• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Jan 15, 2021
Wait dont make me bust my gut laughing, you call this sorry excuse an "effort"? He does not make any efforts, just simple ctrl+c ctrl+v over and over again, no effort whatsover, in Chirs Survival the person who did the MTL had almost every second line of text doubled, text goes out of boxes as well in many MTL cause of their "effort". You wanna see an effort? Look at Bitch Exorcist Rio 6 which was a very very heavily edited MTL or the posted here "fan translations" of Lilistea and Splendor, which both also are heavily edited MTLs, while some lnes sounded a little weird, most of them sounded like more proper translations, and all text wrapping was also done, those are efforts that someone did by doing MTL, not those sorry excuses spam posted recently which have zero in common with effort.
Ppl are complaining cause we got to see what can happen if someone puts in the effort in a MTL and makes it rough but perfectly understandable, instead in last few days we get spammed by MTL done by mostly 2 ppl, so tell me how much effort did they put in any of those MTLs if they can spam post 5 or so games in 2-3 days? I tell you how much effort, zero, none.
A MTL is never meant to be "good" in the sense of it being more or less a interpreted translation. Its a tool and yes even that ctrl+c ctrl+v stuff takes effort. Not as much as a properly edited and interpreted MTL to make sense out of everything. But it still takes effort, that I'm not willing to spend time with for example. So I'm glad somebody else does it for me.
You get an MTL and play an MTL because you have no other choice, if you want to play the game as somebody who cannot speak the language. While I would say a proper translation is always preferred, most games are not that complex, that they need detailed descriptions of what's going on. You can make do with simple information and the scenes themselves are really never much of a work of art, at least in terms of writing. Yes, not even the original japanese ones.
I appreciate that there are some guys who make and upload those MTLs, so I don't have to use a texthooker, which are all painfully slow to this day.
You know somebody still spend half an hour or an hour to make a workable MTL for you, you cannot expect anybody to put in the dedication to make a full blown translation, just like that. Why look a gifted horse in the mouth? The only alternative would be nothing for somebody who cannot speak japanese.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Can we please stay on topic, which is Guild Receptionist Ferris?
Just let the "special folk" scream into the void until the mods cleanup again.
Their opinions literally have no impact on anything here.
True, at the end of the day, they don't play the game to see for themself if it's playable or not.
When biased, should not talk.

Reactions: BlaKawKebab

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
ignoring all the talk of MTL and shit, i feel it time to move on to the main point of something i would like to bring up.

Ferris.

as in, why the fuck dont we have more games where we're just casually chilling behind a guild receptionist desk while cheerfully sending out heroes to die and women to get raped, just to make a salary and go home at the end of the day with a sense of 'job well done'?

this is literally something i dont think i've seen before in any capacity, it's a unique idea on an old style and all anyone can do is whine about MTL? sure MTL is bad and sometimes it makes me fee llike i've gone back to my high school poetry classes, but at the same time why isn't anyone mentioning just how interesting this is? this style of game is something we haven't seen and all anyone can do is whine about something they should either get over or buck up and fix themselves.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
A MTL is never meant to be "good" in the sense of it being more or less a interpreted translation. Its a tool and yes even that ctrl+c ctrl+v stuff takes effort. Not as much as a properly edited and interpreted MTL to make sense out of everything. But it still takes effort, that I'm not willing to spend time with for example. So I'm glad somebody else does it for me.
You get an MTL and play an MTL because you have no other choice, if you want to play the game as somebody who cannot speak the language. While I would say a proper translation is always preferred, most games are not that complex, that they need detailed descriptions of what's going on. You can make do with simple information and the scenes themselves are really never much of a work of art, at least in terms of writing. Yes, not even the original japanese ones.
I appreciate that there are some guys who make and upload those MTLs, so I don't have to use a texthooker, which are all painfully slow to this day.
You know somebody still spend half an hour or an hour to make a workable MTL for you, you cannot expect anybody to put in the dedication to make a full blown translation, just like that. Why look a gifted horse in the mouth? The only alternative would be nothing for somebody who cannot speak japanese.
You guys are literally constantly contradicting yourselfs, first you try to find meaning for MTL saying "You get an MTL and play an MTL because you have no other choice, if you want to play the game as somebody who cannot speak the language." while on other occasions you also say that MTL are not bad cause those games done dont feature any complex story anyways. You literally dont need to understand anything to know what to do next if the story is not complex, hell MTL will not help you one bit understanding what to do next in most cases. So you always have a better choice over MTL, cause those games are still quite easy to complete with japanese text. Im starting to think that the actual reason here is you trying to westernize everything thats why you dont see a problem still not understanding anything with MTL since its english words instead japanese.

• Angry
Reactions: Yukihirou

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
why the fuck dont we have more games where we're just casually chilling behind a guild receptionist desk while cheerfully sending out heroes to die and women to get raped, just to make a salary and go home at the end of the day with a sense of 'job well done'?

this is literally something i dont think i've seen before in any capacity, this style of game is something we haven't seen
There's been a few games here and there, but yeah it's not that common of a game type even in jp-only side. SLG (Simulation Game) is what it's classified as, if not mistaken.
How far down the game are you so far?

Reactions: drunkenPervert

Leo967

Jun 4, 2017
It's playable till you get to the end of chapter one. then the game glitches out and makes Mark try to solo dungeon by himself. No matter how many time you arrange people to be in his party. He'll will leave them behind and try to solo the dungeon himself. Use a cheat to see if this was just for bosses, but no, he tries to solo them by himself, like a edge lord. This is a game breaking bug. Mark doesn't want to party with anyone. No idea why.

Eurus

Aug 10, 2021
Which mod is capable of adding new game tags and can we message them to add MTL tag?

ZenFaker

Sep 25, 2019
MTL = Early Access v0.01
Functional MTL = Early Access v0.02b, v0.03c
Edited = Early Access v0.5
Errors go die please = Early Access v0.6c, v0.8d
Manually Translated = v0.9a (oh yeah please have patience to wait few weeks or months, translators do need to read poems)
(NEWS INCOMING, some big a** company took it up, since its popular and sh**, oh damn why am I here just to suffer...)
Let say the native translator did mess up some which shouldnt be translated code = v0.10a
Edited Translated = v1.0
Recorrection, Rephrase = v1.1
(if case)Nobody plays your manual translation since got some big a** took it up = v1.2 (dead)

Lastly, thank you for your opinions on early access, but... whatever. Two version released,
Language: English Translator: *****a , English(MTL) oh wait why are you here go die pls
Let me rephrase it,
Language: English, Translator: *****a

Edited 1:
Solution, since I play so many H*ntai games, I have obtained the power of listen H*****, A*V*, go die MTL, download the original, but I'm scared its contained
malwares, I then go buy from the author and be happy, JP ver, Paid 2,100 yen. medetashi mededashi~

Edited 2:
worry not! It's 2022, we proudly introduced an AI which will capable to read emotional-based text, she will even spell them out for you~!
And, lucky, the initial released is from Japan.
Sorry about that, please just ignore those people and continue your good works.

ZenFaker

Sep 25, 2019
Anyone here know to how recruit eryk into the party? the mtl is not quite understandable entirely yet, but good job on translating this Shisaye , i really have waiting this release since i have looking this on dlsite and you have already took project on mtling v1.02
sorry for my bad english

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Anyone here know to how recruit eryk into the party? the mtl is not quite understandable entirely yet, but good job on translating this Shisaye , i really have waiting this release since i have looking this on dlsite and you have already took project on mtling v1.02
sorry for my bad english
I didn't actually play much of this, I just worked on the files.
seraphiel722
did the play-testing. He finished the entire game (and is currently finishing it again with the new translation version 2.32, which is not in this thread yet).
Maybe you could message him about it.

Last edited:

matt71

Jan 8, 2018
so, does the game actually reward you for picking good parties and not having your adventurers die in battle?

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
so, does the game actually reward you for picking good parties and not having your adventurers die in battle?
nah, not really. despite how much i big the game up sometimes, it is just a glorified 'lose and your female teammates gets raped ' angle. at least the game over only happens if you lose to the big boss enemies. all things considered it's a glorified CG gallery with extra steps. but the idea is interesting, at least.

trovavay

Jul 23, 2017
sorry for my bad english
I think Mark have to level up a bit. I think I had Mark at lvl 5 or something and then Eryk felt safe enough to join.

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
anyone got any idea what to do to get the two other adventurers to join? one talks about an elixir, and tool shop, which i can't find, the other they talk about introducing her to mark, but mark only gets generic text even with phyllis with him.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
nah, not really. despite how much i big the game up sometimes, it is just a glorified 'lose and your female teammates gets raped ' angle. at least the game over only happens if you lose to the big boss enemies. all things considered it's a glorified CG gallery with extra steps. but the idea is interesting, at least.
You guys see ? This is just like in real life.
Let's say you can prevent something bad or an accident from happening, the only good thing is you did a good deed and feel good for doing it, noone will acknowledge you for it as noone know you did a good job preventing it from happening.

The best way about this is the scumbad way as life teaches us, tell the victims vague infos about it in advance, let it happen, then swoop in to help them/damage control/relief effort. This way you can earn their trust and gratitude, remember to sneak in a "I told you so" in a not condescending way, and you're done. Hero of the day.

Heh, if police actually prevent crimes from happening instead of waiting for cases to pop up and document them, they would be deemed bigger losers than what they are right now. Sad, but it's true. Public's opinion is a joke, it's more fickle than the moodswing of a menstruated woman.

Reactions: Rethos and agregen

Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
so when you loose a battle and the girls get taken, they are gone, but there doesn't seem any way to either rescue them or get them back any way, and the recollection room is dependent on the current save, so doesn't that make it physically impossible to fill up the gallery when characters have multiple scens that can't all be accessed, it's one or the other

backtrow

Dec 24, 2020
so when you loose a battle and the girls get taken, they are gone, but there doesn't seem any way to either rescue them or get them back any way, and the recollection room is dependent on the current save, so doesn't that make it physically impossible to fill up the gallery when characters have multiple scens that can't all be accessed, it's one or the other
actually I read through the scripts, it seems they will be back, it announced through a small black box at the bottom left corner.
But I don't know when will exactly they back after taken. Its better idea to load a save file though, because there's no pregnant tag if you know what i mean :sneaky:
(oh wait, there's pregnant tag... okay).. but we need after pregnant haha

Edited: This game has potential to update on it, only if the dev willing to do that though... I can imagine so much "stuff" from this type of genre.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes