TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Has anyone else experienced the "skip" command simply not working? Pressing CTRL or Tab produces one skip only. I've used UnRen and option 5(?) to try and force it enabled, but no go. I'm using a walkthrough mod by IAmAB with the game but I don't think that's the cause.

Reactions: IAmAB

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Has anyone else experienced the "skip" command simply not working? Pressing CTRL or Tab produces one skip only. I've used UnRen and option 5(?) to try and force it enabled, but no go. I'm using a walkthrough mod by IAmAB with the game but I don't think that's the cause.
Well, that might be the cause, since I don't have any problem with the skip function without the mod.

Reactions: majdaddin

IAmAB

Working on my new Male Protagonist game!
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2019
I tested it and it is working perfectly. Are you sure you activated all the options in preferences>skip? Thanks for the report anyway.

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I have never noticed the "skip" command not working, But there is a very good reason for it. If it is a great story, like Haley's Story is, then I don't skip.

Reactions: Walter Victor

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I tested it and it is working perfectly. Are you sure you activated all the options in preferences>skip? Thanks for the report anyway.
OK, this has me baffled about that "Skip" option in Preferences then, and it appears I've been doing things wrong all along.

In all other RenPy games I play I disable all those options, so they are not highlighted or have that | line next to them, and yet skipping in-game works fine.

Except..... now that I think about it more..... in one or two other games I remember having that same problem. At the time I just said "meh, I can press space bar repeatedly I guess"

Now I'm not sure what that option actually should do.

But I just enabled them all in this game...... and now skipping works fine.

What does that Preferences option actually control then? Or, rather, what should it control, or do?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The skip unscene text option in the preferences lets you skip all the text, even if you haven't seen it before.

But you don't need to use that to skip if you have seen the text before.

My guess is the mod made the game think you haven't saw the text before, so you have to enable skip unscene text to skip it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
OK, this has me baffled about that "Skip" option in Preferences then, and it appears I've been doing things wrong all along.

In all other RenPy games I play I disable all those options, so they are not highlighted or have that | line next to them, and yet skipping in-game works fine.

Except..... now that I think about it more..... in one or two other games I remember having that same problem. At the time I just said "meh, I can press space bar repeatedly I guess"

What does that Preferences option actually control then? Or, rather, what should it control, or do?
they have three functions the first allows you to skip unseen text basically something you didn't see before(sometimes when playing a new version the engine might fail to recognize what you already saw in a previous playthrough), another skips transactions and the last doesn't stop the skipping when you have to make a choice and after it.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

IAmAB

Working on my new Male Protagonist game!
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2019

Probably you must have seen the texts of the game and came back to make another choice or whatever and then you used the skip. The first option of skip (unseen text) is for you to skip all the text even if you haven't seen it before. The second skips even after making choices and the third simply skips transitions like chapter 1 to 2. I hope I helped or that you found it useful. Any bug in the mod or questions you can send me a direct message.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It could also be mentioned, that usually a changed line - e. g. fixing a typo - will be considered "unseen" by the engine, so the occasional hiccup may happen. Though that usually doesn't apply to all lines (games that would need that much fixing tend to have devs who don't care).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Your missing the point here toppings is what makes the final dessert taste more sweeter. :WeSmart:
To be fair though, naked is the safer option for the cook. There is cute lingerie people may not find cute but silly - with flaccid results. There is sexy lingerie which people may find trashy. There is stylish lingerie people just don't find revealing enough. And so on. People will complain. Can't complain 'bout nekkid.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's the latest from Patreon:

1595160237728.png

Release on the 21'st

Hey

Like the title says, we're having to push the release to the 21'st. We have to redo some images that didn't come out right. 10 of them to be exact. Likely this will take us another day. Pto tried to fix them in photoshop, but didn't manage to do it. So, we've decided to redo them all together.

Sorry about that. I just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up.

Viit

This means to me that we won't receive the release here until the 22nd.

By the way, I assume that preview pic is from the non-Sandra route.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes