Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
I'm curious, is the game open world?
If yes,
  • Is the open world just a link between one event and another, where you have to run an event on a certain day and can't postpone the event as long as you want, For example The Inn
  • Or the open world is really a world where all the events are scattered and you are free to postpone it as long as you want, for example A House In The Rift, Corrupted kingdoms
That's all I want to know, sorry if something is difficult for you to understand
2nd. Once the game opens up I will be putting events into the game. You will be able to progress the events towards girls / main story / side story you are interested and skip the ones you aren't interested.

Reactions: Seikatsu Shin

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
GOSA 0.27
0.28 is already available!​
- Continuation of the story. Ride the carriage with the new character!
- New modifier system applied on renders.
This allows me to i.e. bounce foreground while the background remains still. This was used in the carriage riding compound animation.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
GOSA 0.28
To ensure longevity of the game. Internal changes that may be invisible are required.
- All buttons are now hidden behind a single toggle button. To access i.e. the relations view, you simply slide down all the buttons. This not only eliminates buttons during the visual novel mode, but also makes some of the renders look nicer since some of the shadows were previously cutting onto the characters.
- The windows have been internally refactored, allowing the animation to be stopped midway during the transition from closed to open.
- When the bounce background modifier is turned on and images with boundary bleed are added, a scale modifier is also added to ensure that no heads are slightly chopped off, such as when riding a cart. Thanks Ryleona
- The load screen title bar has been adjusted to look like one UI instead of having a gap in the middle.
- The position of the history screen close button has been adjusted to be displayed above the opening button.
- The previously hidden trail renderer is now visible.
- Internally changing initialization of few components and sorting layer rearrangement.
- The history screen now includes animations.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
so the bug is only fixed for patrons? everyone else has to deal with it?
Yeah he makes you pay for bug fixes and UI updates. Almost every bump he does he's just adding either QOL changes or bug fixes. So yeah if you're experiencing a bug that's too bad! Maybe if you're lucky he'll let us peasants get the bug fix update in several months time.
It was only reported on some devices. I have no idea how many it is affecting. I myself didn't had a problem.
You're dodging the question. If it was worth "fixing" then you acknowledge that it's a problem for some people yet only patreons will have the fix. The answer you're looking for is "Yes. Yes people who pay on patreon get the bug fixes months in advanced."

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GuildOfSpicyAdventures-0.22
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Almost every bump he does he's just adding either QOL changes or bug fixes
That's not true, just look at changelog. This update was pushed from 0.20 to 0.22 which has two story pushes... If this would make it better for you I can just hide the information what I am doing behind the scenes...

"Yes. Yes people who pay on patreon get the bug fixes months in advanced."
Yes. Exactly like most of the FREE games that are patreon supported. The game is free if you want it free, just wait.

Even if you hate me... thank you for taking interest in the game. ❤

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
That's not true, just look at changelog. This update was pushed from 0.20 to 0.22 which has two story pushes... If this would make it better for you I can just hide the information what I am doing behind the scenes...

Yes. Exactly like most of the FREE games that are patreon supported. The game is free if you want it free, just wait.

Even if you hate me... thank you for taking interest in the game. ❤
I don't hate you man. I love the game so far although I only played the first update so far because I'm waiting until there's enough content for me to be able to sit down and play for a while. That being said you do have to realise that charging for bug fixes is not going to be a popular move with potential fans. I want to believe that you're not doing this on purpose. I believe what's actually happening is that you don't know how to use github or something so you only have one set of code. This means that to release a bug fix you'd also have to release content that you aren't planning to release yet which is causing you to fix bugs and forcing F2Ps to wait.

I'd advise learning how to use github so that you can add non-story changes like bug fixes to the F2P branch while not having to give away the content in the paid branch.

"I can just hide the information what I am doing behind the scenes..." I mean that doesn't exactly solve the issue. If there were no change logs I'd assume that there wasn't anything in the update worth installing for. These days every game I play I ask myself "is this game worth installing on an update per update basis". I think that this game strongly falls under the "no" section. It's fun but because it's custom made the length of the content is pretty short. That being said it's even worse when you consider some updates I'd end up installing on an update per update basis don't contain any content to begin with. This would happen with new players too who would see the game get bumped only to not be able to tell what content was added because it was a bug fix or a UI change or something.

"Yes. Exactly like most of the FREE games that are patreon supported. The game is free if you want it free, just wait."
If you can point me to another patreon game with a free counterpart that makes F2Ps wait for bug fixes while giving them to patreons early I'll be extremely surprised and impressed. I've not seen a single other dev do this and I believe it's because they're using github and they don't want to make F2Ps, which all potential patreons start as, have a bad impression. Because in doing so you're potentially gimping your revenue.

To clarify again, I don't hate you, I just think you're misguided here. There are plenty of games which take a while to develop an update because of custom animations or models and they're doing fine. I really like the game and it's direction so far which is why I'm worried about the ghost bumps (this update wasn't a ghost but this game has probably built a rep for it now) and the whole paid bug fixes thing. If I didn't care I wouldn't be making these posts. At the end of the day you're free to develop and update the game however you please but I'm just worried about the sustainability of these iffy practices. First impressions matter a lot and can shape an entire game's public perception.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
I'd advise learning how to use github so that you can add non-story changes like bug fixes to the F2P branch while not having to give away the content in the paid branch.
I know github just knowing github doesn't solve the issues.

I want to believe that you're not doing this on purpose. I believe what's actually happening is that you don't know how to use github or something so you only have one set of code. This means that to release a bug fix you'd also have to release content that you aren't planning to release yet which is causing you to fix bugs and forcing F2Ps to wait.
The process behind game dev is way more complicated. I am dev with experience making other games.
Let's say that in 0.20 I introduce a bug that I am not aware of. Month later I get a message. Hey fix this. I fix this in 0.23.
Now I would have to reupload version 0.23 next to supporter version. I have at this point double the versions (which would be from 3 to 6) I need to keep track of. Not only this, but every single branch made like this would take me time to reupload. While I can be spending time on making other things.

It's fun but because it's custom made the length of the content is pretty short.
As you can tell it's custom, but not only the animations and characters are custom. I spend HOURS on custom code, because I want to be satisfied not only in the game itself, but also the internal code behind the scenes which I would be able to reuse later when I need it. If I wouldn't be doing that I would just choose renpy since it's more stable with less features that I want to make.
Imagine this also. I make code in 0.20 with a story. I need to change the code to include a new feature in 0.21. I make the code change.
But wait... there was a bug in 0.20 old code ( which is no longer present on 0.21). Now I would need to go back to 0.20 spend another few hours fixing a code that would be not even used past 0.21. Yet guess what, there is 3x the 'branches' I need to keep track of. That's waste of time and no one does this other than people who can afford programmers to maintain other branches. Even more, most people who can afford few cheap devs don't do this. It's just unrealistic.

I don't know where are you seeing 'free to play branches'. Games that I see are just pushing builds further and further. Click any of the most popular games and you will see there are only branches synchronized with patreon. They keep one changelog. In reality if there would be a FIX on their changelogs, would have an information next to entry "This code was brought to free branch". Since they obviously wouldn't bring patreon delayed new features back to the free branches.

At the end I'm sorry if this kind of versioning doesn't satisfy you, but when I am working 10+ hours a day on code, I don't want to take away in reality half of this time just to code bug fixes in legacy code that I would throw away in version with new feature. It's just unrealistic for me to comply with that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ❤

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Oh I see where you're coming from now. I guess this is just the nature of having few patreons to bug test while also having them be 8 updates in front of F2Ps. I have noticed as of recent that the bumps have had actual content in them rather than just bug fixes and UI changes you've been getting better in that regard. I'd just make sure for future reference to group up all the bug fixes with the public releases instead of holding them back for bump purposes like you did originally. I guess you stopped doing that which is why I assumed you still were but checking the change logs it seems like you might not be doing that anymore.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hikkeiru

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
... I am only seeing [oral sex] tag. no vaginal or anal.
is this a tagging error? or is there no vaginal in the game yet?

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
So is it only the MC that harrasses and molests his companions or do enemies too when they lose a battle or something?

Reactions: Hikkeiru

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
So is it only the MC that harrasses and molests his companions or do enemies too when they lose a battle or something?
1st for sure, but second I don't wanna commit to saying anything. If I will implement a system that would lead me this way then other enemies also. Yet if I would figure out something else then no. I can't tell now. ❤

Reactions: Mfka5

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
I would like to see enemies getting some action too, woulda warrant a download for me xD

4.10 star(s) 21 Votes