Unity Guilty Force: Wish of the Colony [v0.6] [Team Guilty Force]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I suspect that since I run at like 848x600 res and low graphics quality or whatever since I have to keep that low because potato computer that the R blended into an N.
There are some rendering artifacts present at "Low" settings that don't exist on the "Medium" setting, you probably noticed them as well as some weird "reflection" effect of some Stage 1 level materials. I will research that issue so I could remove this stuff for Low setting to make the game look closer to Medium/High setting. Hopefully, this part of public demo will spend fewer resources and you will be able to run the Stage 1 with a higher resolution soon :) I test the game with Low setting on my Android tablet because it's very old. Stage 2 levels spend fewer resources because there are fewer light sources and stuff.

rendering_artefact_2.png
rendering_artefact_1.png

Secondly, I've recalled that scene, I really should look at it again thoroughly but I apologize as my criticism was more than a bit harsh. I was just thrown by the phrase 'No time for these mountains'. Like are we going hiking or what, but, I mean, if that's my biggest complaint, then clearly this is fine.
The first scene for Caron was written by the writer almost a year ago and the audio recording was done at the same time (before the Patreon campaign). There were lots of complaints from the players about the writing after the start of the campaign, so we decided to part our ways with a writer. I do the writing myself with the assistance of the service called Grammarly using the documents about key points of game scenario, character biography and other stuff that I wrote long time ago. I will try to keep the writing for the next romance scenes shorter and more understandable for everyone. I guess it's worth to hire a proofreader for English localization anyway closer to the release of the game to the stores.

I know my vote doesn't count but I rather like Kira and Siggy's dynamic. At the same time , if Kanon is supposed to be a milf then I'm just going to put it out there that milf-lesbians or milf bisexuals or whatever are not portrayed in media near enough, so I'm just going to leave that there with my endorsement and appreciation.
Every vote is important to me :) I watch not only the top results but the whole dynamic of each poll in general, too. There will be some team interaction with every girl in the game and if we manage to get enough support to order more basic voice sets for every girl - there will be more playable girls. Each basic voice set to make every girl playable will cost me at least 100-150$ if the VAs didn't raise the prices, so it's a quite considerable sum of money for the current Patreon budget and that is why I do polls to understand whom should I prioritize first. There are lots of other stuff to spend the budget on (HCGs, voiceover for HCGs, new decorations, music, 2D character sets, etc.), so I constantly look where I can optimize the spendings to fit the most important features there.

But with the changes I assume that the deactivation switch works for boosting Siggy's affection?
The deactivation of the robot control center will increase neutralizations count (the stat which is important for Caron). The condition for boosting kill count for Sigolla is to kill all humans on the level (which is easy for Stage 1 and 1.1, but it's a challenge for Stage 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 because of Fat Thugs. However, there is an artificial delay for Fat Thug regeneration capability which was implemented specially to make it easy to kill him with something that deals lots of damage in a short period of time. So if you want to kill that fat red guy - place 2-3 HE landmines at the same place to lure him there or throw several HE or incendiary grenades. Using something like SMG or Punisher shotgun with a fast rate of fire is okay, too. 3-4 blade attacks in a row can work, too, but if he manages to retaliate with a melee attack - it will end badly. The flashbang grenades or flashbang landmines expose the weakness of this enemy to blindness, so blinding him and then attacking is probably the best tactic to kill him.

Reactions: Doomhunter22

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Public_Version_0_215_without_patreon.png
Hey guys!

Version 0.215 is available for the public!

Links:

Cheats: Click three times on Caron’s boobs in the main menu to unlock the gallery

It’s strongly recommended to start the game from the very beginning due to the modification of saving progress code. Some old saves from v. 0.21 may work, but they will not be stable.

Full changelog (0.215):
Features:

• Stage 2 content available for the public;
  • The updated prologue with voiceover and auto-progress;
Fixed bugs/improvements:
  • Fixed a bug with losing mission completion data;
  • Fixed a bug with Caron’s scene playing all the time when visiting her with proper affection level;
  • Fixed Fat Thug HCG not unlocking after completing Stage 2.1/2.2/2.3;
  • Fixed a couple of broken lines of the first conversation with Ming;
  • Decreased the volume of all click sounds for UI to make it more ear-friendly;
  • The frequency of some voice commands for enemies was decreased to avoid spamming with voice commands too often;
  • Decreased the intensity of some spotlights on Stage 1 to make it look equally on Low and Medium graphics quality;
  • Android: Fixed missing Stage 1.1/1.2 scheme sprites in intros;
  • Fixed some level geometry for Stage 2 missions and SpiderBot’s stunning animation bug;
  • “Complete mission” button will remain in the cheats menu for possible rare emergency situations or crashes because it can help the player to repeat the walkthrough quickly.
Stay tuned for updates, thanks for your patience!

zerinis

Oct 22, 2017
I've been trying to get this game to work properly with a controller, but it seems completely broken.

You cannot control with a dpad of the ps4 controller because it is an analog input which will max out and be treated as sprinting. The up/down control is locked which means that pressing down jumps(axis is non-flippable)? The sprint buttons are useless because you sprint based off of how far you press the control stick(which is awkward in a side scroller imo). Main menu is impossible to navigate with a stick due to the smallest left or right movement throws you into the sponsor buttons.

Oh, and controller cannot be disabled to allow it to be replaced with xpadder(or similar like joy2key) messing it up further.

This game seems like it would be perfect for a controller, but at every step something is breaking.

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I've been trying to get this game to work properly with a controller, but it seems completely broken.

You cannot control with a dpad of the ps4 controller because it is an analog input which will max out and be treated as sprinting. The up/down control is locked which means that pressing down jumps(axis is non-flippable)? The sprint buttons are useless because you sprint based off of how far you press the control stick(which is awkward in a side scroller imo). Main menu is impossible to navigate with a stick due to the smallest left or right movement throws you into the sponsor buttons.

Oh, and controller cannot be disabled to allow it to be replaced with xpadder(or similar like joy2key) messing it up further.

This game seems like it would be perfect for a controller, but at every step something is breaking.
If you read the description and the control scheme, all gamepad controls were tested and set for Xbox-360-like controllers and there are lots of people who played it with Xbox-360 controllers without any issues. When I have enough funds and time to buy PS4 controller and a plugin that will allow me to cross-bind the controller keys between different controller types - I will do that, but currently, it's not a priority for this game.

Reactions: Doomhunter22

zerinis

Oct 22, 2017
If you read the description and the control scheme, all gamepad controls were tested and set for Xbox-360-like controllers and there are lots of people who played it with Xbox-360 controllers without any issues. When I have enough funds and time to buy PS4 controller and a plugin that will allow me to cross-bind the controller keys between different controller types - I will do that, but currently, it's not a priority for this game.
I came back and tested the game again. The way you responded made me think a bit about how the game is reacting.(resetting binds via regedit is also very annoying mind you).

Something is horribly wrong with the bindings system. There are two sets of "horizontal" and "vertical" bindings. One bound to axis 0 and 1 is intended as the left right motions apparently and works fine by default. However the second vertical bound to axis 6 also affects the same actions, but that axis on the ps4 controller is associated with the dpad horizontal? Additionally, multiple binding with the same name OVERWRITE EACHOTHER, this is actually what was breaking things really badly, as if you edit the fire1 control that the controller uses it will overwrite all fire1 controls. This took a bit to fix, but now it works right.

This oddity made me look a bit into how unity does things, raw controller input for everything. Which makes it impossible to load multiple input schemes normally. Especially when the ds4 gen 1(mine) uses directinput rather than xinput.

Fixed this by using axis 9(doesn't exist) and button 15(same deal) for all controls in the registry files and using xpadder to bind to keyboard inputs.

Overall this just adds another reason I hate unity for some things. The biggest thing is that the registry shouldn't be used for such things at all.

On to actual gameplay comments. Up to jump is not my favored movement mechanism. Button based jumps prevents issues arising from moving control stick/dpad while changing directions causing you to jump at inopportune moments.

If it were modified to be "up to interact" and press E/space/Y to jump it might be a bit more clean feeling.

The game plays quite well now that I actually can use a controller to properly play it.

Reactions: r3nown

DarkExecutor

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I came back and tested the game again. The way you responded made me think a bit about how the game is reacting...
Thanks for the useful research data. Honestly, the default input system of Unity sucks in terms of customization. There were some virtual controls implemented by me on top of it for mobile users, but when the time comes, I want to use which I used before for some game in the past to support more gamepad types and maybe even custom keyboard bindings. I don't set it as a priority right now because I'm working on stage 3 chapter of the game, which is the largest and the most difficult to implement because of lots of content there. Making new control fixes could be done after that.
Screens look great. Does the game have any proper HCGs?
The public version of the game has 41 in-game sex animations and 6 HCGs. I'm working on a new version with more content right now. I try to keep the tempo of releasing at least one HCG per month with full voiceover + several or more sex animations. Everything depends on community support, keeping such tempo wouldn't be possible without current crowdfunding support. The public demo is updated from time to time depending on how much content is implemented, usually when the new chapter of the plot is completed.
For some reason the character keeps on jumping, even if I start a new game.
Did it happen when you were holding the jumping key during death in the game? Does it happen on PC with a gamepad or does it happen on mobile?

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I played this a bit ago, but the only thing to really stick in my memory was the clunky controls.
It felt like everything was basically chance. Sneaking past dudes, avoiding cameras, even combat.

Don't recall if it was the button layout or just crippling input delay (as seems to be common with these sorts of games.
Still, I suppose I should give it another go and see if that was just me, or if I can use a controller or something.

Maybe on the next version.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes