2.30 star(s) 3 Votes
May 31, 2021
Someone on U18chan uploaded new RLD build

I could barely find any changes: Added Tracy (giraffe) with her old sideways scene. Anne and Ginger got voice.
I have really low expectations of Crow, but still, it feels little progress in 20 months of full time job even for such lazy sack.

BTW, yes, it's still Unity version 2017.3.0f3 :)

Horalover

May 7, 2017
Man the Unity version is so bare bones compared to the old flash versions. I wasn't expecting much but damn, there's like 4 scenes lmfao.

Oct 18, 2018
Unity update is... interesting. The overhaul is probably good for the project in the long run, but given Crow's slow general pace, that may not exactly be good news anyway. Also, the change in how the art works is... interesting. In some ways it shows the artist's improvement on their own style, but it also shows their deep inexperience with working in a different visual medium. Some of the layers for the 3D-style poses aren't very smooth, and come off as paper-like.

Blamfright

May 30, 2017
I'm bored and have nothing better to do so I'll review this (I assume I won't have to do this again for like a year)
As I haven't checked on this since the original unity build from what, almost two years ago...? I'll try to be positive on it;
Changes I've noticed:
  • Framerate seems far more stable across the board; always good if your barebones port of a flash at least can keep a higher stable FPS on post-2007 hardware.
  • Environment feel more "inhabited" (not by more NPCs but by environmental pieces like boxes, trash cans etc.), not a fan of the random piss(?) stains littered around randomly but hey
  • First Person scenes are less jittery, camera movement is slowed down and somewhat delayed to mar it a smidgeon
  • New voice work on prior un-voiced NPCs; while Anne and Ginger's VO is lesser than the ones shown in the older HTH builds, it's *fine*.
  • You can chat up Anne during her scene with a few different dialogue branches.
    This is a great addition that should be added to more content; super simple to implement and can only go better with VO work.
  • AV store exists and can be entered now, inhabited by Kira from the beach in Standard. While she has no scenes she does have some dialogue added, and you can buy condoms in bulk of 10 from her- instead of grabbing them individually at the clinic-, or watch a snippet of an AV featuring Bella and that polar bear dude that's been on a looping gif for like a decade in the HTH 2 Beta, so that's neat. Also shows more of the AV posters that generally look polished.
  • New function keys:
    "Z" for 'sense' which is just a informational snippet about something nearby that prompts a "you sense something" appearing on the bottom screen,
    and "F" for Pickpocket: a currently useless button that I assume will have use later(?)
  • Loading Screen blurbs that attempt to set up some exposition; never bad to have something to look at while loading; like there being a police presence that you are supposed to worry about lest you be fined $1,200 (who obviously don't exist yet LMAO)
  • two empty "gang hideouts" slightly out of the way from the main straight path, might have something later, IDK lol.
  • Collision! Now you can't walk through half the map in the Motel or clip out of the map. That's a nice 20 minute fix, at 1 minute per month according to Taby
TL;DR Weak build for such a long gap period, but if this were the initial build shown off years and years ago I'd be mildly intrigued and not laughing over this nose. seriously, just look at the straight line on top of the muzzle; it goes over and cuts off the eye-shadow too lmao

I've also included some visual jank I caught in the ~5 minutes this took to go through, bad layering, 5% finished sidewalks, seams from poorly-stitched maps overlapping and fighting for dominance, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
seriously, just look at the straight line on top of the muzzle; it goes over and cuts off the eye-shadow too lmao

I've also included some visual jank I caught in the ~5 minutes this took to go through, bad layering, 5% finished sidewalks, seams from poorly-stitched maps overlapping and fighting for dominance, etc.
Yeah, he really goofed this up. In an attempt to create an effect where some things are in front of other things, he's made something like a pop-up book, every last fold apparent. If he wants this to work, he's going to have to figure how to smooth all that out.

Oct 18, 2018
Crows is now more focusing on the world building and the "lore" like he's gonna make franchise out of it
There were always signs that Crow wanted to do things like that, at least since the version of HTH where we had all the islands. The real issue here is that he's taken so long to make any substantial progress in terms of content that making a fleshed out setting feels like massively jacked up priorities. The audience is already greatly unsatisfied, to the point where many people who know of his work won't ever care even if he cranks out some actually meaningful progress, so honestly that gives him more freedom to just not care what they think and do as he pleases.

• Sad
Reactions: Fantasydude4000
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes