ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018

Shit, there's too much and I don't really wanna invest the time right now...
But try these one's out, I'll tell you about my other favorites later ;)
Those are good for different reasons, but I wouldn't compare them to this. In Love and Submission, MC returns home and immediately wants to bang his mother: kind of the opposite of slow, believable relationship portrayal here with some really good dialogue.

Best alternatives are probably Our Fate, Dual Family, Daryce and Offcuts.

durgadas

Mar 21, 2018
I love the game and the models are good. A minor quibble regarding dialogue that kinda breaks the immersion:
"Would of"

Would've is a contraction of "would have". NOT "would of".

Please for the love of GOD change this idiotic saying. It happens multiple times in the story.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
I love the game and the models are good. A minor quibble regarding dialogue that kinda breaks the immersion:
"Would of"

Please for the love of GOD change this idiotic saying. It happens multiple times in the story.
No soup for you!

Reactions: JeefZ

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
"Would of"

This is the best dialogue and spelling I've seen in a while. I AIN'T complaining over a little thing . It is the most belivable story line on any game here so far.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
"Would of"
Went through the game dialogue, only found 2 instances of this error, and 1 with "should of". Listed in spoiler below by filename and line number.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Great game so far!
I like the story and the girls!
It's amusing the fire power both siblings use on each other hehehe

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
All is great but Adrianna looks like a sexchange operation gone bad. Really BAD

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I was getting pretty bored with these games lately, but after playing the new version today I got hooked up all over again immediately, this game is just great, it's just like people already said, the dialog is great, the sexual tension between MC and Haley is also great, the nightmare dialog with MC embracing her was very sexy and endearing, Haley teasing MC about Sandra is fun and the lotion scene was pretty hot. I had to stop playing there, will resume later ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seems like Haley is basically waiting for MC to take the initiative and take things to the next level, they almost kiss at the nightmare scene, just don't because MC is a dumbass (no jab intented at the writer, no problem MC being a dumbass at this situation), and Haley teases MC to rub lotion all over her almost naked body later, so it seems like Haley already have her feelings figured out, but isn't brave enough to fully act upon them.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
As long as these developers don't set the apartment on fire, I can live with other girls in the game.
Haha, right ;)
What if it's the office that caught fire?
You can save only one! ... ... ... Well, I guess that's not much of a choice, is it? Can you actually continue a game where the MC dies?
After the MC dies, you now play as Victor, and he has no interest in women.
For f***'s sake. Stop trying to s*** stir and leave other games alone. There's not a fire here so there's no f****** reason to talk about one.

Seems like Haley is basically waiting for MC to take the initiative and take things to the next level, they almost kiss at the nightmare scene, just don't because MC is a dumbass (no jab intented at the writer, no problem MC being a dumbass at this situation), and Haley teases MC to rub lotion all over her almost naked body later, so it seems like Haley already have her feelings figured out, but isn't brave enough to fully act upon them.
I don't think she's quite there yet. She seems a little confused but acts on impulse at times. I think she just needs time to sort her feelings out.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
For f***'s sake. Stop trying to s*** stir and leave other games alone. There's not a fire here so there's no f****** reason to talk about one.
Can I help you find your sense of humor?

Acting Lessons was a great game. So is this one. But neither is a sacred cow that must be worshipped unquestioningly.

May 8, 2018
Acting Lessons was a great game.
Lol. It's wrong thread, but AL maybe was great, but only for first 4 episodes, then in 5th and half of 6th bearable, because there was at least thought of something like hope, but after that game went down to a shitter so quick and without any logic, like the dev wanted to get rid of his work and to move to next project. Ik that he had full story from start, but getting her to end was not delivered like it should, it looked like rushed. For me it was great but finished like a utter garbage. But we are not all the same, some ppl like that. Peace bro. I wont comment any more about that game here, just wanted to share my opinion about that.
And I hope that Haley wouldn't go in that direction.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Lol. It's wrong thread, but AL maybe was great, but only for first 4 episodes, then in 5th and half of 6th bearable, because there was at least thought of something like hope, but after that game went down to a shitter so quick and without any logic, like the dev wanted to get rid of his work and to move to next project. Ik that he had full story from start, but getting her to end was not delivered like it should, it looked like rushed. For me it was great but finished like a utter garbage. But we are not all the same, some ppl like that. Peace bro. I wont comment any more about that game here, just wanted to share my opinion about that.
And I hope that Haley wouldn't go in that direction.
Acting Lessons was unique, as is its developer. I am sure some other developer will at some point try to emulate DrPinkCake, but I seriously doubt that it will be this one. I don't even think DrPinkCake will repeat that sudden turn to tragedy and bathos, which turned off so many followers.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't think she's quite there yet. She seems a little confused but acts on impulse at times. I think she just needs time to sort her feelings out.
It could be either way really, she may be confused exploring her feelings, or she already has them sorted out but don't have the courage to act upon them, the only thing that is pretty obvious is that she obviously knows that she feel attracted to the MC, the only thing in dispute is if she came to terms with those feelings or not. The last scene in the update can be either way, or she feels guilty for letting her feelings get the best of her and is fearful of pushing her brother away, or she is feeling more confused than ever

Her nightmares may have something to do with it, fear that her brother won't be there for her, that she will be alone, I don't know

Reactions: Walter Victor

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Acting Lessons was unique, as is its developer. I am sure some other developer will at some point try to emulate DrPinkCake, but I seriously doubt that it will be this one. I don't even think DrPinkCake will repeat that sudden turn to tragedy and bathos, which turned off so many followers.
Bathos? Is that being sad because your bath got cold? :D

(For the non-native English speakers, that's a typo of pathos, "a quality that evokes pity or sadness".

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
My one complaint is I would prefer a path where he doesn't have to date Sandra. She's nice and all, but it bugs me that for the the MC to do something with Haley, he going to have to cheat on Sandra or do something really messed up to cause a break up. There is no realistic way I can see Sandra doing a 3 way.
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to do a VN that has two completely different scenarios, Sandra is being used as a plot device to create more situations between MC and Haley and with other characters as well, to make another route without MC being in a relationship with Sandra and making the game progress at the same pace would be a nightmare, or them the dev would have to cut around 50% of content for people that doesn't want a relationship with Sandra. If Sandra was a bitch that you would cheat on her on the blink of an eye a lot more people would complain that they didn't wish the relationship as well

Probably why many devs go to the sandbox style progressing girls independently of one another, just crossing up as you progress both a certain amount, and the game simply blocks all the undesired content. I personaly like the VN style more, the storytelling usually has a bigger spotlight and it's easier for the writer to control the rhythm of the narrative

Reactions: u z i

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
(For the non-native English speakers, that's a typo of pathos, "a quality that evokes pity or sadness".
Actually, 'bathos', is a perfectly good English word, and conveys precisely what I meant.

From my cellphone dictionary: 1. a ludicrous descent from the exalted or lofty to the commonplace; anticlimax.

'Pathos' is more complimentary than I think that game's denouement deserves.

Reactions: 215303j
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes