Unity Completed Hack'n Stalk 3 [v1.0] [The Architect]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
What the fuck are you talking about? All his previous games are complete.

Anyways, anybody else encountered a rare(?) bug where Amy's mood and corruption points get carried over when you load a save file?
This bug happens if you load any save file while playing the dance scene. Fixed for next release.

Anyone experienced a bug where I you can only see Amy's eyes and lips during the office interview?
This looks a low graphics memory or some driver issue, as the textue failed to load. Does it always happens?

Reactions: Heml0ck

Maionese

Oct 5, 2017
This bug happens if you load any save file while playing the dance scene. Fixed for next release.

This looks a low graphics memory or some driver issue, as the textue failed to load. Does it always happens?
You might be right, my laptop is a very old one after all. And yes, it happens all the time, I replayed a few times. Shame, because I like your games. Good luck with the development!

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
You might be right, my laptop is a very old one after all. And yes, it happens all the time, I replayed a few times. Shame, because I like your games. Good luck with the development!
Unity generates an output log at C:\Users\<You User>\AppData\LocalLow\The Architect\Hack'n Stalk 3\output_log.txt
You can play the game, force the problem and check this file for any messages about it. If you want to post the log here I can take a look.

Reactions: Krull and Heml0ck

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi folks! I hope you liked v0.2! I found some bugs in this version, but none of these are game breaking issues so I'll deliver the fixes on the next release version.
I'm sorry for posting less info here lately, but day job is burning me out... The release of v0.2 was a (late night) struggle and things don't seem to get any easier at least until the end of the year. I dream one day making these games for a living, but for now I need the job and have people to provide for!

But I'll keep working on Amy's arc on the regular release intervals, so keep tuned! Roadmap for v0.3 on next post!

KNOWN BUGS on v0.2
- Loading a save while playing the dance scene will keep Amy's stats
- The 40+ Amy corruption check during the restroom scene doesn't account the 5+ scored at the scene.

Reactions: Krull

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
Has anyone succeeded in playing HnS3 on a Mac using Wine or any other program?

This game seems uniquely resistant to Wine Stable or Wine Staging; it gives me the "failed to initialize graphics" error, and says to install DirectX 11 which is obviously no solution.

I enjoyed HnS2 previously and had no problems running it in Wine.

Reactions: vanuyak

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Has anyone succeeded in playing HnS3 on a Mac using Wine or any other program?

This game seems uniquely resistant to Wine Stable or Wine Staging; it gives me the "failed to initialize graphics" error, and says to install DirectX 11 which is obviously no solution.

I enjoyed HnS2 previously and had no problems running it in Wine.
In HnS3 I updated to Unity 2018. Maybe there's some trick needed for this version.

If the _config.txt is being generated in the save directory you can try to disable all effect shaders (blur, color grading, etc) to see if it helps.

I'm still trying to find a Mac where I can make OSX builds :-(

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
In HnS3 I updated to Unity 2018. Maybe there's some trick needed for this version.

If the _config.txt is being generated in the save directory you can try to disable all effect shaders (blur, color grading, etc) to see if it helps.

I'm still trying to find a Mac where I can make OSX builds :-(
I can't find a _config.txt or a save directory. If they're only generated by running the game, I'm stopped before even doing that. Thanks for the response, and hope you get that machine sometime soon!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi folks... Release v0.3 is on its way! I'll need to stay off the grid for a few days by the end of this month, so I'm working as fast as I can to publish this version a little earlier. It will feature a new scene with some cool animations.
I believe it can be released at the beginning of the next week.

ROADMAP v0.3

[100%] Bug fixes and performance improvements
[ 60%] Cast meeting activity
[ 0%] New Vanity Fair editions

Reactions: Krull and Heml0ck

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
I hope the x86 is the 32bit version and not a typo x64 d=sounf motre like 64 bit version!?
That's not a typo. x86 is the 32-bit version. That's how they call the old CPU instruction set.

I can't find a _config.txt or a save directory. If they're only generated by running the game, I'm stopped before even doing that. Thanks for the response, and hope you get that machine sometime soon!
If you're using Windows, the save directory should be:
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\LocalLow\The Architect\Hack'n Stalk 3

The config file is also named _config.json.txt and not just _config.txt

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
bug(?): Amy's skirt reappears after removing her bra

Anyway, I really hope the player gets something from buying those Vanity Fair digital magazines. In the current game, there's no reason to buy them since you could guess the correct answers regarding Amy even if it's randomly generated.

The Architect

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
bug(?): Amy's skirt reappears after removing her bra
Yes, thanks. It actually happens if you remove the skirt and kiss her again.

Anyway, I really hope the player gets something from buying those Vanity Fair digital magazines. In the current game, there's no reason to buy them since you could guess the correct answers regarding Amy even if it's randomly generated.
The magazines are more for a little story immersion, but also gives tips for some fixed and randomly generated choices choices. Yes, you can reload a save several times and keep trying a lucky guess on the random choices ones (33% chance on each try), but... wouldn't that be cheating? :eek:penedeyewink: (just kidding, play whatever the way you like!)

Reactions: Heml0ck
3.30 star(s) 12 Votes