Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
What's the point of giving me all these girls to flirt with and then forced the romance choice only on one of them? I hate these kinds of kinetic novels disguised as a more classic VN where you've a real choice in the matter.
Damn, and here I was hoping Ashley's sister would be a target.
The point is you can romance/fuck all the girls during the game. Straight from the dev:
Man so much emotion over this... Okay I'll make my self 100% clear. You can romance all the girls during the duration of your stay. You can do the dirty with them, go out on dates with the and what ever else I come up with. But in the end you will or won't only end up with one = Emily

There's a plot reason for that and I'm not changing my main story arc even if a lot of people end up hating the game because they don't like Emily or want a harem ending.

You will or wont (depending on Emily's LP) end up with Emily in the postscript in the final episode. There's still the entire game to spend time with the girl or girls you do like if you hate Emily.
Ah... but, since nothing is actually FINISHED, there's nothing to say that won't change.
Which is why it won't change, the dev has an established story outline with planned endings. It's just going to take a looong time to get there.
Some kind of progress report would be very welcome, I think.
More frequent communication would be nice, but there was a sitrep in March. Which by Az standards is fairly recent (the one before than was Jan).
IMO people who point out that games are taking a long time, or that updates are overdue, do so in the hope that the Dev will read the thread & register the feeling of frustration & the enthusiasm to have them go on, which, just possibly, might lead to them continuing.
If that's the case then they're wasting their time, the dev hasn't visited F95 since Nov 30, 2021. Though I doubt that is the motivation for most.

Some seem to be driven to 'warn' others that the dev is glacially slow, while others just feel the need to vent.

Which is fine in moderation, it's when it becomes a constant stream of complaining that it becomes annoying for other users. Anyone can see when the game was last updated, we don't need to hear about it again, and again, and again.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
IMO people who point out that games are taking a long time, or that updates are overdue, do so in the hope that the Dev will read the thread & register the feeling of frustration & the enthusiasm to have them go on, which, just possibly, might lead to them continuing. There's not much chance of that, although sometimes the comments elicit communication from some Devs. There are authors/artists who might feel gratified that something they've left alone still maintains some interest.

There are alternatives for fans, one of which is to do absolutely nothing, which is what such an approach will achieve. Players can also just forget, or try to forget, about the story & play something else. This also does nothing to enhance the chances of the game continuing.

Halfway House is at a point where some message from the Dev would be welcome, even if, by this stage, it was just to say that it's not going to continue.
That attitude only promotes more toxic comments and turns threads into idiotic circlejerks. There are threads in which the same people post the same nonsense every day. For what purpose? Devs won't go in there and if they do they won't comment because of the general vibe.
It's especially stupid in threads that receive an update every 6+ months. Ignore the thread and let it sink, don't post in it every day to spout the same shit keeping the thread in the first page.

Νømad

Jul 31, 2019
The point is you can romance/fuck all the girls during the game. Straight from the dev:

Which is why it won't change, the dev has an established story outline with planned endings. It's just going to take a looong time to get there.

More frequent communication would be nice, but there was a sitrep in March. Which by Az standards is fairly recent (the one before than was Jan).

If that's the case then they're wasting their time, the dev hasn't visited F95 since Nov 30, 2021. Though I doubt that is the motivation for most.

Some seem to be driven to 'warn' others that the dev is glacially slow, while others just feel the need to vent.

Which is fine in moderation, it's when it becomes a constant stream of complaining that it becomes annoying for other users. Anyone can see when the game was last updated, we don't need to hear about it again, and again, and again.
Yeah, that's what I don't like: "But in the end you will or won't only end up with one = Emily"
I'll repeat myself, what's the point then? Why try to romance other girls if in the end, for some unknown reason, it'll go all to shit apart for Emily's path?

I know that most of the players here on F95 don't give a shit about the story, the plot or else. They play most of the time for the sex, the kinky stuff and nothing else. But I do. So, giving me the possibility to fuck Ashley but not have proper romance arc with her, for me it's disappointing.

But it's my fault, I should've read more about the game before playing it. Usually, I do that to try to avoid this kind of forced VN games. But let's forget it, I don't want to ruin the vibes here more than I should for those who enjoy it. When I post my comment, I had just finished the game and discover this, so I was very disappointed to know that I wasted my time.

May 23, 2021
genuinely hope that if the dev starts a new game after this one he sticks to kinetic novel with no choices or one with choices that matter not these fake choices but still kudos to him for sticking to his guns even though it's irritating

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
That attitude only promotes more toxic comments and turns threads into idiotic circlejerks. There are threads in which the same people post the same nonsense every day. For what purpose? Devs won't go in there and if they do they won't comment because of the general vibe.
It's especially stupid in threads that receive an update every 6+ months. Ignore the thread and let it sink, don't post in it every day to spout the same shit keeping the thread in the first page.
I advocated that, several times over a couple of years on another well-known thread featuring comments on a game with a glacial development pace. As expected, it was ignored, every time. Hats off to anyone who could organise a boycott anywhere on F95. What you're saying is forget about it. Yet, you havn't if you're still commenting. Many people have forgotten about Halfway House. Normally I'm one of them, as I deleted this game ages ago in a clear-out of those with too many big gaps between updates &/or giving the appearance of not being likely to continue. Sometimes, however, I see the title in the "What's New" section & look in out of curiosity & a small amount of hope. It's not abandoned & even abandoned games can be revived or remade.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Hey I agree with the toxicity but damn dude why's it bothering you so much? If they wanna complain about long intervals between updates or the game possibly being abandoned, let them do so. They certainly not bothering you or anyone else in any way shape or form by doing so. And if it is bothering or effecting you or anyone else then just ignore the thread or comments. It's as simple as that:sleep:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Hey I agree with the toxicity but damn dude why's it bothering you so much? If they wanna complain about long intervals between updates or the game possibly being abandoned, let them do so. They certainly not bothering you or anyone else in any way shape or form by doing so. And if it is bothering or effecting you or anyone else then just ignore the thread or comments. It's as simple as that:sleep:
Just saying that keeping dead games or scams threads alive is stupid imo. But you do you.

k.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ottoeight

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Just saying that keeping dead games or scams threads alive is stupid imo. But do what you have to do.

View attachment 2602576
I agree but stupid or not if that's what they wanna do let em do it. As long as it's not effecting anyone i don't see why complain about it. If they choose to spend their money on scams it's their choice and it's their money. You're not effected by it so really there's no need to complain about it u know.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
EP10_Final_Sitrep.png

EP10 Final Sitrep
Hey Folks,
The production side of EP10 is done. All the writing and rendering are complete. EP10 contains 1544 renders including 21 animations in all.
Now I'll start working on the audio side of things and that'll prolly take 2-3 days. Once that's done the script will be sent out for proofreading and after that's done, only the final play test will be left.
So I expect to be able to finally drop EP10 in around a week hopefully, or two at the most.
Thanks,
Az.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
We'll see. I don't care about it. New content is new content.
Yeah. He should quit his job and ditch his private life to please all the pirates.
Yeah, no. I am not one to get bent out of shape due to time because I only actually donate to two AVN devs.My sentiment is more catered toward those who support Devs who milk their audience. This particular dev has a what? 18 month, on average, release cycle. There is having a private life and there is taking the piss. With their release cycle they average one render every three days. I doubt you'll lose your private life, or job, being that slow.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
If it bothers you this much then just do as I did and cancel your Patreon sub.
If you don't contribute then just go back to sharpening your cutlass and carry on moaning.
Don't sub to this one. Plus, wasn't moaning was an observation. But I get the distinct feeling you are a white knight/Milker defender. So saying anything further will be fruitless.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Year and a quarter. But I'm good with math.

And that equates to at least couple hours of content, unless you're a skipper and only look for fap material in the lewds. I guess when you're not good at math, you don't like reading, either.

No, not an ideal amount of material any way you cut it, but I have other things to keep me occupied and I'm a pirate, just like you, so quitchyurbitchin.

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes