• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
It's edited MTL, is the english at least legible?
It's not great. There are quite a few bits where it almost seems like a perfect translation but every now and then it kinda "devolves", like one person begins speaking normally but then has a sudden brain malfunction mid conversation. But if you're wondering if after all that can you still get the gist of what's going on, then yes.

Jan 15, 2021
Its as childish as ppl like you coming here and complain about ppl complaining and trying to justify doing a MTL, please tell me whats the point of the MTL if not a childish way for adult ppl to get their attention? MTL is same level as Transcodes in music uploads, instead uploading a 128kpbs file someone goes to the trouble to transcode it to 320kbps and claim it as such to get some attention to tickle their egos. 128 is rather bad quality nowadays, encoding it to a higher lossy quality will not make it sound better, it actually will make it sound worse than the 128 cause encoding from lossy to lossy will make the quality degrade further, MTL are same level, to tickle their own egos and get some attention they make a no effort MTL which is basically unreadable anyway, but that MTL in 99.9% cases blocks a proper translation chance, cause no one ever picks a game that was MTLed as a translation project, only thing we can count on then is Kagura picking this up. BTW your reasoning is massively flawed :" Its the only method of playing a game for somebody who does not speak japanese. Its either you learn japanese or you do not play the game.", no cause MTL is still unreadable gibberish so why bother with it instead playing it with japanese kanji, your not gonna understand the game in both cases so why bother with MTL.
I dunno about being childish, I see those people complaining about MTL in every Thread which features MTL. Why can't they just ignore it and not play it then?
"Proper Translation Chance," you know that H-games were essentially a purely japanese concept for a long time and their market for H-games is gigantic? Kagura is only one company, that got very lazy at this point, which can only translate a couple of games they get the license of. Not to mention that Kagura also does some extremely stupid decisions, like translating games which already have a very good fan translation.
Now the only alternative would be free translators or a few independent patreon translators. Which also can only work very slowly on one single game and will never be able to keep up with the japanese market.
MTLs is what you get for a whole lot of games out there, ever. Period.
MTLs are also not meant to be perfectly understandable. They're meant to give you a rough idea of what you have to do next to proceed. That is it. So you can still play the game reasonably.
What an MTL is at the end is just somebody taking the effort, to translate every line with a translator for you. So you do not have to have a clipper and a translation program running at all times.

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
MTL = Early Access v0.01
Functional MTL = Early Access v0.02b, v0.03c
Edited = Early Access v0.5
Errors go die please = Early Access v0.6c, v0.8d
Manually Translated = v0.9a (oh yeah please have patience to wait few weeks or months, translators do need to read poems)
(NEWS INCOMING, some big a** company took it up, since its popular and sh**, oh damn why am I here just to suffer...)
Let say the native translator did mess up some which shouldnt be translated code = v0.10a
Edited Translated = v1.0
Recorrection, Rephrase = v1.1
(if case)Nobody plays your manual translation since got some big a** took it up = v1.2 (dead)

Lastly, thank you for your opinions on early access, but... whatever. Two version released,
Language: English Translator: *****a , English(MTL) oh wait why are you here go die pls
Let me rephrase it,
Language: English, Translator: *****a

Edited 1:
Solution, since I play so many H*ntai games, I have obtained the power of listen H*****, A*V*, go die MTL, download the original, but I'm scared its contained
malwares, I then go buy from the author and be happy, JP ver, Paid 2,100 yen. medetashi mededashi~

Edited 2:
worry not! It's 2022, we proudly introduced an AI which will capable to read emotional-based text, she will even spell them out for you~!
And, lucky, the initial released is from Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezra and ZenFaker

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno about being childish, I see those people complaining about MTL in every Thread which features MTL. Why can't they just ignore it and not play it then?
"Proper Translation Chance," you know that H-games were essentially a purely japanese concept for a long time and their market for H-games is gigantic? Kagura is only one company, that got very lazy at this point, which can only translate a couple of games they get the license of. Not to mention that Kagura also does some extremely stupid decisions, like translating games which already have a very good fan translation.
Now the only alternative would be free translators or a few independent patreon translators. Which also can only work very slowly on one single game and will never be able to keep up with the japanese market.
MTLs is what you get for a whole lot of games out there, ever. Period.
MTLs are also not meant to be perfectly understandable. They're meant to give you a rough idea of what you have to do next to proceed. That is it. So you can still play the game reasonably.
What an MTL is at the end is just somebody taking the effort, to translate every line with a translator for you. So you do not have to have a clipper and a translation program running at all times.
Wait dont make me bust my gut laughing, you call this sorry excuse an "effort"? He does not make any efforts, just simple ctrl+c ctrl+v over and over again, no effort whatsover, in Chirs Survival the person who did the MTL had almost every second line of text doubled, text goes out of boxes as well in many MTL cause of their "effort". You wanna see an effort? Look at Bitch Exorcist Rio 6 which was a very very heavily edited MTL or the posted here "fan translations" of Lilistea and Splendor, which both also are heavily edited MTLs, while some lnes sounded a little weird, most of them sounded like more proper translations, and all text wrapping was also done, those are efforts that someone did by doing MTL, not those sorry excuses spam posted recently which have zero in common with effort.
Ppl are complaining cause we got to see what can happen if someone puts in the effort in a MTL and makes it rough but perfectly understandable, instead in last few days we get spammed by MTL done by mostly 2 ppl, so tell me how much effort did they put in any of those MTLs if they can spam post 5 or so games in 2-3 days? I tell you how much effort, zero, none.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
So is this game playable, or is this yet another MTL game dumped full of game-breaking errors like the last 10+ MTL dumps we had in less than a week? It's bad enough that you can't even read the "translations" half the time, and instead guessing what some of the menu text means.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
So is this game playable, or is this yet another MTL game dumped full of game-breaking errors like the last 10+ MTL dumps we had in less than a week? It's bad enough that you can't even read the "translations" half the time, and instead guessing what some of the menu text means.
Same "translator" as majority of the recent copy/paste no effort MTLs.

• Angry
Reactions: Yukihirou

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
Same "translator" as majority of the recent copy/paste no effort MTLs.
tsk tsk tsk.... are you still living in your old era? MTL today doesnt require copy and paste.
Only the manual editing one doing copy and paste. Whether you like it or not, MTL will undergoing drastically change,
maybe at least not around your time, is like you're complaining about AIs replacing human's labour. Say the guy using internet.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
tsk tsk tsk.... are you still living in your old era? MTL today doesnt require copy and paste.
Only the manual editing one doing copy and paste. Whether you like it or not, MTL will undergoing drastically change,
maybe at least not around your time, is like you're complaining about AIs replacing human's labour. Say the guy using internet.
Ahahahah, mate this gibberish garbage will never replace anything, cause 90% of the time its not even translating anything, japanese is not a simple language where 1 word has 1 meaning and with no context it will never be translating a whole line just word by word using the most common word uses for single word meanings. There will be no drastical change, only more flooding of lazy no effort MTLs made by lazy slobs who need to enlarge their egos.

• Angry
Reactions: Yukihirou

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
Ahahahah, mate this gibberish garbage will never replace anything, cause 90% of the time its not even translating anything, japanese is not a simple language where 1 word has 1 meaning and with no context it will never be translating a whole line just word by word using the most common word uses for single word meanings. There will be no drastical change, only more flooding of lazy no effort MTLs made by lazy slobs who need to enlarge their egos.
thats why I said you were living your old era. And you even answered your own question, Good.
By that means, the one who making those tools are considering those obvious problems that anyone can think of,
well of course initially you have to pay, what's even worst, theres more lazy slobs than you can't think of that took other ppl instant-deployed files to make profit out of it just download and upload.
Well... can you still see what are you even arguing about now?

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
thats why I said you were living your old era. And you even answered your own question, Good.
By that means, the one who making those tools are considering those obvious problems that anyone can think of,
well of course initially you have to pay, what's even worst, theres more lazy slobs than you can't think of that took other ppl instant-deployed files to make profit out of it just download and upload.
Well... can you still see what are you even arguing about now?
Still protecting your laziness and need for attention? I already explained and named games that had MTL's as well but done with effort which made them quite good.

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
See my earlier post. Not encountered any game breaking bugs yet either.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
at this point you should learn to distinguish good edited MTL from garbage ones.
*Hint 1: look at first post and check for "translator" (sure they don't translate,it's the machine, but ask mod to change this), if he had done a good job MTLing a playable game before then a good chance other works by him is also playable.
*Hint 2: he's often active on game thread and translation thread of the same game bug fixing. You can find him on this thread right now.

Nimrod3

Apr 9, 2021
MTL is what you do when you use stuff like textractor to understand what's going on. If you don't do it, you just won't understand it. So, at the very least, when a game comes already machine translated, you don't have to do it yourself. Which is already an improvement for most people.

Translating text is not fun. These games are not manga chapters, they are not pamphlets. Some of these games are lord of the rings tomes of hard text, and they are not fun to read either. Between the scattered nature of the scenes, the many redundancies, the soul killing onomatpoeics, and most of the time the absolute lack of context, this is as easy as it is alienating. Like stacking boxes in an amazon sweatshop. It takes a lot of time and feels like watching paint dry.

If you think you are entitled to a good translation, you better be paying good money I say. And I wonder what good money looks like in a den of pirates.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, as the fat lady sings, you get what you fucking deserve.

Have a nice day.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes