Ren'Py Guest House [v0.2.2] [Soft Whisper Games]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Do you want me to delete everything after Chapter 1 and revert the game back to a kinetic novel?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Aground9437

Nov 8, 2022
Another vote for scrapping the text box here ... dev might like the look, but give us the option to use the default or transparent one.
you can try one of these. Just drop it in the game folder. Works almost everytime

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
The beginning was promising but with last release being a wikipedia dump and now patreon wanting sandbox for some reason I can't get excited. Hopefully the patrons keep at it and didn't just troll the dev with the sandbox thing.

Reactions: tomas024
Mar 22, 2020
It does appear to end after the Korean history lesson (palace trip).
You get back to the house, sandbox, visit various girls rooms, have pointless chat then ...
After several 5-7? chats with a girl you get the "will you be my girlfriend" and she'll pose for pics, dance and masturbate in front of you.

When they are all your girlfriend speak to Jiho about creating a harem ... then speak with landlady, this appears to be the end of it ...

This doesn't appear to be very well thought out.
Tedious sandbox with no hints ... great.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomas024 and EZ8lt

supernova874

Sep 18, 2019
It was great until the Sandbox , thank you for your game up until 0.2 ,don't like wasting my time in sandbox ,at least at quest marks and some easy navigation don't do the mistake the rest doing ...

Reactions: tomas024

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
the sandbox thing isn't a extreme problem if done right.
IMO there are not a lot that do it well enough to compensate the player who just wants to be entertained and not have to work for it

there only a few games on here that i enjoyed and were sand box such as : harem hotel,Hail Dicktator & the anomalous dr vibes
then there the hybrid ones like : badik & desert stalker , its not really a sandbox game but because they have the free roam sandbox options they do get the tag

IMO this avn could be a decent one, not a top 10 kinda VN but one you'd enjoy playing
the added sandbox currently doesn't add much value but it can be expanded upon to make things work in the end.
but currently it just adds more steps to enjoy the AVN

the real issue here IMO is that after the initial release ,some development decisions were put to the new & small patreon community to vote on.(for me that means the dev does not have a idea on where to take the game,or is indecisive )
the only reason i'd think that might work is that if this some kinda learning project to gain experience for a other project

if that is not the case i'd suggest : make the large decisions yourself (such as sand box vs VN)and put smaller things to a vote when you've reached a bigger voting like 100+ subs.
You could make a F95 poll if you wanted to add more opinions but i'd should carry less weight because supporters are invested more then F95 users.
Example for small decision: you're on the fence between 2 hairstyle/outfits for a girl and are fine with ether.

My advice right now Soft Whisper is: sit down somewhere with a drink and spend a hour or so thinking about the AVN.
What do YOU want and how will YOU do it.
Then stick to that for like 2-3 content updates before making anymore bigger decisions regardless off feedback be it positive or negative.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It does appear to end after the Korean history lesson (palace trip).
You get back to the house, sandbox, visit various girls rooms, have pointless chat then ...
After several 5-7? chats with a girl you get the "will you be my girlfriend" and she'll pose for pics, dance and masturbate in front of you.

When they are all your girlfriend speak to Jiho about creating a harem ... then speak with landlady, this appears to be the end of it ...

This doesn't appear to be very well thought out.
Tedious sandbox with no hints ... great.
i chatted the hell out of all the girls ... and got no where after that :mad:

Mar 22, 2020
i chatted the hell out of all the girls ... and got no where after that :mad:
It definitely progressed for me after <10 chats with each girl.
I started with chatting to each girl 2x, then went to the landlady, and kept chatting to her until dialogue changed to "will you be my girlfriend". Then did the same for all the girls.

tomas024

Apr 30, 2018
It definitely progressed for me after <10 chats with each girl.
I started with chatting to each girl 2x, then went to the landlady, and kept chatting to her until dialogue changed to "will you be my girlfriend". Then did the same for all the girls.
whats the point, goal ,and so on, of this going 2x 3x 4x........???? dont understand the objectif.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Oh for fucks sake. Not only sandbox, the game is now a total grinder, too :FacePalm:

Did a check on one of the girls sandbox script file - you have to repeat the "talk" at least 6 times to get to the next level there. And that without any hints, tasks or something else. Only with trial and error in a gameplay. Well, hope the patrons are happy now...

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
the sandbox thing isn't a extreme problem if done right.
IMO there are not a lot that do it well enough to compensate the player who just wants to be entertained and not have to work for it

there only a few games on here that i enjoyed and were sand box such as : harem hotel,Hail Dicktator & the anomalous dr vibes
then there the hybrid ones like : badik & desert stalker , its not really a sandbox game but because they have the free roam sandbox options they do get the tag

IMO this avn could be a decent one, not a top 10 kinda VN but one you'd enjoy playing
the added sandbox currently doesn't add much value but it can be expanded upon to make things work in the end.
but currently it just adds more steps to enjoy the AVN

the real issue here IMO is that after the initial release ,some development decisions were put to the new & small patreon community to vote on.(for me that means the dev does not have a idea on where to take the game,or is indecisive )
the only reason i'd think that might work is that if this some kinda learning project to gain experience for a other project

if that is not the case i'd suggest : make the large decisions yourself (such as sand box vs VN)and put smaller things to a vote when you've reached a bigger voting like 100+ subs.
You could make a F95 poll if you wanted to add more opinions but i'd should carry less weight because supporters are invested more then F95 users.
Example for small decision: you're on the fence between 2 hairstyle/outfits for a girl and are fine with ether.

My advice right now Soft Whisper is: sit down somewhere with a drink and spend a hour or so thinking about the AVN.
What do YOU want and how will YOU do it.
Then stick to that for like 2-3 content updates before making anymore bigger decisions regardless off feedback be it positive or negative.
Yeah, I was going for a simpler version of Harem Hotel with a smaller scope, but I guess no one like it... :cry: I'm feeling pretty down, so I'm going to take a minute. Maybe run some polls.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
Game has great start, funny moments/conversations, smoking hot Asian gals - they are rare. Just stick with your original plan for this project - sandbox definitely never was part of it. To me it looks like your paid members on patreon influenced you too much and you did what you did.
And what is more important - move on with the story, it feels like we stuck after second sex scene (it was hilarious btw, especially Sujin with bat :D)

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes