Aug 17, 2019
He doesn't compress the images much but the majority of the size is the animations. He uses still frames and has renpy rapidly change between them rather than covert the image series to a video this makes what would be a 500kb-1mb video into a 20mb+ image series for every animation/angle.
Holy fuck that seems super inefficient. Unless they're planning to end the game within the next couple of updates, that's going to bloat the hell out of this in the long run. Why in gods name would they choose that method if they knew they'd want more than a couple of animations?

Reactions: notBatman747

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Uhhhh, Sandra's hair is miles away from the most egregious hangups of this game.
Not at all my point. This was: Sandra's appeal as a character was fatally handicapped by the tight braid. It fed into her persona. A more attractive version with less severe hair would've been to her benefit.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Will the future updates here be like this "Pre-Patched" version or will we need to add a patch next time?
Only asking as i will replay game to make saves fully compatible with this version.
As much as i like this game i don't wanna replay it over every time.

Also, i really hope this game gets big lengthy endings.
I'm not fully sure who is writing the story, whether its Viitgames or PTOLEMY.
But as great all PTOLEMY games are, the endings were always lacking a little. At least in my opinion.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
That's really not at all my position and very much your own issue.
My point is changing Sandra's hair doesn't magically fix her character, thus public opinion on the game wouldn't change much if he did. It certainly isn't worth it to Pto to re-render the beginning of the game.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm not a Sandra fan, I never will be and that is fine. I love the boss route and it works for me. Changing anything about Sandra wouldn't change my feelings about her nor probably would it most people at this stage. She seems to either be loved or not, as I don't really read much in between.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
All fine. I don't want anyone who doesn't like Sandra to change their mind. But I do maintain that the initial physical presentation of the character was a mistake.

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
If you on Sandra's path.. no... now you have to wait, just as those that on the Haley path had too. Enjoy your blue balls..
It would've been nice to know that before downloading 5 GB. Any idea why there's no Change log on the first post of this thread?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Apropos of nothing in the current update (or the previous update), I think that much about this game and the reception thereof would have been different if Sandra's second haircut would've been part of the model from the beginning. In the extremely unlikely event that the devs are willing to do some backfilling in pursuit of post-completion glory, I'd strongly encourage them to re-render Sandra with the updated hairstyle. Not while she's playing squash, but everywhere else. It's not only more attractive, it's visually "softer" and thus helps mitigate her more extreme quirks.
So, if you have a girl friend with extreme quirks... You will suggest a new hair cut for her? How does that work out in rl? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: preglovr12

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Not at all my point. This was: Sandra's appeal as a character was fatally handicapped by the tight braid. It fed into her persona. A more attractive version with less severe hair would've been to her benefit.
Her hair cut, or even her persona itself doesn't really affect the ones that is on the "pure" Haley path though. Some people just doesn't like such a constellation of a relationship regardless how Sandra did look. You can put lipstick on a pig, it would still be a pig :p

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
So, if you have a girl friend with extreme quirks... You will suggest a new hair cut for her? How does that work out in rl? :ROFLMAO:
I'm not talking about the game narrative. I'm talking about an extremely hostile reaction to Sandra from players that calmed a great deal when the devs changed her haircut. Shallow? Yes, assuredly. I don't blame the devs and obviously I don't blame a theoretical fictional player. But do I think that players are easily manipulated?

Well...

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes