :)

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for checking out the build! I appreciate your perspective. If you have a read through the most recent replies over the past 6mths you'll see a lot of your concerns addressed. We are undergoing big updates to the project, which involves heaps of new content for the public, so you can get a better trial before you choose to pledge. Due to COVID, this has taken a bit of time but we're still on track. At the end of the day, of course, we rely on Patreon support for the game to even exist, but we want every person pledging for the right reasons and to be happy with their choice! Moving forward, the overall user experience will be much more transparent and enjoyable so everyone's expectations are met, patron or f95er :)
I'd encourage you to definitely check in again at the end of October, I'll be sure to update the post here so you can keep up to date :)
Lol they really using the "we gotta eat too" argument. I hope your bourgeois of supporters can pick up the slack from all the sane people jumping ship.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Lol they really using the "we gotta eat too" argument. I hope your bourgeois of supporters can pick up the slack from all the sane people jumping ship.
Sorry to come across that way, not trying to :) I completely understand all the points made here, just going to be some major changes coming soon...better to show than tell. :)

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sorry to come across that way, not trying to :) I completely understand all the points made here, just going to be some major changes coming soon...better to show than tell. :)
What you are doing right now is pushing people away. If you're trying to generate hype, you've done the opposite. People are obviously not pleased with what the paywall, and rather than try to explain yourself, you're making vague promises and telling people to check back at the end of October. Hell, one dude just wanted more preview images added. Like it's great that you're making a lot of changes or whatever, but that wasn't what people were concerned about.
But sure, you do you. If you don't want to explain to people why you're charging 15+ dollars for the full demo, understand that people will just find something that's more transparent and affordable.

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
What you are doing right now is pushing people away. If you're trying to generate hype, you've done the opposite. People are obviously not pleased with what the paywall, and rather than try to explain yourself, you're making vague promises and telling people to check back at the end of October. Hell, one dude just wanted more preview images added. Like it's great that you're making a lot of changes or whatever, but that wasn't what people were concerned about.
But sure, you do you. If you don't want to explain to people why you're charging 15+ dollars for the full demo, understand that people will just find something that's more transparent and affordable.
I appreciate your criticism, I'm happy to answer any appropriate questions regarding game content or features as best I can. Regarding preview images, I completely agree, and this is just one of many items on our agenda for a refresh in the coming weeks.
We hear you guys. However, marketing, cost and distribution is something we'll handle internally and adjust as we progress as needed. Moving forward, it's probably most conducive to keep conversation focussed on game-related questions. :)

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
less talk - show something. btw. why can't we block games (as a filter) we've sorted out. There is a couple of games I would love not to see in the "latest updates" list. :)
Agreed, that's why our priority is to bring out an interactive public build that is accessible as possible for as many people as possible. We know that the demo will speak for itself :) working our butts off to get it to that point!

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
Just a quick note - I only just realised the post has been updated to 0.4.0. The content in that build is vastly different from what is outlined on the OP. This doesn't contain any character customisation content, so I understand that confusion and frustration. The unfortunate side effect of not having control over which build is active on here, but hopefully, the public build that we upload will iron all that out in future and the OP can be more accurate :)

Grave Companions

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2019
here is a new player commin... download the game without reading comments.and here is the new player leaving...
We're honest devs with an inspired plan :) if there are miscommunications along the way I'm truly sorry but happy to try and work anything out :) in the meantime, we'll keep chugging along and hope you prefer what we develop in future (y)

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes