The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The minigames do hinder my recollection of the event. I don't remember it by it's hotness, but how difficult the mechanics were. It also ends up with the sex scenes being really underwritten compared to other games. Maybe instead of one long bar, you can do three shorter ones with dialogue/description scenes between each one.

I don't think people playing on laptops were taken into account when the mouse controls were put in. I'd really appreciate the option to use the arrow keys. This is one of my favorite games, I want to experience all of it so story mode is not an option.
Mmmmhh... Here's the thing though - the scene is supposed to be the reward for the player - it's why they play the game in the first place. In my opinion it's pretty important to be able to view the scene without a penalty in the normal playthrough.
(Just to clarify, I don't mind that there is a minigame, I just think that if you win the mini-game you shouldn't immediately end the scene).
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Probably some scenes are really a bit rushed. I'm trying to keep monthly releases, and sometimes this gets in the way (it's just a one man army doing art, writing and coding in his free time). I need a better planning to not let this to keep happening.

The problem of using arrow keys for control is that usually analog input is read in most minigames and arrows keys might feel clunky for playing. But, I will try supporting it anyway (hell, I played racing games with arrows keys for ages)

Balancing the difficulty in these scenes is not easy (and I know Story Mode is a cheap way to deal with the problem). It certainly could have more 'error free' interaction, but I think at least a little bit of challenge keeps things interesting! Anyways, notice that some scene outcomes are not penalties, just different outcomes. There's no "GAME OVER" screen in this game (HnS1 had some).

amcp

May 4, 2017
Hi. What happens in Mac version? It won't start? Some error message?
After double click it says "cannot open application 'HnS2'" and it won't start.
I tried to explore package contents (for some other games I must run python included inside before running the game) but didn't found any .exe file that could help me.

I enjoyed very much Hack'n'Stalk 1 (had to run that in an old PC). I was hoping this new game would run on Mac. Can you help me?

Guslevi

Sep 7, 2017
[QUOTE = "zhadum, post: 525830, member: 23006"] Comience con Phoebe Miller Riverside. [/ QUOTE]
Thanks, helped me

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
After double click it says "cannot open application 'HnS2'" and it won't start.
I tried to explore package contents (for some other games I must run python included inside before running the game) but didn't found any .exe file that could help me.

I enjoyed very much Hack'n'Stalk 1 (had to run that in an old PC). I was hoping this new game would run on Mac. Can you help me?
I downloaded it again and could run it in my very old Mac. Maybe you had some problems in your download or something?

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
I find myself unable to control the mouse during the girls corruption scene. Somehow, my mouse acceleration or control setting/drivers makes it impossible to play. Similar mouvement give random results that are not even close to the expected result/speed. I've tried removing the acceleration & changing the DPI sensitivity. While some settings seem to be a bit better, I can't find one that actually allows me to play without throwing my mouse at the wall. Am I the only one with this issue?

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I find myself unable to control the mouse during the girls corruption scene. Somehow, my mouse acceleration or control setting/drivers makes it impossible to play. Similar mouvement give random results that are not even close to the expected result/speed. I've tried removing the acceleration & changing the DPI sensitivity. While some settings seem to be a bit better, I can't find one that actually allows me to play without throwing my mouse at the wall. Am I the only one with this issue?
Is it on windows? Are scenes with mouse problems the ones where you can't see the mouse cursor? I've seen some people with mouse input problems in Unity when the cursor is locked.
Two connected mouses may cause some problem too

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Hey Architect, I came here just to congratulate you, your game is by far one of the most original games out there and even though I checked just because of the Unity+Daz combo (same as my own :D) the story and the characters are really well made and now I'm here waiting for the next update to drop.
I might even drop by your patreon later as I'm much interested in the way you're handling your game, and of course to support a fellow dev, thanks for this amazing game and good luck with your next updates.

pS.: Don't ever stop casually breaking the 4th wall once in a while :D

Reactions: The Architect

icewanted

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2017
Is it on windows? Are scenes with mouse problems the ones where you can't see the mouse cursor? I've seen some people with mouse input problems in Unity when the cursor is locked.
Two connected mouses may cause some problem too
Yes, it's in windows. The mouse cursor keeps blinking on and off rapidly during the mini game. Elsewhere in the game the cursor is fine (and does not blink). I only have a single mouse, but 2 keyboards and one has a touchpad. I'll try disconnecting it.

Edit: Disconnecting the second keyboard has no impact. Even tried a basic USB mouse without succes (in fact it was worse).

amcp

May 4, 2017
I downloaded it again and could run it in my very old Mac. Maybe you had some problems in your download or something?
I downloaded again from other server, it doesn't work in OsX El Capitain.

It's OK: i will try the game in my Win-PC.

Congrats for your work.

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yes, it's in windows. The mouse cursor keeps blinking on and off rapidly during the mini game. Elsewhere in the game the cursor is fine (and does not blink). I only have a single mouse, but 2 keyboards and one has a touchpad. I'll try disconnecting it.

Edit: Disconnecting the second keyboard has no impact. Even tried a basic USB mouse without succes (in fact it was worse).
I'll add a console command next version to disable mouse locking on minigames. This might fix the problem.

I downloaded again from other server, it doesn't work in OsX El Capitain.

It's OK: i will try the game in my Win-PC.

Congrats for your work.
Weird. Maybe the uploaded package is corrupted.
I'm building and running it in an OSX El Capitain 10.11.13
Unity Editor is a bit outdated though. I'll update it for next build.

UnnamedRS

Jun 8, 2017
Could someone help me? I'm stuck at the moment as you can see in the picture. The game hangs and does not want to go any further. What to do? I tried to play again and the same.

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Could someone help me? I'm stuck at the moment as you can see in the picture. The game hangs and does not want to go any further. What to do? I tried to play again and the same.
Hi. It's a bug in version 0.5. The game will freeze at this point if you're not following Jenifer side quest. There's only a few dialog lines after this point in version 0.5 anyway.

bengali89

Jun 27, 2017
I did manage to win that mini game twice with mouse movement in a pace, with my mini usb-mouse for my laptop in the previous version. As one couldn't save after that mini game, I'm forced to redo it once again in this new version. I am struggling though this time, I ended up rejecting my mini usb-mouse for my Steelseries Rival 300 mouse with small improvements. I have adjusted DPI, acceleration and decelaration multiple times, I'm still not able to win the mini game.

Could someone be an angel and perhaps upload a save for me with that mini game won?

Could someone help me out with the settings for my mouse? I've tested 1000-1600 in DPI with every 50 DPI in intervals, acceleration 2-3 and deceraleration 3-4. My muscles in the forearm and my biceps are aching, and no it's not from jerking off...

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I did manage to win that mini game twice with mouse movement in a pace, with my mini usb-mouse for my laptop in the previous version. As one couldn't save after that mini game, I'm forced to redo it once again in this new version. I am struggling though this time, I ended up rejecting my mini usb-mouse for my Steelseries Rival 300 mouse with small improvements. I have adjusted DPI, acceleration and decelaration multiple times, I'm still not able to win the mini game.

Could someone be an angel and perhaps upload a save for me with that mini game won?

Could someone help me out with the settings for my mouse? I've tested 1000-1600 in DPI with every 50 DPI in intervals, acceleration 2-3 and deceraleration 3-4. My muscles in the forearm and my biceps are aching, and no it's not from jerking off...
Hi. The required mouse speed in that game is supposed to be quite low. Do your mouse cursor keeps blinking during the game? I think some mouse drivers are not responding well to Unity's mouse locking mechanism.

The Warden

Jun 25, 2017
The cursor state can be changed by the operating system or Unity. You should therefore check the state of the cursor for example when the application regains focus or the state of a game changes to reveal a UI. In the Editor the cursor is automatically reset when escape is pressed, or on switching applications. In the Standalone Player you have full control over the mouse cursor, but switching applications still resets the cursor.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Strange to post things like this when Dev is also around, but ...

From Dev:
----------
So... Let's get going!
Feb 27 at 1:18am
Q_0Ul8X4khhFrrc7RzpartLZe5n9s9ZICuwCU0Cqq2F-dWOG3FMrcIYyJdKquCKe.gif
Hi folks! I opted to not release a v0.5.1. I already had added some new scripts to the project, content to some free roam areas and some tricky code to solve problems with weird aspect ratio monitors. So I won't risk creating new problems with untested code just to solve a pesky bug. Just be aware of this bug found on v0.5: The game will freeze when reporting to Max while going to sleep at day 2 if you didn't followed the LOST AND FOUND quest. It's right in the end of new content anyway
So, let's get going to v0.6! This version is planned to have about the same amount of new content that was added in v0.4 (two full quests/sex scenes). Election day is about to come, so get ready for some important plot developments!

There's no major UI system improvement planned, but I'll try to address some issues found in minigames input (maybe adding gamepad support, customizable input, and more keyboard support).

VERSION 0.6 ROADMAP

[50%] Input issues and aspect ratio fixes
[20%] DAY 3 start scenes and free roam

[ 0%] Revenge Cheat quest scene
[ 0%]
Lost and Found quest scene
[ 0%] Testing and text revisions

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes