goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Actually, 'bathos', is a perfectly good English word, and conveys precisely what I meant.

From my cellphone dictionary: 1. a ludicrous descent from the exalted or lofty to the commonplace; anticlimax.

'Pathos' is more complimentary than I think that game's denouement deserves.
Wow, learn something new every day. Never heard of bathos.

Denouement...going for the 25 cent words! :cool:

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Can I help you find your sense of humor?

Acting Lessons was a great game. So is this one. But neither is a sacred cow that must be worshipped unquestioningly.
Acting Lessons was unique, as is its developer. I am sure some other developer will at some point try to emulate DrPinkCake, but I seriously doubt that it will be this one. I don't even think DrPinkCake will repeat that sudden turn to tragedy and bathos, which turned off so many followers.
Leave your humor for other games in their threads.

It could be either way really, she may be confused exploring her feelings, or she already has them sorted out but don't have the courage to act upon them, the only thing that is pretty obvious is that she obviously knows that she feel attracted to the MC, the only thing in dispute is if she came to terms with those feelings or not. The last scene in the update can be either way, or she feels guilty for letting her feelings get the best of her and is fearful of pushing her brother away, or she is feeling more confused than ever

Her nightmares may have something to do with it, fear that her brother won't be there for her, that she will be alone, I don't know
That's fair. I see her as confused rather than all knowing but I see your point. I've heard the bond between twins is very unique so her nightmares might be attached to that along with her not wanting to be alone but it's all speculation.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
And to celebrate new year and new topic, how do you want to break up with Sandra when you want to pursue Haley if it's up to you?

EDIT: Kinda sad my joke reply got deleted, while the aggressive post that I jokingly replied to stayed on. 2019 though, time to move on.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And to celebrate new year and new topic, how do you want to break up with Sandra when you want to pursue Haley if it's up to you?
Verrrry gently, if at all. Especially considering that her protective uncle is the MC's boss. Besides, Sandra is a sympathetic character who doesn't deserve being shit on. Perhaps the ideal way for a break up would be to find Sandra someone else to attach to. Probably not practical in this game.... unless... Victor?... nah! :giggle:

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to do a VN that has two completely different scenarios, Sandra is being used as a plot device to create more situations between MC and Haley and with other characters as well, to make another route without MC being in a relationship with Sandra and making the game progress at the same pace would be a nightmare, or them the dev would have to cut around 50% of content for people that doesn't want a relationship with Sandra. If Sandra was a bitch that you would cheat on her on the blink of an eye a lot more people would complain that they didn't wish the relationship as well

Probably why many devs go to the sandbox style progressing girls independently of one another, just crossing up as you progress both a certain amount, and the game simply blocks all the undesired content. I personaly like the VN style more, the storytelling usually has a bigger spotlight and it's easier for the writer to control the rhythm of the narrative
I don't know enough about how VN's are programmed but I would say there are a number of ways it could be handled. The easiest way is to simply have an alternate route where Sandra is a good friend but not a lover. There are others including making her bi or lesbian. Regardless of how easy or hard the solution is though, I can only comment on what would make the end product better from my perspective. It's on the dev to decide if they agree and/or wish to make it happen.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Verrrry gently, if at all. Especially considering that her protective uncle is the MC's boss. Besides, Sandra is a sympathetic character who doesn't deserve being shit on. Perhaps the ideal way for a break up would be to find Sandra someone else to attach to. Probably not practical in this game.... unless... Victor?... nah! :giggle:
To be honest, I'm completely lost at trying to find a way on how to nicely break up with Sandra. The game has shown us nothing but how kind and great she has been to both MC and Haley.

I agree with you that it should be her that initiated the break-up, but I can't see that happening just because how the game has portrayed how much in love she is with MC (she kept on allowing/tolerating MC to do things that others wouldn't be allowed to). I'm not going to call it official, but I'm afraid that she's being set up to die in the game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
To be honest, I'm completely lost at trying to find a way on how to nicely break up with Sandra. The game has shown us nothing but how kind and great she has been to both MC and Haley.

I agree with you that it should be her that initiated the break-up, but I can't see that happening just because how the game has portrayed how much in love she is with MC (she kept on allowing/tolerating MC to do things that others wouldn't be allowed to). I'm not going to call it official, but I'm afraid that she's being set up to die in the game.
If we're going to kill her off, maybe we could bring in a Cartwright for a boyfriend.

[Sorry for those of you not old enough to remember Bonanza. Basically, any woman who ever dated, was engaged to, or married one of the Cartwright family, was doomed.]

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
I love the game and the models are good. A minor quibble regarding dialogue that kinda breaks the immersion:
"Would of"

Would've is a contraction of "would have". NOT "would of".

Please for the love of GOD change this idiotic saying. It happens multiple times in the story.
I thought this is some sort of running gag. Ptolemy isn't a native English speaker. He used to make this mistake a LOT in Dreaming of Dana. Seeing it in newer games of him and his team I always thought they do this out of some tradition now.

Kyril87

Mar 29, 2018
I love the game and the models are good. A minor quibble regarding dialogue that kinda breaks the immersion:
"Would of"

Would've is a contraction of "would have". NOT "would of".

Please for the love of GOD change this idiotic saying. It happens multiple times in the story.
I feel for you -- really! Definately! (OH, the pain of that word.) It would be great if some writers would cull some of their worst errors by just running their material through a spell-checker. However, considering the high proportion of games created by non-native English speakers and the generally shitty standards of modern English spelling and grammar among those whose only language is English, this is a pretty well-written game.

If you're going to get upset by this type of error it's probably safest to restrict yourself to material written and published before 1950. :)

Reactions: u z i

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Definately! (OH, the pain of that word.) It would be great if some writers would cull some of their worst errors by just running their material through a spell-checker. However, considering the high proportion of games created by non-native English speakers and the generally shitty standards of modern English spelling and grammar among those whose only language is English, this is a pretty well-written game.
I defiantly agree with you 100%.

On a more serious note, I actually think the "would of" issue is more often done by native speaker because they were so used to saying "would've" whereas non-native speaker would learn and know that would've is "would have".

While it does annoy me, I tend to let the common ones a pass and not too bothered. To me, it bothered me more that there was a game (can't remember which) that used wrong phrases like "basketball field" and "soccer court" or something like that.

Reactions: Kyril87

Rizky_4real

Jul 13, 2018
I just hope no lesbian thing that involving haley in this game, I want her all to myself.. Yes please heuheu

Rizky_4real

Jul 13, 2018
I mean she might not be lesbian, but it's pretty clear that she does have a boyfriend in the game.
What i mean is i don't want haley to do threesome thing bro.. Yeah she have a boyfriend but they're going to break up as i recall

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
So, could we just give Victor a no-strings blowjob already? That dude is sultry as fuck... Second most convincing love interest in the game.

And this train's already choo-chooing its way full steam toward incest, what harm could a little bi side action do? :D

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
So, could we just give Victor a no-strings blowjob already? That dude is sultry as fuck... Second most convincing love interest in the game.

And this train's already choo-chooing its way full steam toward incest, what harm could a little bi side action do? :D
You never know, there's always a possibility he'd lend MC his car for a blowjob. Victor is not only a bro, but he's da man.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
1546763523549.png

Progress report

Hello

I know I missed making one of these last weekend, but there was really NOTHING to say. We had just gotten back, and barely started on the update.

Now I can say a little more.

We're well on our way. I'd say a little over a third of the renders and animations have been prepared.
We're doing our best to make this update as large as the other ones, despite the shorter development time this month. I can't promise yet, but so far so good on that front. If things continue like this, we should be able to do that.

That's it.

Kyril87

Mar 29, 2018
View attachment 215976

Progress report

Hello

I know I missed making one of these last weekend, but there was really NOTHING to say. We had just gotten back, and barely started on the update.

Now I can say a little more.

We're well on our way. I'd say a little over a third of the renders and animations have been prepared.
We're doing our best to make this update as large as the other ones, despite the shorter development time this month. I can't promise yet, but so far so good on that front. If things continue like this, we should be able to do that.

That's it.
Thanks for the effort to communicate. You're doing better than I would, were our circumstances reversed. Have a great year!

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes